Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hershey's SF Chocolates (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=94515)

Vpeach Thu, Jul-24-03 09:00

do you get extremely gassy though? I haven't had anymore since i finished the bag. but those candies cause cravings....at least for me they do. its almost as bad as whip cream and pb, One taste and i want the whole container.

Ophelia42 Thu, Jul-24-03 18:56

I have a question about the hersey chocolates...

From the nurtitional information - it says 23 g carbs (3 fiber/19 lacitol) - but when I plug in the calories/fat/protein - the hidden carb counter says it should have ~10 g carbs for 1 serving? What gives? Is the calorie count wrong? The carb count?

LilaCotton Mon, Oct-13-03 12:05

Hershey's sugar-free chocolate

I just saw an ad in Reader's Digest for Hershey sugar-free chocolate bars. Has anyone seen these in stores and tried them? No, I'm not going to indulge just yet--still several days left of induction but might be looking at this as a possible chocolate source for later and possibly making a few confections for the holidays. I mean, there are just some things that can't be completely taken away, like my home-made truffles, but I want to make them as low-carb as possible.

Rachelle Mon, Oct-13-03 12:17

I have tried them... they are good and tasty... although they cause me to be in the bathroom alot and quite a bit of gas.... the sugar alcohols stall some people... not sure if they stall me... as i haven't been on this WOL for long enough to be stalled.. I am sure I will be stalled eventually but that is normal...

I think you should try them if you are missing sweets... but don't overdo it...

Good luck

jedswife Mon, Oct-13-03 12:35

sf hersheys are really good!!

now you must also try russell stovers sugar free candies they are excellent - just watch it - they can be addictive because they do not taste like they are sugar free.

filmlass23 Mon, Oct-13-03 14:00

The SF Hershey's Dark Chocolates are FABULOUS. I hardly get any side effects from them at all. The PB Cups are like diaherretics. Tasty, but troubling...

The Russel Stover candies are really good -- the mint patties are really good, but too many and tummy trouble.

Marillia Tue, Oct-14-03 08:17

Yesterday we picked up some Russel Stover chocolates at the local Wal-Mart. I had a piece of dark chocolate... it was excellent!

I don't think I'll be overdosing on the chocolate, especially after hearing about the laxative effect.

(Anyone remember the story of Ex-lax brownies? This could put a whole new twist on it!)

sknymonkey Tue, Oct-14-03 13:57

I prefer the pb cups. The dark chocolate is OK, but a little waxy. I didn't like the Russel Stover's pb cups. They were BLAND.

BoSoxFan Tue, Oct-14-03 19:45

Gotta say, the Russell Stove LOW CARB candies are to die for! Not the Sugar Free ones. Big Difference! I've had the mint patties & the pecan turtles! They're a God Send when I want a dessert!

FitnessGal Tue, Oct-14-03 23:43

In Canada

Has anyone found the sugar free Hershey products in Canada????

annie805 Wed, Oct-15-03 14:11

Reese's PB cups- Watch out!

Okay, I got my hands on a bag of these yesterday. Serving size is 5, and I ate 10. They are so, so yummy.

Beware! Malitol (the 'sugar') is also a laxative. I spent the entire rest of the day (about 10 hours) running to the bathroom. That's one way to lose weight, but not the way I'd pick.

Now, they scare me.

Swoozie Sun, Oct-26-03 17:24

I use the Hershey's sugar free candy as exlax. No other sugar alternatives affect me as badly as the hersheys do. It's horrible!! BUT it get's me going when I'm having issues!
:)