Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Newbie, looking for buddies (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=100064)

YankeeInTX Wed, May-14-03 12:08

Happy Birthday hatetocook!

maddie-0 grams could mean that there is less then 1 gram. I would still count 2 tbsp as 1 gram. I tried to message you back the other day but it says your message box is full.

Thalie Wed, May-14-03 13:48

:bday: Happy birthday Hatetocook! :Party: I'm glad the sugar free pudding is fine!! :)

I was also wondering why my heavy cream is 0 carbs? Ah ok, I saw you answer YankeeinTX.

Maddie, Did you go walking with Saski yesterday? As I expected, it took a while at the garage and I couldn't make it :(

It was my husband's birthday yesterday and I cheated and had a little peace of cake. I guess I'm no angel ;) It was good... :yum:

Bye

YankeeInTX Thu, May-15-03 11:19

Whipping cream

Dang! I looked at what I have in the fridge and it is 1 carb per 1 tbsp! Then I looked at the ingredients and there is skim milk in it and it's not even lite cream! Guess I will have to pay more attention to the lables next time.

hatetocook Fri, May-16-03 08:44

Thanks everybody!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!! Didn't do much since DH was out of town & everybody else had work & school. Did take the kids to Fuddruckers so I wouldn't have to cook & went off the low carb a little bit. I refuse to call it cheating because I went in there thinking I would get dessert if something looked good. Went right back to usual yesterday so hopefully won't start craving.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!!

Thalie Sun, May-18-03 19:52

Hello!

How are you all doing? Me, I'm doing good! We had a very busy weekend. Saturday morning, we were invited to a birthday party. But, it was the daughter of good friends who know I'm doing Atkins and they not only had the sandwichs but some cold cuts meat and salads for me. They're nice friends aren't they!! :)

On saturday afternoon, we had a block party. Each resident brought something to eat. I was sure their would be nothing for me to eat so I ate an Atkins bar before I went. To make sure I wouldn't be too hungry and would have to cheat. But I was surprised to see their was some salads beetween all the junk food. It was easier to stick to my diet than I expected!

Today, with this very nice weather, we washed the car and spent a lot of time in the pool.

And now it's the end. Weekends goes by too fast :)

See you! :wave:

LisaNSean Mon, May-19-03 17:13

Hey Buddies

Where to start? LOL

Ok well I have not been able to find the time to follow it this past week, because I was babysitting my 9 month old niece( I think I lost weight just doing that LMAO) and with my cousins in Scotland and trying to run my business, I don't even think I ate last week to be honest....ooopppss :rolleyes: I didn't even make it out to the gym this week.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY HTC!! :bday:

This weekend I was up at the trailer enjoying the beautiful weather we are having on this long weekend. I followed Atkins pretty well only had one fall off the wagon.

So this week I am going to eat right, workout and try to get back to my schedule somewhat. I think I might just go to weighing myself once a week, because that is about how many times I remember to do it now.

Has anybody ever heard of HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE? I am on them because my body retains too much water and I have pitting in my leg( you think it sounds gross you should see it LMAO) Basically the way my Dr. explained it to me is when I drink 3 glasses of water, I release 2 and hold 1 in. Apparently that would mean my kidneys aren't working properly. SO I was wondering if anyone else has had or is having these problems?

Well buddies, I will be here tomorrow for my weigh-in and I hope to lose. Good luck everyone :cheer:

Lis

LisaNSean Tue, May-20-03 18:36

Hey Buddies

Well I am sad to report that I have gone back up in weight I am not sure why but I will have to try and figure it out. I went up to 234 this morning. :mad:

Oh well I guess I better go back on induction.

Good luck with your weightloss buddies! :cheer:

Lisa

Thalie Wed, May-21-03 08:32

Hi!

LisaNSean: Did you figure out why the scale went up? Is it you TOM? It might just be water retention. Good luck!

Maddie: How are you? We didn't hear from you in a while now...

We're leaving for Quebec Friday morning and I'm already feeling like on vacation. I cheated on monday and yesterday. But today, I take everything back in hand!

I'll probably come here tomorrow but I won't be able to come before Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I'm glad my mother has a computer though!

See you!

YankeeInTX Wed, May-21-03 08:59

LisaNSean: are you doing measurements along with weighing yourself?

Thalie: Quebec! I haven't been there in so long! I used to live in Western NY. I have step-sisters in the Toronto area. We used to go up there once a year. I really miss Niagra Falls! Have a good time!

Maddie: Where are you??? I keep trying to send you messages and it says your message box is full.

Is anyone in the Mesquite area? I use a gym over there and was wondering if anyone else goes there. I could use a work out partner to make sure I get to the gym! Or at least excercise every day!

Thalie Wed, May-21-03 09:21

YankeeInTexas: So you are in Mesquite! :) I don't go to the gym. But if you want, we could all go walking next fall (Its too hot for me during the summer and anyway, I'll be away). If Maddie is still interesseted :)

See you!

hatetocook Thu, May-22-03 07:30

Busy, busy, busy

It sounds like everyone is as busy as we are this week!

Lis: sorry to hear of your water problems. It sounds like that would definately affect what your scales are reporting. Also, if the medication the dr. gave you is a diuretic, that would have a negative effect as well. Hopefully, the medication will do its job.

Thalie: hope you have a great vacation! I've always wanted to visit Canada.

We were going to go camping this weekend, but the weather isn't supposed to be too nice (again! :( ) so I think we'll just save the money & go another time.

I finally made it out of the 240's-- was 237 today, so that gives me 20 lbs. lost in 9 weeks & 30 lbs. lost since last fall. Haven't really been eating much of anything lately. I hope it won't shoot back up when I start eating a little more normally.

Thalie Thu, May-22-03 08:06

Congratulations Hatetocook! You got to my goal instead of me :) Unless I lose 2 lbs overnight, I'm not gonna make it for my mini goal.

So, I set a new goal... I don't want to take more than 5 lbs during my 6 weeks vacation.

Have a good day. I have lots of things to do before tomorrow! :wave:

mka Fri, May-23-03 09:08

hello again

lost my password, so was out of contact for a while....lost nothing for a week, then 1/2 pound...I'm trying to convince myself that it is THAT exact half pound that is telling me to keep going! Dragged myself out of bed this morning to walk the dog...enjoyed it...so I've got to remember to do that....keep up the good work everyone....

M

LisaNSean Fri, May-23-03 11:00

Hey Buddies

Hey everyone!

I just thought I would give you a lil update, no weight change which is better then a gain...LOL

The pills that I am on I do believe are a diuretic, to help get rid of some of this excess water, which I must say has made my trips to the bathroom far more frequent :daze:

No I have not started to measure yet, everytime I am a Wal-Mart or Zellers I forget to buy a tape. I am not going to the trailer this weekend so maybe I can remind myself to buy one. My TOM was 2 weeks ago, which brings me to something new I am about to venture into. Sean and I have fertility problems and we are thinking about going back to the clinic to try again... But I am stuck between a rock and a hard place because I don't want to gain anymore weight, but at the same time my biological clock is ticking... :mad: What do you guys think I should do?

Hatetocook: Yeah I think it is having an effect on me... WTG on leaving the 240's behind!!! We are suppose to get rain rain and more rain this weekend.

Thalie: I hope you have an awesome visit up here! (Maybe you should swing through Ontario and pop in to visit me LMAO) Have a safe trip!

MKA: Even half a lbs is a loss and way to go! I know how tough it can be especially when you don't see much improvement. Stay to it and soon the whosh fairy will visit with you!

Well everyone good luck with your weightloss :cheer:

Lisa

Take care everyone

Thalie Thu, May-29-03 07:41

Hello! :wave:

I'm now in Quebec! The trip was nice. We finaly drove at night and it wasn't too bad.

I cheated a lot the first weekend in Virginia (with friends) but now, I'm doing better. Not perfect, but better!

It seems like we lost maddie somewhere. I hope she's doing fine!

See you!