Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Be 8 pounds less by Oct 31! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=141100)

hairpin Sun, Oct-12-03 00:19

Always late!!!

Yeah, I'm always late to these things aren't I? Here's to loosing 8 lbs. before the end of the month! I've got some extra reason to slim down and get tone because I've got to wear a mermaid costume on the 25th of this month. And my super long wig doesn't cover everything. :lol: If I loose 8 lbs. that means my goal weight will be 126 lb. :D And I think I weighed that much when I was in college.

So yes... I will drink my water, get my excercise in, and stay under 20g of carbs a day.

funnyface Sun, Oct-12-03 06:32

Boy, do I understand about the tribulations of salt! I am one of those who is easily bloated by excess. Yesterday, for some reason, I bought and ate a 3 oz. bag of pork rinds. I don't even like them! Today, I woke up and had gained a pound, but hopefully that will come off quickly since it's water retention. Anyway, I made a vow to never eat them again. I'm going to try to give up pork in general. I LOVE bacon and ham, but they're both way too salty for me, and the low-sodium ones just don't cut it.

Bon voyage, salt!

rosemam Sun, Oct-12-03 13:03

funnface-i know what you mean exactly. BUT i love pork rinds...so i can't give them up. i'll take the water retention as long as i'm still losing fat. the pork rinds keep me on the diet. they tame all craving. good luck giving up pork.

hairpin-welcome. your mermaid costume sounds cool. that should be fun.

doing pretty good lately. keeping the calories around 1500 with fat 70 %. exercising and drinking lots of water. here's to another day.

woolina Mon, Oct-13-03 13:28

hey guys, havent checked in for a few days, did I mention that I am horrible about checking in on weekends....:lol: I always miss entering fitday for weekends too. I did my first week weigh in and I lost 3 pounds for the challenge so far. You guys are such inspiration that I am losing again, see, all we need is a challenge now and then. hehehe

GrammaJoJo Mon, Oct-13-03 17:01

Hi all,
Well I've been part of this thread for one week today, so I stepped on the scale this morning AND 4 POUNDS are gone :yay: I want to thank you all for posting, I get such inspiration from all of you.
I didn't excersise yesterday, but walked three miles today. I have kept my carbs low and fat intake high, have done my water and vitamins, but haven't had time to plug the last couple of days into fitday. Hopefully tomorrow.
Everyone have a great day!
JoAnne

hellraiser Mon, Oct-13-03 17:40

hairpin: mermaid? We want details on that! LOL

funnyface: right. I eat the 33% less salt bacon and it's still TOO salty! Hate salt; makes me bigger :(

wolina: I'm always away on weekends too, so don't worry, we catch up on Mondays. :)

GrammaJoJo: soo happy we are helping you! GREAT. :)

Busy with Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, no exerciose but lots of running around and no cheats of course.

Cheers,
H.

hairpin Mon, Oct-13-03 22:44

Woohoo, JoAnne and Woolina!!! :yay: Way to go! It even seems that you are ahead of schedule. I'll be racing to catch up with you. Hee hee. ;D

I need to get my fat intake up a bit. Does anyone know any good little things to snack on with no carbs (or minimal) and is mostly fat? I think sour cream is a good one, but I need some other things too. Perhaps the beloved pork rinds? Oh and sour cream has got to be one of the most delish things on this plan! I forsake it for so long when I was low fat dieting.

For Halloween my hubby and I are going to a pirate-themed party. My mermaid costume was pretty easy. A mermaid style skirt, and plastic shell bra (this is what I'm worried about most) and a long wig. I'm thinking if I have some time I will head to one of those touristy stores along Fisherman's warf in San Francisco to pick up some extra shells to sew on. And my husband is going to be Cap'n Jack Sparrow. I am just starting to work on this one and hope I have enough time.

Kristine Wed, Oct-15-03 18:16

Hi all! :wave:

I have a cold. :( That's not getting me down, though... I still got a good long walk in today. I had to run around town doing some errands, and then walk to the bingo hall (working, not playing!) Even though it was only in the 50s today, I was really hot. I guess I had a fever. :(

Oh well - between having no appetite and the fact that it's PMS time, I hope I'll be down a couple of pounds by the end of the challenge. :thup:

G'nite all!

GrammaJoJo Wed, Oct-15-03 18:44

Kristine,
I hope that you feel better soon, a cold is so nasty.
It's also not a fun way to lose weight.
Hope everyone else is doing all right, hellraiser are you getting nervous? A couple more weeks! Is your dress fitting going ok? Keep us posted.
I didn't post yesterday, really bad day at work, today is better.
I had 1944 in calories
76% from fat
18 carbs
23 fiber
LOTS of water
vitamins, yes
walked for 40 minutes, did some weight lifting and toning

Hope everyone has a great day
JoAnne

2B-ABLE Wed, Oct-15-03 20:01

Hey, just checkin in..so far all Ive lost is 1lb!!! Im happy since i finally reached a mini goal and all.. but its a little depressing.. but hey.. today I got my first compliment that Im loosing weight... and I didnt have to tell them (not that I tell random people)!!! But yea.. I cant weight myself until the end of this week... wish me luck :-)

But I have been excecising frequently recently so maybe I just building muscle.

woolina Thu, Oct-16-03 07:03

2B good job!!
Our stats look similar! I know I was getting discouraged a little when I felt like my body was changing and no one else noticed. Once I hit that 175 mark, it was like everyone all of a sudden started commenting about me being skinny?!?!?!?
I am not skinny yet, but that outside reinforcement I received came at the perfect time. It will come, I promise. It starts with a person that hasnt seen you in a week or so, then all of a sudden ppl start asking......You can do it!
I was getting depressed when the weight was not coming off fast enough too, but I am learning to be excited about every single pound! I know that once it goes, it is going to stay gone. The scale will bobble around with it for a week or two, but I am stronger than that pound or two that bobbles back and forth. I will beat it! lol And you will too!

hairpin Thu, Oct-16-03 07:30

Hey everybody. :wave: Sounds like you are all doing great and staying on track. I hope you start feeling better soon, Kristine. And yes those public comments on weight loss feel really good. :yay:

I've been pretty good with excercise and staying under 20g of carbs. Yesterday was kind of hard though because I had jury duty. It wasn't so bad, it's just that I hate waiting around in rooms with strangers for undisclosed amounts of time. Anyway, I've lost 2.5 lbs on my way to 8 lbs. So only 5.5 more to go. So I better go excercise now. ;)

hellraiser Fri, Oct-17-03 08:46

How is it going today ladies?

No pounds lost here... still waiting for that time of the month to pass and then I'll be able to check my weight without all the water retention.

Exercising a lot though.

Cheers,
H.

woolina Fri, Oct-17-03 09:07

I did not make my weigh in last night. I forgot that I made plans with my kids. I did do a stealthy weigh in at the grocery store and weight is same as it was before. I will report weigh in results on Monday. I have really been trying to keep up the water intake. Carb counts are good. I am going to have to start bringing up my calorie count. I never in my life thought that I would hear myself say that, especially on a diet!!! I think I am holding steady at my 123, I am hoping, for some reason I am feeling like I either didn't lose this week, or that I may have put on a pound or two. I haven't been this weight in forever and guess I just don't beleive that I will continue the "downward spiral".

rosemam Sat, Oct-18-03 11:51

Hey...everyone seems to be doing great!!! Way to go. I haven't been very good the past two days. I haven't cheated but my carbs are up and so are my cals. So today is a new day and i'm gonna keep them under 20. I'm a little depressed because I feel like i'm not lsing weight like i should. Ugh. I guess whining won't help. I haven't weighed in...but my clothes aren't as loose as i'd like. gonna keep exercising and LCing.