Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Are Members of the Triple Digits Club Carb Addicts (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165116)

toopoles Sat, Apr-24-04 20:19

I scored a 9. I also am one of the people who would turn the reward meal into a binge meal. So I switched to Atkins and lost, but then switched to Neanderthin as I was having problems craving cheeses etc and decided to try to go more basic. I still have problems with carbs like cheese so I am probably still a serious addict. Marty

Scented1 Sun, Apr-25-04 21:53

I was moderate. :) at a 7

Judynyc Thu, May-06-04 15:24

I am a 9. But I am not surprised as I know I am a carb addict. :D

Now do I get to feel sorry for myself? :p

jillinmo Mon, May-10-04 10:08

Well, it's a 9 for me (prior to lowcarbing). The "eating after the point of being uncomfortable" was the only one I didn't give my yes to. I don't have a problem with eating sweets, never have but could eat an entire bag of potato chips in a sitting.....in fact, that was a daily ritual for me in the evenings. This is the first time I've tried low carbing and I found something I can live with long term. I have lost over 100 pounds two different times in my life but never kept it off as you can obviously see by my stats. My motivation is different this time however and I feel confident this is the last time I will ever do this because for me, this is not a diet. That is what I am learning; if I view this as a diet I will surely fail. This is my new way of life and that is my motivation....to LIVE! Thanks for the thought-provoking post. Good luck to you and I will be watching for more of your posts!

:) jillinmo (Jill)

Cheryl R Sat, May-22-04 23:50

Interesting to see the results... so far it seems the answer to the question is an overwhelming yes.
I scored 9 when I took the test a long time ago. I didn't retake it now since I haven't had sugar in so many months.

Stardust Sun, May-23-04 04:56

Oh, my! I took the test and my before lc personna was defintely serverely addicted. The addiction can raise it's ugly head if I stray very far from lc eating. I had a feeling I was addicted and now I know.

Innamora Thu, May-27-04 13:41

I am most definitely a carb addict, at a 9. I have thought this for a long time, but the doctors didn't believe in carb addiction at that time. Now, the doctors I have do and are working with me.

I am on Atkins (and Induction level carbs, and likely will be until I am close to goal), because the other programs allow me too many carbs. For me it can be likened to allowing an alcoholic 2 drinks a day. I just can't do it.

I know even after I reach my goal, I will still be a carb addict and will always have to carefully monitor what I put in my mouth, else I start the downward spiral again.

jennyjay Tue, Jun-01-04 10:31

I scored a 9---not really a surprise to me as I always knew I had an addiction of some kind. Hopefully this is all in the past now.

Fhyreworks Sun, Jun-06-04 18:31

Haha, my pre LC score is 10 out of 10. What do I win? :p

Debbie