Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Countdown to 150 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97206)

SiriusT Tue, Apr-29-03 07:28

Good Morning!

Hi everyone!

It's good to see how well everyone is doing!

Kellie - don't worry about the drink but maybe you could find a low-carb recipe for it next time. I just purchased some of those da Vinci syrups so I can make some sweet drinks. Haven't done one yet but I'll be ready it I need one! :lol:

Wannabeski - welcome to the group. I think we'll check in with weights around June 1, see how we've shrunk.

Hi Cher, Ellen, Jolie, RoMo and HLFan!

I'm doing well here on my personal countdown to vacation (leaving on Thursday!!! :cool: ) I haven't taken a day off exercise for 2 weeks. Weight loss has stalled (TOM expected any day now :rolleyes: ). I've hit the tanning booth, got my eyebrows waxed and tonight go for pedicure and manicure. Can you tell I'm excited?

Have a great day everyone! Any ideas for how we can make this group work for us - post tips or challenges each week?, menus, exercise challenges? or just stay here supporting each other?

Amy

Cher422 Tue, Apr-29-03 16:22

Nice weather!

Oh yes, I love the nice weather!! :) On Sunday, I did Tae-Bo, UE weights, and abs. Yesterday I was too sore to do anything. Today I played tennis!!! It was so nice. Eating is the same....still lots of veggies and good LC in general (less than 30g/day).

I hope that you all are enjoying the weather, too!

-cher

tigeraspen Wed, Apr-30-03 05:04

Nice Pix Amy!

Hi everyone. I am barely keeping my head above water with school and all. Will try to check in once every cuple of days.

The food thing is ok. I have been eating out alot so I am relying on salads, chicken wings and bugers w/o the bun. Tonight I'll be home so I will try to make veggies and some chicken.

Have a good day! It will be nice here in the Catskills/Hudson Valley!.

Ellen

JolieFleur Wed, Apr-30-03 09:02

Workout problems...

Hey everyone,

I am having the most trouble getting myself out of bed to jog in the morning! Then by the time I'm off work I am so exhausted I don't want to go jog. It sounds like you all are so good at keeping up with your workouts! How do you do it? Any morning motivation tips?

*~Jolie~*

SiriusT Wed, Apr-30-03 11:25

Hi Jolie, I know just what you mean. I really struggle to get out of bed in the morning but my after work runs are pitiful. :rolleyes: I don't have any good tips except to lay out your clothes the night before, set your alarm and don't think before you're out the door. I make sure I leave myself enough time to relax a bit before going to work after my run. I can't stand feeling rushed in the morning.

The good thing is you don't have to do it everyday. Plan runs for the weekend and only get up 2 times during the week if you want. I'm doing BFL so I have to workout 6x/week but I do schedule my off day for mid-week.

Off to Marco Island tomorrow! Have a good week everyone!
:wave: Amy

tgill32177 Wed, Apr-30-03 13:35

Am I too late???

Am I too late to join this challenge?

I really would love to lose by July,
if not at least have someone to
help keep me motivated to lose.

Stats: I started Atkins for the 2nd
time on Jan 20,2003 and so far
I have lost 55lbs as of my last
weigh in. (4/21/03)
I fell off the wagon this past weekend
so I am doing 1 week of induction
this week to get back into ketosis.

My exercise schedule is I do a
workout on Bowflex 3x's a week
and I do Tae-bo, walking or
stair climbing 2x's a week.

I was really pumped when I finally
got under 200#'s I can't even imagine
getting under 150. I have been there
since ....I don't know when.

Anyway, I am looking forward to
setting this goal and joining you
and cheering each of you on!
:roll:

JolieFleur Wed, Apr-30-03 14:34

WooHoo!

Have a GREAT vacation Amy! And thanks for the tips! I'll have to try that "not thinking 'til I'm out the door" thing. That will probably work for me as long as I tie my house key to my shoe the night before!

Welcome to the countdown tgill!

JolieFleur Fri, May-02-03 09:30

I did it!

I finally did it! I got myself out of bed this morning and went for a jog. It was only 20 minutes, but that's something to build on. Yay! :spin:

kellielou Fri, May-02-03 09:45

tgill, welcome to the group.

Jolie, congratulation! I am so unmotivated when it comes to excercise. I have got to kick myself in the butt and get going because I really need it. Keep up the good work.....Kellie

tgill32177 Fri, May-02-03 09:51

New Pool!!!

Our pool was installed on Wed...
I haven't had time to do much
else... been swimming. :D

Swam for about an hour with
hubby and kid last night. It felt
wonderful when my old bathing
suit started to fall off because
it was too big. WOOO HOOO!
Hubby was wishing the kid would
go inside...LOL!

Is there any particular day of the
week you all are weighing in?
I usually weigh on Mondays since
I started on a Mon. However, I can
change it to follow suit. Not a problem.

I know that I have lost this week
as I went back on induction after
a weekend of indulgence. ( :( )
I felt the whoosh last night after
the work out and my face has been
HOT all day. (usually the sign I am
in Ketosis)

Be blessed! Hope we are all losers
this week!!!

Tanya

tigeraspen Fri, May-02-03 17:35

Hi Tanya! Welcome...

have fun in the new pool.

Jolie...congrats on the exercise.

Well, I am up and down the same two lbs...but it is OK as my real goal is NOT TO GAIN. Yes I'd like to weigh 150 by the 4th...hmmm....but I don't think it's gonna happen. It is OK tho, I am not discouraged as I am looking at low carb as a WOL. I feel so much better.

Promise me you will all carry on and create the countdown to 140 and on and on. It is a tradition I picked up at Bootcamp Buddies a Weight Watchers site....however if you are not on program meaning WW then it's not the place to be.

Let's keep going!

Ellen :roll: :spin: :daze: :spin: :roll :spin: :roll:

red1cutie Sat, May-03-03 13:09

Hi Everyone! Is it too late to join? I started Atkins on February 19th, 2003 and I am losing very slowly so sometimes its frustrating. And I can't seem to exercise consistently which I am sure would help alot. I find that I prefer the weights to the cardio. I need motivation to restart BFL. I have never cheated since I started and I am not even tempted to cheat. I just need some inspiration to help me get to 150 and below.

Peace
red

tigeraspen Sat, May-03-03 16:29

Hi Red....never too late to join. Welcome! Looks like you have a nice loss under your belt.

Here is the good news. I was down 1 lb today. Whoopee!

Just returned from Albany and the March for Public Education. Got in a couple of brisk walks. It was great to be outside in such beautiful weather.

Chat soon.

Ellen

kellielou Sat, May-03-03 22:35

Hi everybody

Hey Tanya, that is so cool you got a new pool. How lucky you are to be able to swim whenever you want.

Welcome Red. Congratulation on the one pound Ellen.

I actually walked and worked out in my flower garden today.
I got this sudden burst of energy and decided to go with it. I know I will feel the same way tomorrow and weed my vegetable garden (note my positive attitude ;) ).

Ta Ta For Now...Kellie

tgill32177 Mon, May-05-03 08:06

Help me stay focused!

Having trouble keeping away
for High carb foods. It's that
TOM for me and I am not doing
well with sticking to the program.
I have bought LC snacks to bring
to the office and I have my meals
planned this week.
I need a push to keep me to my
exercise program. I only worked