Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   August Challenge? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=200459)

PJnVA Fri, Aug-06-04 04:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJnVA
1. Eat clean 20carbs or less per day the whole month
2. Drink a minimum of 3 L water per day the whole month
3. Excercise evrey other day
4. No soda for the next two weeks after that 12 oz per day only

Thanx for the Challenge.

Good Luck to all challengers

Well I did 50/50 for my first week of the challenge. I did stay at about 15 carbs per day:) and I did get me 3 l of water... but, I did not excercise every other day, OR any day :bash: and I had a soda every day for the last 3 days :nono: I still had a 2.6 loss for the week

Charlaine Fri, Aug-06-04 06:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnseeds
Thanks Charlaine ~

Not sure about the taste. Don't know how to identify it but I don't notice anything weird. I do drink at least 80 oz of water a day. Is that enough to throw off the readings?

I'm no expert but I think so. I have 64oz a day and it sometimes interferes with my readings. But please keep on drinking your water! :D

BTW, down another lb this morning! 158! This feels so much better than my 3-week stall!

Charlaine

caverjen Fri, Aug-06-04 10:21

So far, so good. I'm coming to realize that the diet soda is a HABIT more than a true addiction. I like the taste, like how it makes me feel (in the short term at least), and it's a way that I treat myself. It helps that I haven't worked since Monday. I'm going to tell my coworkers this weekend that I'm trying to get off the diet sodas so they can help support me (or more likely just give me sh*t about it).

I have NEVER turned a ketostick purple, even first thing in the am after consistently eating 20g carbs/day, no sugar alcohols. I drink about a gallon of water a day. I do get that metallic taste in my mouth which is how I know I'm in ketosis.

Jen

Athena123 Fri, Aug-06-04 11:27

I have a confession to make- I cheated sort of but I'm not mad :). I had a slice of low carb cheesecake yesterday, but I still stayed below 20g carbs so I'm not upset with it. It was my Dad's birthday and since he's diabetic we got him low carb goodies. He had a lc cheesecake, atkins ice cream sandwiches and lc entemann's pound cake. The pound cake looked soooo good but at 9g net carbs per slice there was no way I was giving into that. I had the cheesecake for only 3g net carbs. It was actually a pretty healthy cheesecake... made from fat free cream cheese- 110 calories 1g fat 23g carbs- 1g fiber 18g sugar alcohol 3g sugars PLUS it had 100% of daily calcium which I've been lacking lately so I liked that. The brand was Glenny's Slim Carb if anyone's looking. You can buy it as a a single serving- 3 oz for $3.50- or a whole cheesecake probably 6 inches across for $9.99. This will probably be my treat for my birthday next month. Very yum!

edit- I forgot to mention that even with that high amount of sugar alcohols I had no "laxative effect" and usually I'm VERY sensitive to the sugar alcohols.

rumdum Fri, Aug-06-04 13:09

1) no scale all august
2)lose 10lbs.
3)drink more than 2.2 liters of water/day
4)drink no more than 1 cup of diet soda a day.

::RUMDUM furiously flips through previous posts:: I must have missed you: DETROITLAD! Welcome aboard!

Thank goodness for CHAR and SABRINA and CAVERJEN! I don't know ne thing about ketosis so thanks for your inputs!

No worries ATHENA - I cheated today (and yesterday) ::sighs::

Great job and congrats to all those that lost weight so far!

Good luck everyone!
Don't forget to check in every week!
Come back for more encouragements!

sexibod Sat, Aug-07-04 13:14

i c it's already a week into ur challenge but i'd still like to join in.i don weigh but i take measurements.

my goals:
1)drop 5cm around waist
2)45 mins exercise 5x a week
3)2l water a day.

rumdum Sat, Aug-07-04 15:44

1) no scale all august
2)lose 10lbs.
3)drink more than 2.2 liters of water/day
4)drink no more than 1 cup of diet soda a day.

Hello and welcome SEXI!

I cheated AGAIN today! DARN IT! I weighed myself at the gym but I felt that I had to because I've been eating carbs for the past 2 days - and I PROMISE I'll get back on track tomorrow - and I wanted to see how much my weight has changed since I've cheated. I gained four pounds. In two days. ::sighs:: That's the price I pay.

But I went to the gym and I've been drinking lots of water and hardly any diet soda.

Good luck everyone!
Don't forget to check in every week!
Come back for more encouragements!

rachelp Sat, Aug-07-04 17:27

hi all im down 5 lbs. i think its due to exercise . i wasnt very strict. i need to go grocery shopping . anyone try the new tae bo. im going to be getting clonics done next week so i have to fast for 2 days only water and veggie juice . im hoping it will clean out some of the sugars stored up (candia) talk to you all next week

Talla Sun, Aug-08-04 09:46

Hi everyone. I wasn't going to weigh myself for another week,but I had to get on the scale for www.mybodycomp.com. What a great site. Anyway, my weight is going in the right direction which is great since I was gone on holidays for 5 days last week and was not doing very well on my goals for the challenge. I'm hoping to stay more motivated this week. Hope everyone had a great week.

VanCityGrl Sun, Aug-08-04 10:58

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great week. My goals this week were:
1. 20 g carb daily max --- was good all week except yesterday
2. 8+ glasses of water --- done.
3. exercise 3 x week ----- 3 x?? Ha! I didn't get off my *ss once

Despite no activity, the scale is showing me a loss of 7 pounds. This was my first week on induction, so I'm sure at least 4 or 5 pounds is water weight. I also have A LOT to lose, so that's probably another reason it came off so quick.

Thought I'd do a roundup of everyone signed on to our August challenge (we are starting with 27 people - lets see who makes it to the end!). If you are weighing in or measuring each week, you can copy the list and fill in your details. If everyone copies the most recent, we can keep track of each other as well as ourselves. I'll go first:

NAME: WK1/WK2/WK3/WK4
2B-ABLE
Akasha
Athena123
Babe
BadgerGirl
Beebuzz
bewat21
bradshaw
cantwait
Cella
Charlaine
Coverjen
Detroitlad
Iammom
MISSRED197
NinaMarie
Nutsnseeds
Ouzogirl
Pengyou
PjnVA
Rachelp
Rumdum
Sabrinag
Sexibod
Talla
Twistermom
VanCityGrl -7/

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone, if so copy and paste with your name in it on your next post.
Good luck everyone!

Charlaine Sun, Aug-08-04 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCityGrl

2B-ABLE
Akasha
Athena123
Babe
BadgerGirl
Beebuzz
bewat21
bradshaw
cantwait
Cella
Charlaine started at 160 / week 1 158 / week 2 XXX / week 3 XXX /week 4 XXX
Coverjen
Detroitlad
Iammom
MISSRED197
NinaMarie
Nutsnseeds
Ouzogirl
Pengyou
PjnVA
Rachelp
Rumdum
Sabrinag
Sexibod
Talla
Twistermom
VanCityGrl -7/

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone, if so copy and paste with your name in it on your next post. Good luck everyone!

salarmst Sun, Aug-08-04 23:09

Starting late

Well, since I've just found you guys, and I want to stay on my diet, which I have a really hard time doing...I'd like to join your challenge. Maybe it will keep me motivated. I eat out a lot and am out of town a lot so planning ahead is really hard. I just need some basic ideas for quick meals. I want to drink more water, less soda and exercise at least 3 times a week to start. :wave:

babe Mon, Aug-09-04 01:22

goals
1. loose 10 pounds
2. start an exercise program and do it 3 times a week
3. no wine (whimper)

1. did ok with the weight one. after being very slow for a while i went from223 to 218 this week which is pretty much a record for me for a weight lost in a week.
2. the exercise goal, however, not so good. i went for several walks with my roommate and the dog but didnt make it to the water class for do the yoga. this week i work 4 days (well, actually nights not days, 12 hours on 12 hours off) so mostly i'm going to be going to work, coming home and sleeping and going to work again until friday. anything extra is kinda out of the question.
3. no wine - did ok but last night i would have killed for a margarita!

ouzogirl Mon, Aug-09-04 06:42

I did really well this week. I lost my gain :)

I did not cheat at all. I am drinking tons of water, but found it harder to do that during the weekend!

Good luck to you all!

caverjen Mon, Aug-09-04 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanCityGrl

2B-ABLE
Akasha
Athena123
Babe
BadgerGirl
Beebuzz
bewat21
bradshaw
cantwait
Cella
Charlaine
Caverjen
Detroitlad
Iammom
MISSRED197
NinaMarie
Nutsnseeds
Ouzogirl
Pengyou
PjnVA
Rachelp
Rumdum
Sabrinag
Sexibod
Talla
Twistermom
VanCityGrl -7/

Note corrected spelling. I do not have a weight loss goal for this challenge, so I will not be adding the weekly fluctuations in my weight since I consider it irrelevant. I am weighing in the range that I want; it is my body fat I am concerned with, but I don't plan on having that measured again until the end of my workout cycle in September.

In any case, as far as my goals, I did not do well yesterday. I had a horrible day at work, so bad I would have quit if not for the financial ramifications. I went to bed at 10:30 Sat and Sun night (since I was working I count those as weekdays), and yest I didn't drink my green tea but I did have a bottle of diet mtn dew. The good news is that it didn't really taste that good to me. Really it wouldn't bother me to drink diet soda once or twice a week, but that seems to quickly turn into a daily habit.

Jen