Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   group for those wanting to lose 20lbs by jan 1! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=145579)

bubu Mon, Nov-10-03 18:04

HI all

This is MONDAY, Check-in-DAY

Here I thought I was gonna be one of the last....where is everyone ???

ok for M
Monday 11/10/03 first week behind us....

Bubu..........................170/169/Total loss = 1
Mossygyrl...................148/Total Loss = 0 (ick)
Nicolegwen.................121/Total Loss = 0
Optimize.....................161/Total Loss = 0
Heatherelo...................171/Total Loss=0
Fishmonkey..................162/Total Loss=0
TamiOrr........................200/Total loss=0
Rosemam......................145/Total loss=0
Rachelle....................... 140/138 Total Loss= 2

mossygyrl Mon, Nov-10-03 18:10

hey hey hey....
and we're off...
didnt do so hot, i still cant get out of the 147-151 flucuation range. no matter what i cant seem to budge out of there. im going to start up a journal on fit day today.... has anyone else used this and found it to be helpful?

mossy

Monday 11/10/03 first week behind us....

Mossygyrl...................148/149 (I gained one!)

Optimize Mon, Nov-10-03 18:17

Hi--have stayed the same this past week. No loss but no gain.
Hopefully a lb or 2 will drop off this week. Hope everyone has a good week.

sabrina g Mon, Nov-10-03 18:55

I have been really, really sick for the past week. I have lost two pounds but I haven't been eating very much. Hopefully if I work my buns off for the next week, I can keep it off! :)

sabrina g......................126/124/Total loss=2

bubu Mon, Nov-10-03 19:37

yo mossy,
Fitday was really helpful, esp in the beginning. We soon developed a pattern of foods and then it becomes even easier to track the food. Fitday has a fit of sorts when it comes to quantity or labeling but u just have to get creative in figureing things out. Once that is done it tracks all your carbs cal fat etc etc. for you and even tracks your weight loss progress as well as gives u the percentages of everything . It also shows you where u may be lacking in supplements. I love it. If everyone agrees I think that
those who haven't lost anything, should still post their weight so that we know everyone is checking in each week.
Also mossy, I can relate to the fluctuations...it does that to me all the time. Right now I do show 168 but it has only done that for 2 days and I never keep it ther...iit sort of starts going back and forth for a while then finally sets in. Thats just the body holding on to water where it has lost fat or better replaces it. It just isn't comfy letting it go yet.
Happy lc-ing you 'losers'

bubu

petcrazed Mon, Nov-10-03 23:56

hi I am a bit late but can i join?

I doubt i will lose 20 since i am joining late but any thing will be great.i have 47 lbs to lose to get down to my 140. I am 5'10" and i know 140 sounds low but i have very tiny bones i ware a size 4 1/2 to 5 ring. so my frame is very small.

thanks !

ricky47 Tue, Nov-11-03 07:28

hope I'm not too late to join your challenge

I've slipped into the 5# fluxs for the past month and my goal is to be in a backless dress for new year's. I can't seem to bring myself back to induction...Please help. I workout 5 days a week for 40 min + freeweights. Joined a gym to get some weight trainning in (hopefully) 3 days a week to get these last 20 #'s to budge. In other words, I'm trying to find the KEY. If it is induction, so be it. Just need some help.
Also, to get in on this challenge - do I post - reply - or new thread??? I've never been in one of these before.
Personally, I am a self employed signmaker - with a 17 and 7 yr old, going through mentalpause....... and this is the stronghold I want to control. I have to be flexible for customers, kids, husband, club activities, and this is something I want for myself...to be healthy and happy...looking at myself as an accomplishment rather than the result of old age. LOL Fabulous at 50
Goal is 145 or thereabouts, then I'll figure out what to do with all this extra skin. Question to the last message on the board...are you a lady GATOR ? me too.

HeatherElo Tue, Nov-11-03 13:15

Hi everybody--I have been off the net for a while. My father died last week and I have been a mess and now feeling better. I know that he is okay so I am ready to start taking care of myself again--I ate some junkie stuff on thursday--sad and distraught. Yet it is amazing how unsatisfying food is when I go to it for consolation--it is an old habit but not a very effective one. So I am a bit "off" but will weigh myself tomorrow Wed and share. I think I will be in better shape as I stopped my emotion eating almost as soon as it started.

bubu Tue, Nov-11-03 18:50

Hi Heather....

I am sooo sorry for your loss, please accept my prayers for your dad, you and your family.
Its tough to swing back, I know.....so I see your inner strength in fighting to get going again.
Welcome back !!!
I tell ya if I could I would take a pound for you and make you smile. BUT since we know that doesn't work just yet I am rootin for ya.

Ricky.
to list your name
copy the names and stats part of everyone, then go to reply and paste that in the reply box and also enter your name and weight. Thats all there is to it.
As far as weight training, a couple of points..
Weight training if you have never done it before could bring more scale weight but will make u drop those inches. In other words your body may not drop pds but will tighten up considerably . So don't just go by the pounds but also by the inches lost.
Induction can help but it will take time for you to adjust to lifting with just 20 carbs. I did it that way but being used to lifting heavier it was an adjustment to go thru. In other words you will feel weaker, but in my case I still only eat around 25-30 carbs and am doing fine.
Just ask if we can help more.

Bu

bubu Tue, Nov-11-03 18:53

Hi Pet and welcome....

sure you can join..the more the better......Don't worry about how much compared to your size etc.
We all do the same thing....we wanna be where we feel best...not what the charts tell us to be.

Welcome and have fun !!

bubu Tue, Nov-11-03 18:55

Great GOING SARiNA.....2 pds ...just how do u do it hehe.....

......just wanna know the insider secret is all.....

ricky47 Wed, Nov-12-03 07:50

ricky47.........................165/Total Loss=0

Thanxs for hooking me up on this challenge. There has got to be an easy way to get to this thread rather than the front page?

bubu Wed, Nov-12-03 08:20

rickey,
on the left lower part of this page it has an option, "subscribe to this thread', click on that. Then when u go to your profile each day it will pop up when there has been a new reply to the thread.

AFwife Wed, Nov-12-03 08:33

Ok I'm in too. At 275 and want to be down 255 by Christmas. I can exercise 3 times a week.

We can do it. I can do it!

Lily

November5, 2003 starting weight--280
November 12, 2003 current weight-275

HeatherElo Wed, Nov-12-03 09:27

Hi Bu!
Thanks for the support. It has been amazing how people's support has been a highlight out of this tough time.
Heatherelo....................171/170/Total Loss=1 Weighed in today.
I really am being serious with myself and my carb addiction. I am not cheating and am experimenting w/ life without my crutch. My goal is 150. It is just 20 pounds but they represent a life attitude that is not healthy--I always have an excuse and as a tall, big framed person I am not grossly over weight at 170 and at 150 I am quite thin. I want to be firm and toned and at peace w/ food at 150.

So I have lost 1 pound, so it is onward and downward!
Can anyone relate to my denial problem--"Well I don't look THAT bad." Meanwhile accepting a rather blobby state of affairs?