Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Countdown to 140! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143696)

hellraiser Fri, Nov-21-03 08:16

Colleen1: one more pounds today here too. I guess is the bad salt again: salty foods always make me retain water. I guess tomorrow this pond will be off again.

Cheers,
H.

Jackie S Fri, Nov-21-03 09:37

I'd love to join the 140 group. I'm just breaking into the 150's so I don't know if I can get there by Christmas, but I know I will get there eventually. Then 130s and then to 128 my goal weight. I'm kind of new to this forum stuff and I think it's wonderful how everyone supports everyone else. I don't think I'm going to have a tough time over the holidays because I've been doing pretty good since July, so I have a good solid base. And I'm so afraid to cheat because I don't want to open the flood gates. I'm a little concerned about the amount of fat and cheese that I'm eating, my cholesterol has risen since I've been on Atkins, does anyone share that problem?. Also, any advice on what to take for supplements? Any good ideas for sides? I'm living on Cole Slaw!

hellraiser Fri, Nov-21-03 10:41

Jackie S: welcome to our 140 countdown. Hope we can help each other.

Personally I try not to overdue on cheese and keep my fat excesses to olive oil, but that doesn't mean I don't eat butter, mayo, bacon and other bad things a bit everyday. Also I try to eat grilled salmon and tuna more nowadays instead of just meat meat meat several times a day and Ilike the idea.

I take Atkins #3 suplemment as it says in the book that you can't use a multivitamin with iron ( we already intake too much iron because the diet includes too much meat) and I couldn't find one in the market without it.

Cheers,
H.

Jackie S Fri, Nov-21-03 12:21

Hello Hellraiser (Boy, I gotta think of a more interesting name) thanks for your response. I think I'll check out the #3 supplement. I wish I could stand eating fish, I'm working on it. No problems with your cholesterol? The picture of the dog (is it your's) is so cute. I have a peek-poo, he's adorable too.

hellraiser Fri, Nov-21-03 12:57

Jackie S: the photos is my baby, MacGregor.
http://www.mywestie.com

No problems with my cholesterol at all, but I must say I don't overdoo in bad fats, excess cheeso, mayo, butter or bacon. I cook everything with olive oil, moastly stir fried, I only use mayo in tuna salad and I try to keep myself at 2 strips of bacon only a day and no more than 1 egg a day. So I guess there's no way I'm eating too much bad fats... Hubbie is fine with cholesterol too, though he eats a bit more of eggs and bacon.
(Note: we are on our late 30s)

Cheers,
H.

Jackie S Fri, Nov-21-03 14:58

Thanks for sharing, you made my day with the pictures on your dogs's website. What a cutie!!! How creative. Well, I'm hoping my cholesterol will go down eventually. I am going to try to cut down on the # of eggs as well as the amount of red meat. As far as I can tell, the high cholesterol is the only negative thing with this WOL for me. I also intend on starting to get more exercise tomorrow. I'm going to have my daughter help me with my measurements so I can track the results. I don't weigh myself alot because I feel I would get hung up on the numbers, I'm gauging it with the way my clothes fit. I've gone down to a 14 from a tight 18. Yipee. I'm 42 and my cholesterol was elevated even before I started, so it may have nothing to do with Atkins. I'm going to get my blood pressure checked to see if that's gone down. It was a little elevated as well. It may all just be genetic. I hope so, because I never want to stop this WOL. It has been my saviour. Are you nervous about the Holidays?

JennAnnP Sat, Nov-22-03 11:04

Hi Hellraiser!

I loved the pictures of your dog! My father has a scottish terrier named Duffy. He thinks he is a huge dog the way he acts! he is a "tough guy" (or so he thinks!) chases squirrels up trees! Any way just wanted to tell you I liked the website for your dog!!
Jenn

JohnP Sun, Nov-23-03 12:11

Hello Hellraiser,

I just saw the pics of you and a model both displaying your wedding dress (I think it was in Red1cutie's journal).
Just wanted to ask: Why did you blank out the model's face?

Great pics, Johnie

mildwild Sun, Nov-23-03 17:13

hey all, well, I'm on my way down to 125 and of course must make a (hopefully quick) stop over in the 140 region...so I'd love to join your group, I'm guessing that 12-13 lbs in 1 month is kinda ambitous but what the heck...as long as it's below 145 for christmas I'll be happy. count me in your list :)
-mildwild

Jackie S Mon, Nov-24-03 09:58

changing my #s

Could anyone tell me how to change my statistics? I went into help but it did not help me. I need to reflect a loss :wiggle:
Also, has anyone tried the low carb mashed potatoes? I think they're called Ketatoes. I was thinking of having them for thanksgiving but if they tastes as bad as the low carb pasta I'd rather do without. I bought some chocolate flavored whip cream and it is heavenly. :angel:

hellraiser Mon, Nov-24-03 15:25

Jackie S: I'm sure your cholesterol will fall into place soon. I know you take good care of yourself and don't use Atkins as an excuse to indulge in fat so it can only and WILL get better soon! :)

JennAnnP: that white little devil is my baby! Thanks for visiting his homepage. :)

JohnP: Hahaha I wish! Thanks to Atkins I looked nice on my wedding day. :)

mildwild: welcome. Hope we can help each other!

Jackie S: never tryed ketatoes, though I've seen them at the shop... my husband loves the Keto pasta, I really can do without it. Haven't found any amazing low carb foods yet to be honest...

To change your statistics go to PROFILE, then PROFILE again and then just change the numbers on STATISTICS.

Cheers,
H.

Jackie S Tue, Nov-25-03 09:43

hellraiser, Thanks so much for the help, that was easy with your directions. thanks for the encouraging words about my cholesterol level, I believe it will come down as well. I intend on moving towards less fatty foods (more vegetables) in the coming weeks, and my daily workout should also help.

hellraiser Tue, Nov-25-03 15:46

Jackie S: careful with your carb count with more veggies. Add more fish and chicken to your diet, they have no fat or only healthy fats and should help.
:)
Cheers,
H.

Jackie S Wed, Nov-26-03 09:38

Thanks for the advice, I will be careful with the veggies, I will definitely eat the lower carb ones. Unfortunately I do not eat any fish, so that diminishes my choices, and sometimes I feel I eat so much chicken, I'm going to start clucking, but I guess that would be better than mooing. Have a nice holiday, keep up the good work.

hellraiser Sat, Nov-29-03 14:52

How is everybody doing this wekend? I'm still at 145, nu sucess in going down from here.

Today I finally got my icecream machine to work and I made some decaff coffee ice cream, it was great! Heavy cream, a bit of fat milk, splenda, decaff soluble coffee and in the machine it went round and round for 15 minutes. It can't get any simpler than that!
:) :) :)
Yummy!
Cheers,
H.