Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Starting over Challenge! We can do it! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179455)

drchickon Mon, Apr-26-04 23:29

Ok guys. I made it through my first real day back on track. Salad and meats and such, I was at 12 carbs, which is pretty low for me. Tomorrow I am going to add more veggies to up the carbs a bit and because they are goood for me. I dug out my keto stix from my last go round with this. They tend to be a good visual reinforcer for me and I went to the grocery store and bought some safe Low Carb foods. I am in the middle of MAJOR do it yourself home renovations so quick meals are essential. I found these things, the brand is Jennie-O. They are baked turkey breasts and I got two types. One with ham and swiss and one with cheddar and broccoli. They look to be a pretty decent portion size and have 3 net carbs each, so I hope they are good because that could be perfect for my BUSY days.

As far as FrankenFoods, the bars and shakes and stuff, I can't have them. They completely slow/stall me. I learned it the hard way last summer. They also typically give me the worst sugar cravings.

Oh yeah, and tomorrow night I start at a new gym! The goal is to go MWF before work and T, TH after work for 30 minutes each day. I am excited to have made it through a full day. I guess that take it one day at a time stuff really holds true. I got through one day and now I feel a little stronger to get through the next one.

Oh by the way PetCrazed, your pooch is super cute!!

fantabulus Mon, Apr-26-04 23:57

Hey everyone! Rems...I guess you got the answer to the Frankenfoods lol. I got into running when I went throught the police academy. We would run everydamnplace. I actualy liked doing it. I stoped running when I hurt my knee chasing a bad guy. So thats where my evil wieight started to. UGH lol I will get back to it and get back to work to!
Welcome LowcarbL!
Glad to see that everyone is doing well!

beachjen Mon, Apr-26-04 23:57

Good job dr! Ok so those are frankenfoods. Why are they called that?

remsgirl Tue, Apr-27-04 00:40

well I got through my first day lol. hope tomorrow goes just as well.

Lowcarbl~ great to see you!!
pet~ your dog is just soooo cute
beach~ I know you will make your goal :)

remsgirl Tue, Apr-27-04 09:36

Yippie!!! I lost a 1 1/2 pounds, wow that was quick. How are the rest of you doing?? What is everyone's weight loss goal for the month of May? Mine is 8 pounds (keeping fingers crossed)
talk to you later

petcrazed Tue, Apr-27-04 09:47

Congrats rems!!!
i have given up on goal i man i would like to see 160 by summer at the end of juse but i had goals before and they depressed me when i did not reach them so i am just going slow and steady and i am happy with each pound that comes off.

beachjen Tue, Apr-27-04 13:32

Good for you Pet, I understand. It is so hot, I am sweating away! I wonder if it helps weight loss?

fantabulus Tue, Apr-27-04 14:14

Good morning everyone! Well one more pound gone this am. That is 257 now! I set myself a mini goal of 15lbs a month. Is that to much? For now it is acchiveable as I have lost 17 in the first month of being on and that was with a week long cheat!
I woke up this mornin and just was not hungery at all. I could not bring myself to eat a thing. I finaly managed some Jello. It was the only thing that I could get down. I like that feeling. I just was not hungery. I was not feeling ill...I just didnt want to eat. Cool huh!

remsgirl Tue, Apr-27-04 19:47

Fanta~ wow 17 punds in one month, thats great!! I'm lucky to lose 8 lol.

I had a pretty good day, did good on my carbs but I did have a small bit of mini marchmellows about 10 grams worth. I am still under 20 for the day so that is good. Talk to you all soon

ps
pet~ I totally understand about the goal thing lol

fantabulus Tue, Apr-27-04 23:21

Well I went to my doctors appointment. The doctors scale confirmed that I have lost 12lbs since my last visit... I keep in mind that my scale is different and that I was fully dressed in jeans. So I am going to go with my scale. 18lbs to date! I also had my medication lowered!!! I am well on my way to being totaly off diabetic meds! My doctor was so happy to see the great sugars and said that what ever I was doing was great and to keep it up! WOOHOO!! I am really happy about that!

Hope everyone is having as good a day as I am!

petcrazed Wed, Apr-28-04 17:56

well I had a slip yesterday i thought i had had only 20 grams of carbs but i forgot a snack i had so i was actually at 30 :( oh well even with the 30 grams of carbs i was only at 1000 calories.

the wierd thing is i gained 2 pounds over night! i was at 172 tuesday morning then i woke up today and i am at 174. i hope this is just water and will go away soon.

hope everyone else is doing well. and fanta way to go you are doing great!

beachjen Thu, Apr-29-04 09:22

Hi everyone! I'm glad you're all doing well. Well I don't seem to be losing. I am bouncing around between 142 and 146 and that bothers me. I just looked at my food journal though and I seem to have been eating 200-400 calories a day on LC candy. So there ya go, I am sabatoging my own efforts. It's frustrating but I seriously need to lay off the candy. If I am in this WOE for life I shouldn't get too mad at myself cuz I am going to continue and get better at this. It's just that I wanted to be down to 135 by June 12 and now that is almost 6 weeks away and I don't know if I can lose it that fast, I am not really a fast loser. But maybe. All I can do is try I guess and if I don't make it then at least I will get close.

Goal for today: NO CANDY!

fantabulus Thu, Apr-29-04 13:27

Well I Had my first slip up. Day before yestereday (i was not able to get online) I woke up and the scale said 255 WOOHOO. well I had a Bacardi and diet coke and this morning the scale said 257. So thats the same as It was. Just not gonna do that again. It so was not worth it either.

Jen, Good to see you figured out what might be causing the stall.
Pet, guess you and I had a lil mishap of our own. No worries...back on track right! Chin up and all that rot lol.

I am going to go grocery shopin right now and stock up on my LC foods. Hope to get on later!

cklim Fri, Apr-30-04 00:36

Hey everyone!! I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I've been really busy with school lately ... I have an exam tomorrow and three next week, so I haven't been going online as much. I've been cheat free since we started this almost two weeks ago. I haven't weighed myself in a while b/c I don't have my own scale (I weigh in at the gym). Tomorrow I'm going back to the gym though so I'll let you know if I've made any progress.

Hang in there everyone!!! Just take in one day at a time and try to do your best. Stay away from the lc cadies and processed foods. Sugar alcohols are bad news!!!! Only eat them when you have no alternative or if you really need a sweet fix.

pammmye Fri, Apr-30-04 12:47

Hi,
I am new to this board so I hope I am not butting in. 2 and a half years ago I was maintaining my goal weight of 150. We moved to a small town in northern California. There were a lot of stupid misconceptions on my part. I thought I could eat sugar free low carb desserts every day and maintain. I gained and lost between 20 and now 33 pounds trying to maintain that thinking. After intertaining my mother in law for over 2 weeks I gained back ten of the pounds I took off. She has a problem with loosing weight if she doesn't have cookies and ice cream. I threw in the towel after about 3 days. :bash: I have the awareness that anything I put in my mouth I will have to diet off. This is day 4 of starting over It has been painful and yesterday I ate an intire chicken. I bought and have begun reading the Secret to Low Carb Success. I had an idea that I was esating too much food and am implimenting the suggested changes. My goal is to loose the 33 pounds I have regained by Septemberr 15th 2004 in time to go on vacation. I also want to develop stratigies to use when I am around my dear mother in law. I also think part of my weight gain was because I gave away my car when we moved. I bought another one but it is being repainted. It is a 1969 El Camino. I am now going to pust to get it driveable by September 8th for the local car show. I have felt tied down and dependent on my husband since giving up my car. It has felt good to write this stuff down. I hope we can all be successful and perhaps I can save you the trouble of making some of the
same mistakes I have. :daze: