Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Lynn is turning in to a Butterfly. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=45757)

lpioch Mon, Feb-24-03 19:42

Reverse Crunches - blech!

Ugh! Those reverse crunches kill me too. I couldn't believe how few reps I could do - or thought I should be able to do? yikes they are burners!

I did chest and bis today as well.
I'm thinking of taking a 1day break between DAY 1 and DAY 2 since they are both upper body.

So I'll be heading to the gym Wednesday morning.
Later!
-- Loretta

l_knierim Wed, Feb-26-03 19:08

c1w2d2

Well I did my back and tri's today. I did not do the 3 min rest only 15 sec. Today was first full day of TOM and did not feel like working out at all but knew it needed to be done. SO I did it. Here is what I did.

Seated tri Press 28lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps 1sets

2 Arm dumbbell extention 19lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps 1set

Bent over rows 72lbs 6reps 1set 5reps 2sets

deadlifts 72lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps 1set

I do feel, better now That the work out is done. Well day 3 on thur. LEGS Love them.

Till later Lynn

l_knierim Thu, Feb-27-03 19:07

c1w2d3

Today was LEGS day. I love working the legs. Here is what I did.

Squats 56lbs 6reps 3sets 15 sec rest

Leg Ext. 50lbs 6 reps 3sets 3min rest, need to up

Leg Curl 50lbs 6 reps 3sets 3 mins rest, need to up

standing calf raise, 6reps 3sets, body weight , 15 sec rest to feel burn(it worked)

sitting calf raise, 50lbs 6 reps 3sets, need to up.

My legs are shakey, the calfs are hard to go to failure. Will have to try other things to do that. Well Firday is the end of week 2. Till later, Lynn

adnil53 Fri, Feb-28-03 19:12

Ok, end of week two, so will you take a break and start on week three or just go to it right away?

It is funny, you said you love to work your legs... I HATE working my lower body! I really enjoy working my abs and upper body.

Your doing great Lynn... Love ya

l_knierim Fri, Feb-28-03 20:13

Hey there Mom,

Well no day 4 workout tonight. I have the worst headache that I have had in a long time. So I will do it Sat night.

I will go straight into week 3. I can belive that I have made it to week 3 with out missing any work outs. I think Iam hooked. Till later, Lynn

lpioch Sat, Mar-01-03 18:01

Greetings!

Hey Lynn,

You wrote:
Quote:
Your work outs are looking strong. Iam glade that there is someone else in the same week as me. Iam not lifting as heavy as you, I do mine with free weights so I think it is harder to get to the heavier weight. I will get there.

I'm glad there's someone else with me too...before starting I was a little bummed that there were more BFLers than BRXers. But having you along side me helps!

And I cannot imagine doing it with free weights! I feel so not confident with the free weights. At the gym, I (almost) always choose the machine-equivalent because I feel like I don't have to worry about form quite as intensely.

I'm sure you're doing great too! I'm here just for a couple seconds to record my DAY 4 that I finished yesterday morning.

And I agree with Mom...stay away from the scales! :-)
From the research I've seen, it may not be until CYCLE 3 that the scale moves in the direction you want it to go! That's over 12 weeks away!

-- Loretta

l_knierim Sun, Mar-02-03 19:44

c1w2d4 DONE

I finished week 2 today. I am so glad that I made it(I knew I would). Well here is what I did.

Shoulder and Abs

Shoulder press 50lbs 6reps 2 sets 5 reps 1set

Upright Row 50lbs 6reps 2 sets 5reps 1set

full bb front row, 32 lbs 1reps 28lbs 3reps could not do these, will look for alt.

crunches 55,55,55

rev. crunches 25,15,12

I am so relived, this is the most consistant amount of time I have ever worked out.

Lpioch----12 weeks till the scale showes anythingWOW. That will be hard to deal with. I can do it.

Well off to the tub. Till Mon. Lynn

adnil53 Sun, Mar-02-03 20:08

Quote:
I am so relived, this is the most consistant amount of time I have ever worked out.
Your doing GREAT! As Tony the tiger would say ;)

lpioch Mon, Mar-03-03 08:42

Ready for WEEK 3???

Hey Lynn!

Went to the gym this morning for Day 1 of week 3.
I can't believe I actually made it consistantly thus far.
I think it's the 6am thing that has me surprised more than anything else (sorry for misspells...the sun is right on my screen, so I'm not really seeing what I'm typing).

Anyway, I feel great.
Don't think much has moved in the way of scale or measure yet, but I do really feel stronger than ever. And I'm more awake than usual. :-)
But I agree 12 to 18 weeks to wait for change is really tough, but I figure...WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?
At least we'll be looking pretty slick come summertime. :-)

Hope your getting into Week 3 well.
Talk to you soon!
-0- Loretta

lpioch Mon, Mar-03-03 13:58

Preacher Curls...

You wrote:
Quote:
I love the preacher curl. Can you do just 35 instead of 40. I know on my free weights I have 2.5lbs weights so I can go up 5lbs at a time if I need to.

Ugh... Really don't care for them. What I've been doing is using pre-made weights on a rack. They have then in 10 pound increments. But today I noticed how to put individual pounds on another bar set, so I think I'll try that next time. Have to. 30 is too light and 40 is too much.

From today's workout, I really like the Chest PRess and the Incline Press. I really admire that you can do these with free weights! I think I'm too chicken!
:-)

-- Loretta

l_knierim Mon, Mar-03-03 15:54

Loretta.....

Nice to "see" you. I like the avatar. Talk with ya after my work out. Lynn

l_knierim Mon, Mar-03-03 20:18

c1w3d1

Yes Iam on week 3. Iam so so so glade to be here. Here is what I did.

Chest and Bi's

chest press 72lbs 6reps 3sets
incline press 61lbs 6reps 3sets
flys 38.5 6 reps 1set 33 6reps 2sets(had to move it down to heavy)

BB Curls 33lbs 6reps 1set 38lbs 6reps 2sets(had to up to light)
Preacher curls 33lbs 6reps 2sets 5reps 1set, could not do all of them

Well Iam feeling stronger everyday. I also am feeling more confident with my work outs. I think my form is good. Well off to eat more food. Right after my work out I ate 1 can tuna with mayo and a protein shake. got in lots of protein. Well till later, Lynn

adnil53 Tue, Mar-04-03 14:37

Cool Lynnie! Keep it up!

l_knierim Tue, Mar-04-03 20:22

Well

Wednesday will be my day 2 of cycle 1 week 3. I had to find some new tri exercises to do. I did and I printed them out.

Well that is all for now..Lynn

l_knierim Wed, Mar-05-03 20:03

c1w3d2

Back and Tri's

close grip incline bench press started at 45 for 6 reps 1set....had to up it to 56 for 6 reps 2 sets....will up again

bb tri extention 34lbs 6 reps 3 sets.. I think I will leave here for one more week, really really felt them.

bent over row 78lbs 6reps 3 sets...will leave same?

deadlifts 78lbs 6reps 3 sets...will leave same?

not sure if I will up the back or not they where hard, but I did get all 6 reps done.

I did do 4 bench dips, I will add these next week. Well that is all for now. Till later, Lynn