Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   July Crackdown LC Megaeffort (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=49464)

Wendye Sun, Jul-14-02 01:59

The man of mystery is teasing us I think - and Jude you beat me here. I just dobbed on him and wa on my way here to dob but you beat me here!!! I won't be put off.

Just dropped in to dob on Jude wha has been drinking some wine!

There. Now we all know. Bye for now. I'm of to have some creamy chicken soup for dindins!!! Yummo and LC to boot!

Jude do you think you can seduce us with cute fawn pics???

How about some good Aussie critters!!

Some cute little Sea Dragons!!! Like 'em - we got heaps of them!!

heyjude607 Sun, Jul-14-02 03:08

See, I told you...

...I barely beat her here ...LMAO!!! :lol:

quote:
quote:
Jude do you think you can seduce us with cute fawn pics??? _________________________________________________

That, my dear, is a "hustling" gazelle! :lol:

Any of various small, swift antelopes of the genus Gazella and related genera of Africa and Asia, characteristically having a slender neck and annulate horns.

How very cute: weedy & leafy seadragons!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everyday a Fresh Reality...Beautiful and Strong!"

Wendye Sun, Jul-14-02 06:34

Quote:
That, my dear, is a "hustling" gazelle!

So sorry friend - I'll have to do a bit of animal research next time.

Hey have you see there are lots of lurkers here - how about you come clean and say hi Hi!

Now - did some Joanising today and actually drank 10 glassess of water - no not before brekkie, Joan!!

ERSmith45 Sun, Jul-14-02 07:18

Here's one Texas's most popular native critters...

I've had too much salt the past couple of days along with that MSG lunch on Friday. I'm holding on to my water.... :rolleyes: So, the scale has been up a pound, but I'm not counting it as weight gain. My flux is three to four pounds while I'm losing. DH just went to take Mom for a walk :D , so I need to scoot and do my exercise while he's gone.

kodi10 Sun, Jul-14-02 11:57

Been pretty bummed out the scale not moving so I measured. There is a smile across my lips now.

In the last week, with no weight loss I have lost off my:

Bust: 1.5 inches
Chest (under the breasts): .5 (less fat there I guess)
Waist: 1 inch
Hips: .5
Thigh: 1 inch!

:clap:

I have read this happens, but it doesn't make any sense to me and my overly analytic brain is reeling. But it is reeling happily!

Atkid Sun, Jul-14-02 16:37

Yes ladies

No, it is not a mirage.

C'est moi. Your low carb god.

Ladies! Please! Form an orderly queue.

With the presence of all my LC ladies, essentially this is my LC harem.

:D

What are my goals?

1 ) Water - 5 litres daily. Been averaging 4.
2 ) Cut out dairy. Started today.
3 ) Keep losing size. I don't think the scale is working out for me. I am a big person without the fat and muscle building seems to be going OK. I feel a bit thinner since the exercise. So I think I will make losing size my goal.
4 ) Make my LC ladies fall further head over heels for me. I shall do this simply by being myself. No effort is required.

Now that the Gospel of Atkid has been delivered -

Grope away ;)

ERSmith45 Sun, Jul-14-02 19:04

Waaaaa hooooo..... Me first!

Wendye Sun, Jul-14-02 22:19

Ela - I know you'd be first here! And now for some sycophantic messages that Atkid expects (OK I had to look it up! - It just means flattering the high and mighty!)

O great one of mystery thank you for honouring us with your pressence. blah blah blah!!!

Bye cya later Atkid and others!!!

I'm off for some protein and water! :thup:

kodi10 Mon, Jul-15-02 01:41

Harem???? Did he really say his "harem"?

plum Mon, Jul-15-02 03:33

morning all. good July news from me, inches last week as reported and this week 2 lb :D

heyjude: what an attractive picture of you, you look lovely. now, I must learn how to use that colour thing , too....

wannabe- come back soon, tell us about yourself !

Atkid: hooray ! you caught up with us !

Ela: thanks for the timely warning about msg. I am having msg with a bit of added chinese for lunch, so wont go near the scale awhile till its worn off. I have studied the menu in advance, and have my choices sussed out .

Kodi: isnt it great about the tape measure ? I didnt believe such a thing was possible till I saw it. now I realise its how things go.

Heres a formula Id like to pass on out of interest. Because its based on goal weight but it works out to more or less the very 10 X current wt. that Im doing currently.......

ie for me at semi active works out at 1680 - 1960 , which is what Im doing........ on my basis of 10 X current weight ( errr am I making sense? :) too many currently - s ))

Non active 10 X goal weight
Semi active 12 - 14 X goal weight
Very active 15 X goal weight.

Happy week everyone.

Atrsy Mon, Jul-15-02 05:22

Wendye, lyou can consider me one of those lurkers, so Hi!
My computer has gotten so slow that it takes 2-3 min. just to bring up a page. I think it has to do with all those pictures. Anyway, everytime I come here, it takes so long to catch up on reading that I don't have time to post.

Plum, I think lyour little formula would work for me too. When I keep the calories to about 1600-1800, I do much better. And another thing, Plum, when you said you look better without clothes than with, I was bowled over! :eek: This poor old body of mine is so lumpy and dimpled and gross that I think I'd look better wearing a tent!

Lori Jo, I printed off that ballerina and hung it on my fridge next to the goal picture of me. (I took a pic from a magazine that I would like to look like and superimposed my head on it.) I guess that the comparison may help me!

I still have my company from FLA and I have been not able to stick to these goals for the Crackdown. Actually I haven't been doing too badly, but I can tell that by eating some of the wrong thngs, I am bloated and uncomfortable. Between moving my DD, the weather and a house guest to cook for, I've been a litttle stressed.

You girls, and Atkid and Rusty, are all so enthusiastic that I'm hoping it starts to rub off. I want to be like you and start losing inches and lbs.

Carol

LORI JO Mon, Jul-15-02 06:23

Slow Loading

Carol -

On your internet browser bars, look under "tools" - depending on what you have (MSN, AOL, etc.) - there should be an option that asks if you want the pictures to load/show. If you check "no", your pages will load faster.

Kodi -

Did he say "your low carb god??" and "harem?" BTW, good going on the tape measure! Congrats!

Lori

Wendye Mon, Jul-15-02 07:11

Hey Carol thanks for de-cloaking off the starbord side - oh no - I 'd better not say that or Atkid might want a picture of you decloaked - so I take that back - but good to see you have de-luked!!!

Hmm Rusty - not been on the forum for days - hope it's just his computer and nothing wrong with him - I was worried the other day and now I am more worried.

Plum - I think those ratios to goal weight are nuch more sensible especially for us real heavies

If I work it out on current weight x 10 gulp I should be eating almost 3000 cals per day - but on your numbers (if goal weight is a sensible ideal weight and not some fanciful twiggy number) worked out on goal weight then I should be having 1600 or so which is a bit difference and makes much more sense.

Maybe Atkid would find this interesting!! - I'll copy your post into his journal in case he misses it here - and that is if you've not already been there. :wave:

Signing off - you freindly dibber-dobber

plum Mon, Jul-15-02 09:17

about the numbers.... just to illustrate...

my current weight x 10 = 1960
semi active 12 - 14 = 1680 - 1960

1960 the same :idea: !! and I have been aiming at 1900.

coincidentally ( ? ) great research has shown me that any thing below 1600 and Im completely stalled. ( have been talented in this :( )

anyone lurking who is eating , losing, not thinking about it ... please just carry on as thats the best thing. O therwise these numbers have been of great interest for me personally.

( never found a formula to fit me before, usually Im a bit individual !)
wish I knew where they came from. nicked 'em from another site ;)

RawSienna Mon, Jul-15-02 09:19

Am I here?
Is this the Crackdown?
"looks round"
My word....it is!!!

Okay....my goals for July (or whats left of it)...
1. Drink 8c water every day.
2. Don't go whole hog on my one day a week "off."
3. Laugh, love, keep the cup half full.
4. Reach 165

Carol...another hint for the images....
If you go to your Profile...then Edit Options....you can check "no" for the "Show image attachements"....I think that will make all the pictures dissapear. You can also click "no" for the avatars to disappear too. I've not tried these options as I'm on cable and no problems loading...but they might help!