Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Comments Box and Technical Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Forum upgrade Q&A (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=177862)

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 10:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty
Hi again, sorry tamarian, I meant for this one thread... so I know I've read what was in, ie Atkins, Canada, etc.

Thx

You mean mark a single thread as being read? We don't have such a feature, but you can subscribe to thread to receive notification of new replies.

Wa'il

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 10:09

The buddy list is now added to the UserCP page (what used to be called profile page).

Also, the names are now clickable on the buddy list.

Wa'il

doreen T Sat, Apr-10-04 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana
... just read through the other posts and saw that there is a style choice... will the style I choose come up by default, or will I have to select it each time?

If you select the style from the link at the bottom of the page, it will just be for that session. If you change it in your User control panel > edit options > forum skin (at the bottom) .. then it should become your default.

Doreen

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 11:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
I can't seem to find a place to "Mark this forum read".

(ok I see now why I was writting this reply, someone else asked too :) )

Click on the "Forum Tools" popup menu in that forum, to get to that option.
Quote:
Also missing is at the bottom of the screem a quick link back to the bored from this thread. It used to be placed just above previous thread and next thread.

I didn't notice that, will see if we find a place to stick link in it :)

Quote:
What are the little triangles next to the light bulbs under names?

That's the "Report bad post" icon.

Wa'il

ozgirl Sat, Apr-10-04 12:30

great changes - thank you

wow! the changes are fantastic. pages are loading much faster.

as an administrator of a bbs myself i understand the amount of work you must have put in to the upgrade. as we say in northern rural oz - thanks big mobs!

Paleoanth Sat, Apr-10-04 13:26

I like it! The pages do seem faster and I am sure I will like it even more as I get used to it. Everything seems to be working fine for me.

meagan Sat, Apr-10-04 13:31

Where can I find New Posts and Today's posts? I can't seem to find the regular forums. HELP!

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by meagan
Where can I find New Posts and Today's posts? I can't seem to find the regular forums. HELP!

On the green menu at the top there's a link to "New Posts". Also, by clicking the the "Quick Links" from the menu, you will see a link to "Today's Threads".

Wa'il

red1cutie Sat, Apr-10-04 13:55

Reporting a Post

Hi Wa'il. How do we report a post?

red

red1cutie Sat, Apr-10-04 13:56

Sorry, nevermind Wa'il!

red

SeeMyself Sat, Apr-10-04 14:48

I am doing fine

This is kind of like on Christmas morning you get a new game/toy and you try to play with it before you read the directions. :lol:

I LIKE IT GUYS :agree:

No problem here, you've done a nice job :thup:

But, I must admit, I bet you have your work cut out for you for the next few days helping others ;) ;)

Galadriell Sat, Apr-10-04 15:32

missing editing option

[QUOTE=tamarian]Done :)

The "edit" button now should only appear on posts that are editable. If it still doesn't show in journals, let me know.

Wa'il

I do not see "edit" buttons neither in my journal nor in my gym log... Are not they editable anymore?

Thanks...
Eva

tamarian Sat, Apr-10-04 15:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriell
I do not see "edit" buttons neither in my journal nor in my gym log... Are not they editable anymore?

They should still be editable. I'll check why not :)

Wa'il

Galadriell Sat, Apr-10-04 15:43

I have just posted new entry into my gym log, and the "edit" option appeared on it. It seems that the "edit" disappeared only from the previous entries. (Maybe the new rule that journals, gym logs editable only for 24 hours, as our other entries?)

Thanks.
Eva

mischa Sat, Apr-10-04 16:51

I am missing the last cm on the right...so words are cut off. I am using EI..will this be adjusted soon?