Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Lisa wants a nice body (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=82236)

Natrushka Fri, Mar-07-03 11:10

Lisa, Misha's right - tension weights and free weights are NOT the same thing. I know a really buff little woman who uses tension weights and can press 80 lbs that way - she cannot handle two 20 lb dumb bells though. It's a different type of lifting.

Never push youself to compete with someone else - you'll only hurt yourself in the end. The beauty of being "new" is that you'll make some impressive gains right away - just let it happen!

N

lkonzelman Fri, Mar-07-03 11:36

But But But.... LOL

Ok, the voice of reason has spoken (which now has the face of a buffalo not the pretty blonde anymore) and once more made sense to me so I will continue to work to my own personal best....

lkonzelman Sat, Mar-08-03 21:18

Well yesterday got away from me with time and today almost did too but DH went to bed and I got some free time.

Started the ab stuff Nat showed me. Now - let me say I think I did them ok but practice will make me stronger and more fluid so I think these will work very well for me.

It is interesting if anyone is reading it is almost like doing yoga poses. Something calming and strong at the same time. I think I will really look forward to excelling on these.

The link again

the scarlett o'hara - 5 reps
the spastic butterfly - 3 reps
the basement crunch - 3 reps each side
the superman sling - 6 reps
the dead bug - 5 reps each side (really started enjoying the movements on this one)
the open book - 5 reps (shakey by this point)
the parallel point - 1 rep each side (very shakey so not keeping form after the 15th second)

lkonzelman Mon, Mar-10-03 08:15

FYI - Saturday and Sunday walked the dog's = about 1 mile/20 minutes.

Yesterday - chased my 1 year old nephew up and down the stairs and all over my house for 3 hours. LOL my legs are actually sore. I'm counting it!

XOXO

diget77 Mon, Mar-10-03 09:20

Chasing kids around is really a work out LOL!!!! In fact with my second pregnancy, I only gained like 5 pounds because my oldest had learned to walk and was sooo curious.

Count away....I dont anymore, just because it has become routine and my body is now used to it.

Keep up the goos work!

Dani

lkonzelman Mon, Mar-10-03 18:55

Thanks Dani...

Ok tonight finally got chest and shoulders down.

3 sets 15-12-10 - 5lb dumbbells

front raises (each arm)
lateral raises
arnold press
shoulder press
upright row
rear raises
bent over row (each arm)
single arm tricep extentions (each arm)
seated rear lateral raises
shrug

Plan is now alternating workouts:
shoulder/chest - aerobic - abs/squats - shoulder/chest - etc...

diget77 Mon, Mar-10-03 19:07

ooops

I meant to say good work (of course)

mischa Mon, Mar-10-03 20:28

Lisa, your workout looks great:) :hyper:

I just changed my goal weight to reflext a 20 % BF goal, I calculated this out from the Protein Power book formula:) If I don't like what I see then I can always change it back. Almost feels like I had a little whoosh:)

lkonzelman Tue, Mar-11-03 20:16

Ended up doing ab work tonight.

Matthews Ab Exercises -

Scarlett O'Hara 5X
Spastic Butterfly 2X to fatigue
Basement Crunch 4X each side
Dead Bug 5X each side
Piston 5X each side
Open Book 6X
Parallel Point 2X each side
Frog 2X for 30 seconds

RGale Tue, Mar-11-03 20:51

Good for you for getting motivated on such a lousy day!!

--Ruth

PS: per your question in my journal, I LOVE my workouts . . . except for the ball squats. Those are still miserable. We'll see how they go tomorrow. :daze:

lkonzelman Wed, Mar-12-03 18:18

Thanks Ruth...

Tonight chest and shoulders -

3 sets 15-12-10 - 5lb dumbbells

front raises (each arm)
lateral raises
arnold press
shoulder press
upright row
rear raises
bent over row (each arm)
single arm tricep extentions (each arm)
sissy squats
seated rear lateral raises
shrug

l_knierim Thu, Mar-13-03 15:17

Hello Lisa,

I was just wandering what you think of the Matthews method so far. I know you just started, but still wanted your input on it. I left a question about it for Nat, but she is living her other life,LOL. So I will just have to wait till she has time to answer. So I rememberd reading your gym log and that you where doing them now. SO a lgiht bulb went offf and said hey ask Lisa her opinion on them. So here I am.

I also wanted to comment you are doing great. Keep it up.

Thanks for the help, Lynn

lkonzelman Thu, Mar-13-03 15:31

Thanks for your interest Lynn.

I really like them. I feel tighter and after only one week I can tense those muscles and flex. I have been flexing them all day at work. It feels awesome since my abs are my worst area. By the last one I am shaking when I hold so I know I have much further to go but I like that.

If you can master it all first try - it's not hard enough.... In fact the smooth movements and concentration remind me of yoga. It feels very fluid when moving...

Are you doing them too??? Do you like them???

l_knierim Thu, Mar-13-03 15:58

Iam starting them.....

They look hard.LOL :eek: I have never done Yoga or Pilates, but am very intrested in the pilates(Sp). So when I saw the link I thought I will give it a try. Are you doing them everyday or how many days a week? I think I may try evryother day for me. Iam doing BRX but I do not feel like the crunches are doing me any good. I know that I have not developed the concentration to feel my abs working, thought the MM might help with that aswell. WEll off to do some more browsing. Talk to ya later,and thank you for the reply. Lynn

lkonzelman Thu, Mar-13-03 18:33

Kind of working out what feels right. At this point it is every other day now. But I think its just kind of what I am craving to do right now because it is all so new. Weights one day - abs the other...

Both are hard for me but i'm very motivated now.

And about yoga - I tried it before and didn't like it ... I wasn't able to relax enough but this I like.

Let me know what you think...