Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   I was publicly teased today because of my size. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172620)

Drake Tue, Mar-16-04 00:14

Don't let the past have a negative impact on your future. Forget about these two ignorant people. Let this experience focus and drive you even more. Let their comments motivate you....not derail you. Losing 60 pounds is a huge accomplishment. You should be very proud. I am proud of you. When you told them off, you should have left with your head held high. I can assure you that not many people have the willpower to lose 60. Move on....leave the crying for when you look in the mirror and be amazed by the size of the new dress or jeans you just slipped on. stay positive!! You are surrounded by friends here. We will do all we can to help you along the way. In turn, your success will be our success. Remember the world is full of clowns and not all of them come with a BIG RED NOSE. :doah:

Frodo2001 Wed, Mar-17-04 10:43

You are a strong women.:clap:

I would have walked out of Walmart and acted like I didn't even hear the comment. I've always been a cry baby, so actually comfronting those girls would have been impossible for me. I'm just glad that you gave them a piece of your mind. (I'm just curious, was it the Walmart in Cleveland heights or Mayfield heights?)

meltinaway Wed, Mar-17-04 13:12

LOL, it was the new Walmart on Mayfield Rd. I see we are neighbors.

TwilightZ Wed, Mar-17-04 19:57

Mona, I really respect you for the way you responded to those little brats. I've actually gotten it more from old people. Seems once they hit a certain age, all subtlety, tact and sensitivity goes out the window and they just say whatever they think. I'm not good with quick responses, but next time I will tell them that they're old and ugly and stuck that way--at least I can lose weight. Don't worry, before long you'll be hearing whistling.

Howard

PS. Cleveland's my second home--I went to Case Western eons ago. No Walmarts back then, though.

sugarpie Fri, Mar-19-04 07:59

I seem to carry the majority of my weight in my stomach. People are always asking me when my baby is due. Some times I have a snappy comment but most times I just walk away and let it ruin my day. Even people who know me and haven't seen me in a long time assume I am pregnant, when I tell them I am not pregnant just fat, I can see the horror in their eyes as they realize the HUGE mistake they just made, but it doesn't erase the hurt and embarrasement that I feel

Several months ago I was at the Doctors office with my husband and the Dr asked when our baby was due. I explained to her there was no baby I had a hysterectomy. She said, "Really? No! Your joking right?" I said , "No joke, ya wanna see my scare?" She came over and put her hands on my stomach and said, "Amazing"

As we left my husband said to me, "You poor thing" The whole thing left me in tears. Needless to say I will die first before I ever go back to that insensitive B**ch

As a thin person my whole life i never was subjected to being made fun of, i can't beleive adults can be so cruel and stupid. Even now I'm not made fun of but the pregnancy comments hurt just the same

You are not alone

Congrats on the weight loss