Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   New Month Sept 1st challenge. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134291)

danette65 Fri, Sep-05-03 17:18

Holding on!!!!!!!

Didn't start (make that restart) induction until Wed. the 3rd. I am now back in ketosis and already down 2.5 lbs. I have been getting at least 68 ozs of water each day, but no exercise since the 3rd. I will try to night, if I can get the thoughts out of my mind about working 16 hours on my feet in the morning. Sometimes that mental picture does me in. If any one has any ideas for snacks I would love to hear about them. I can't seem to take the sugar alcohols. I will stall. Not sure about splenda yet. I hope not. It's hard to know about all those good treats out there and not be able to eat them :cry: . Lets hear it for will power :cheer: I hope everyone has a good weekend! Thanks for your support.

danette65 Fri, Sep-05-03 17:26

Cheat free

Question? How can I get the cheat free with the # of days on my posts??

becky160 Fri, Sep-05-03 23:05

you are so lucky

hi!
Well I am writing to all of you , because I wanted to say that you are really lucky. Here in Spain we do not have all the ATKINS, LC indulges!!
so it is really hard when you want a chocolate, cake or ice cream!
Yesterday I was doing great, but then at night we went for dinner at a Friend's house. I could not resist the frech potatoes, the shrip rings, and other food which I do not know how it is called in english...I feel awful, and think that I am out of ketosis, so I need to start over!
Need to get some ketosticks at the farmacy...
I am so glad for all of you who have joined, even a little late. Here you will find the support and motivation you need.
Are we posting our weekly weight on monday?
What do you think if we all do so?

don't know yet how to post my picture...please help!

SEE YA ON MONDAY!

Have a great weekend!

tabno1 Sat, Sep-06-03 01:04

I am in a litlle late it is Sept 5th!

I think I am 175 so 165 here I come!

Tab

Ratchet Sat, Sep-06-03 01:16

Hey Everyone,
The scale was only down two lbs today so that got me a little bummed. The first week is always my biggest weight loss. So I went to the gym and worked out and tried to up the water. 300 situps....I always see inches more than pounds but we are so programmed to look at that damn scale!!I got down to only 2 diet cokes today without having a seizure. Just maybe I'll be able to give that up soon... Stay motivated this weekend!!!

TamiOrr Sat, Sep-06-03 09:52

Rachet,

That's 2 pounds less than you were a week ago....:) And much better than nothing! Keep it up, you'll get there!

barbie333 Sat, Sep-06-03 12:45

Hi Guys -
Didnt have a chance to post yesterday, was busy with one of my many bride friends at a Bridal Show. I have 3 friends getting married this upcoming summer (2004), and this is my main motivation for losing weight. As I am in all of the wedding parties...and if I am going to spend a fortune of three bridesmaids dresses, then I am going to look damn good!!!! :cool:

I did get thru the fudge challenge, thankfully! :yum: And you know what? When it was all said and done, it felt really good to have the determination to turn it away.

Ratchet - 300 situps!!! :hyper: I am impressed...no wonder you see the inches rather than pounds coming off at first, we could all learn a lesson from you!

Tabno1 - welcome! :wave: this is a fabulous challenge that we have all joined, everyone here is so supportive!

Hope everyone is having a sunny weekend! :sunny:

Talk to you all soon!

thenewme Sat, Sep-06-03 15:46

Hi everybody.... today is my fun day..... Saturday is the day I pick to just have fun.... I dont exercise or watch what I eat really. It keeps me off staying on a plateau... but then I start back on Sun-Fri... I am proud of you all of you guys for posting and checking in.... I cant wait till Monday to weigh in cus I can feel my jeans fitting me better. I am trying so hard to stick to this.... also about that fudge barbie was talking about... its true once you pass something up you shouldnt be eating it feels so good....proud of yourself. Hey today we went to arts/craft show I love those... anyways I usually get me a funnel cake... I kept walking around and telling myself how much better my jeans will fit at the end of the month.... I didnt get one even though it was my fun day.... I was so proud of myself so I bought me a bracelet. That felt better than a funnel cake... now that I am at home and miles away from that cake... I am glad I didnt eat one. I cant wait till Monday to see if we all lost. Its almost a week for us... tommorow I run and exercise again... talk to u guys later.

Meghan Sat, Sep-06-03 16:01

Yeah last night before we went to a football game, they all decided we were going to a Pizza place for dinner HOW CRUEL! But anyway while they were eating that pizza I was a good girl and had salad bar! I was so jealous, but new if I cheated it would only be cheating myself!
Well I thought I would share I am really trying to stick with this!

Tracy213 Sat, Sep-06-03 21:38

Kind of a rough day

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.

I didn't have alot of time to eat my meals today because I was playing in a ball tournment for most of the day. I only ended up eating about 10 grams of carbs. Now I'm pretty hungry, but I don't want to give in and eat anything at this time of night (11:30pm).

Tomorrow may be even worse. The tournment continues with our first game at 9:00am. If we continue to win, we could end up playing 4 games...back to back! I'm thinking I better take a cooler bag full of exceptable foods to get me through most of the day.

I've been weighing myself for the past two mornings (even though I told myself I was only going to weigh once a week :nono: ) and it appears that the scale hasn't budged. I hope the whoosh fairy pays me a visit before Tuesday's weigh-in. I'd hate to have a stall this early on in my efforts.

Take care ladies, and see you on weigh-in day.
Tracy

Ratchet Sat, Sep-06-03 21:47

well it seems to be the weekend to be tempted. the girls at work showed up with cookies, chips, salsa and ice cream. I guess i could eat the bag it came in. I did well though. Just stuck to chicken and salad. I'll go for the LC bar later when i need a choc fix. Stay strong everyone!!!

danette65 Sun, Sep-07-03 07:13

long day

I did well yesterday, I worked 16 hours and mananged not to give in to feeling sorry for myself and going on a binge. The only bad thing was the late (10pm) taco salad without beans or shell, and diet coke. But that diet coke was great! The first one in 4 days. I am lucky to be taking off what I gained during a 2 week binge quickly. I think a lot of it was water also. So I hope to hit the 10 lbs early, but it won't mean that much. I will try for extra if I can. I put on 8 lbs during my 2 week binge. I wonder how that is possible to regain so quickly. But I have to quit going all out if I cheat just one time. I can't seem to find the middle ground. If I want that one ice cream treat I have blown it for the day, which turns in to the week and so on. Plus I have to have all those high carb goodies before I jump in again. :bash: This has got to stop!!!! I know what I am doing but I still do it. But not this time. This time we are all going to have a great month and get rid of those 10 lbs. :cheer:
Everyone have a wonderful w/e, and may the willpower be with you!!!

barbie333 Sun, Sep-07-03 09:10

I truly think that this forum is a fabulous idea - normally I would be "an innocent bystander" just simply reading the other generalized forums, kinding of "listening in" on other peoples coversations and maybe adding tidbits here and there. But knowing that I should be on here everyday to post a hello and see what people are thinking, it is so motivating and helpful.

...Yesterday evening I had a horrible night, just cranky and irritable... easy way to tell that my TOM is around the corner. I sat on the porch by myself thinking "a chocolate bar would just make me feel so much better now" but I avoided it...went to bed early, and woke up feeling pretty good. IT IS ALL ABOUT WILLPOWER AND SUPPORT.

So thanks to everyone, if I haven't said that already!
:angel:

wiggles Sun, Sep-07-03 15:56

ooh! are we supposed to do daily check-ins? I'm sorry I haven't!
This week (week 3 of induction) I added nuts and I think I might have gained weight... I'm really mad! I'll know for sure tomorrow on the official day.
So, what do you really think of water? I so don't drink any. Do I need to? For real... And I'm a bum about exercising. Some days I take my baby and 2 dogs for a walk but we don't get a good speed going. You're all really going to help me stay motivated, I know!
THanks!!!!

barbie333 Sun, Sep-07-03 17:04

Wiggles :wiggle: - I wouldnt worry too much about getting a good speed in with the walks, just getting out of the house and motivating yourself to do that is great. It may even turn into something that you truly enjoy, a bit of tranquility away from the house (that is what ended up happening with me).

I do think that the water is key. I make myself drink at least 8-8oz glasses a day, and I may spend half the day in the bathroom :blush: but I convince myself that I am "flushing out the bad stuff inside".

Keep up the good work!

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend! For once I am looking forward to a Monday!!!