Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   California's Gold (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=15293)

Catgross Wed, Jan-28-04 19:08

Ventura, CA Looking for M.D. who understands LO-CARB

Hi,

I am looking for a Medical Doctor, either M.D. or Gynecologist or both that understands Low-carb eating as a way of life. I also need the doctor who has an understanding in Menopause, and will have other solutions, besides HRT. Through process of elimination, I have found that Soy is not a good product for me personally, becuase it helps to mess up my estrogen levels, creating some of the migrane headaches I have had. Besides just stomach disorders. I am a new person on the adkins diet, and I have lost two dress sizes so far, and I am enjoying eating good foods. Not the Low fat garbage. YUCK! I work out 3 to four times a week, and the local gym, and swimming pool. I am also looking for good tasting bread, with low carbs, without the soy. . . . .

Thanks for the help,
Sincerely,
Catgross

PS. I live in Ventura County, CA - Thats where I need to find a good doctor. . . .

IdahoSpud Mon, Feb-02-04 08:58

Hi!

I live in Bakersfield, by way of Ridgecrest, and San Diego (ex-navy).

Raised in Idaho, but since it was a job-free state, had to leave it for beautiful, sunny, warm economically vibrant California. Bummer, huh? :)

Cheryl R Thu, Feb-05-04 12:46

Only a bummer if you want it to be.

IdahoSpud Fri, Feb-06-04 00:15

Hi Cheryl,

I think you missed the intended irony there. I like my adopted state!

Indigo_ Sun, Feb-08-04 17:28

Hi, I live in beautiful San Luis Obispo county, about midway between LA & SF.

cls923 Sun, Feb-15-04 18:59

I live in Riverside!

Softy Fri, Feb-20-04 13:40

Santa Cruz, Calif here!

Cheryl R Fri, May-21-04 19:36

ANy new Californian's here.

TXAimee Sun, May-23-04 11:32

Live in LA

I'm still sort of a new Californian. I've lived in LA for 18 months, been low carbing for almost that long.

Cheryl R Sun, May-23-04 13:36

Welcome to California and low carbing.

_MommyOf2 Fri, May-28-04 12:41

Northern California Representing! Hello! :o)

Hello my fellow Californians! This is my 3rd day using this website although I've been LC'ing for 9 months now. :) I love this website and am glad I found this section of the site.

I'm a San Francisco native but just moved out to the East Bay (Pittsburg). I love having the warm summers out here, it's different than what I'm used to.

Anyhow, I'm glad to meet you all and I wish everyone the best of luck in their low carb journey.

Maybe we can do a yearly low carb get together?? Just a thought. :cool:

Cheryl R Mon, May-31-04 16:50

Hi Mommy of 2 welcom... if you are serious about low carb, you will love this place to pieces. These forums are my right hand.

Most on this thread are from so cal.. but there are a few of us northerners here. If I was to take hwy 12 to 4 I'm just about 30 miles from you give or take a few.

Cheryl

_MommyOf2 Tue, Jun-01-04 12:18

Hello people! :o)

Hello everyone! Cheryl R - Yes, you are about 30 minutes or less(depending on how fast you drive) away from me. :)

I really enjoy looking at everyone's before/in progress/after pictures, support forums, recipes, etc. This is such a great website!

Just today I started my own journal (julia's journal - the rest of my life) and you're all welcome to read it.

I'm feeling great today.. and I hope you all have a good day!!

Cheryl R Tue, Jun-01-04 23:12

Yeah Mommyof2... you started a journal... I just posted in it.. then I read it.
I had the same experience at Marine world with a ride.. the only difference is I didn't want to go on it in the first place, but I lost a bet and was supposed to ... but darn, I didn't fit.

And about almost getting to 200....I felt that too back when I was in my 20's. Did traditional dieting... and gained more and more. No this last December I hit 291.75.. and what a scare I had then... but things of the past, we found what works and it's down hill from here...

MsTwacky Wed, Jun-02-04 15:53

Hi!!!!!!!!!

I'm from the San Fernando Valley!!!!!!!!

Anyone else???????