Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   LC Marathon - Galadriell's running log (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=153735)

Galadriell Wed, Feb-11-04 11:47

First marathon training week 3 day 5 (full training program: here )

10 k tempo run on our favorite rolling creek trail. 57:20 (9:14 min/mile pace)
My legs still felt the 9 miles from yesterday, but still we had decent time. Cold, but clear morning - ideal for a sunrise run.

Ordered some new exercise videos: I Want That Body and Total Stretches from Tamilee Webb, one of my favorite instructors, and Quick Fix Total Mix Series .
I do not have any problem with our current non-running workouts, but I like variety:-))

Xplora Thu, Feb-12-04 06:12

Hi
Thanks for the post to my new gym log. I have a question...
Quote:
I started with 175, and simply by changing my exercise from 5x/week (60-90 min intensive) swimming to 3-5x/week 30 min (pathetic) walk/jog I lost 8 lbs without any dieatery change:-))

Do you actually mean to say that you changed your routine, spending less time exercising and it helped you lose weight? That is very interesting!

I hate to run. I do like the eliptical trainer though and am looking forward to using that again. I also would like to do more weight training. A few years back I weighed about 5 pounds more than I do now but my clothes were smaller. Of course, my weight would not budge from there and I ultimately gave up figuring it was too much work to still be fat. Boy, was that a mistake. I have learned so much since then.

Good luck with your running. It must be a passion of yours to be so dedicated. I don't ever see myself running around the block, let alone 10 miles. :lol:

Galadriell Thu, Feb-12-04 12:29

To Xplora

Jill,
yes, last January I changed my exercise routine from longer, more intensive to shorter less intensive, and simply this CHANGE (wihout any dietary changes) shook up my metabolism. 8 lbs loss in the first month, 7 in the second, 5 in the third. The real intersting, that when I increased my running time/speed/distance, my weight loss slowed down. During summer I ran 30 miles every week, but lost only 3-3 lbs/month.
Simply my body had accustomed to the new exercise routine very fast.

If you visit frequently any gym you will see many people (usually young women) doing the same 45-60 min elliptical routine every day - without any noticable changes in their weight/shape.

My recommendation (actually it is not mine, pro trainers say the same thing) : change your exercise routine in every 6-8 weeks, to keep interested, entertained your body:-)))

CC: your gym log

Galadriell Thu, Feb-12-04 12:43

First marathon training week 3 day 6 (full training program: here )

Wonderful clear but very cold day. I lost my gloves at Denver airport, and maybe hard to believe, but I could not find a replacement anywhere in our city. I mean CA summer started on February 1 (last week I was sunbathing in my new bikini), why would anybody needs gloves???
So my hand were freezing. Yes, we have summer during the day, but at sunrise, when we run the temperature is only 42-45F - cold for our pampered bodies.

6k sunrise run - (9:21, 8:55, 8:55 min/mile pace)

UBWO - chest, arms
gym:
preacher curls: 20x20 lbs, 10x30 lbs, 5x40 lbs, 10x30 lbs
reverse curls: 20x20 lbs, 2x10x30 lbs

bench press - wide grip: 20x20 lbs, 10x30 lbs, 5x40 lbs, 5x50 lbs, 10x40 lbs
bench press - regular grip: 20x40 lbs, 10x50 lbs, 5x60 lbs, 3x70 lbs (new!!!) 10x50 lbs

off gym:
Chest:
flyes - 20x12 lbs

Triceps:
warm up: band
dips 3x8
dumbbells:
kickbacks 1-1x10x7 lbs +1-1x10x10
overhead extension 2x10x12 lbs
Forearm:
wirst curl-up 1-1x10x7lbs + 1-1x10x10lbs (new)
wirst curl-down 2-2x10x7lbs

Stretches, Pilates - background movie: Star Wars Episode II.

Galadriell Fri, Feb-13-04 17:09

Well deserved rest day with advanced Pilates

It was a very long exercise period, because of my last weekend trip (hike/run in Colorado) I did not have my off-run day last Friday and this Tuesday.
No run today, but still enjoyed long stretching (background movie: Play It Again, Sam) and a little new adventure: trying a couple of advanced Pilates exercise. Meanwhile I stick to my planned marathon program (full training program: here ), paying close attention to my weight training, but somehow concentrating less to improve my Pilates routine. These new advanced exercises (I use the Body Control Pilates program) are more challenging, giving a new

Galadriell Sat, Feb-14-04 17:03

Scouting

First marathon training week 4 day 1 (full training program: here )

Today we went scouting a 15 mile course for our tomorrows long run. A long (over 2 hours) run had numerous logistical problems. A couple of these:
a/ Changing temperature. To avoid South CA heat, we always start our long runs before sunrise. It means the coldest hour of the day. But after sunrise the temperature rises fast, so the differenc can be 30-35 F between the temparatures of the first and last mile. We need to change clothes - to ridd off sweat shirt, gloves, etc, and to put on our sunglasses.
b/ Nature calls. We have to go if we have to go. Usually somewhere between 90-120 min.
c/ Traffic lights are very disturbing, breaking pace, causing cramp in legs.
d/ Surface should be as soft as possible - no concrete, and as less asphalt as possible.
e/ Drink, fuel placement either on belt or somewhere along the course.

Usually we have our long run on a high school track - solving all the above mentioned problems. (Even giving one more advantage: because of the repeated same laps it is easier to keep constant pace.)
But to run 60+ laps? It is boring.... So today we went out to find an ideal course. We already had a 6 mile trail course along a creek - this time we were looking for a 9 mile attachement. Our original plan was to walk/jog meanwhile discovering, measuring this new course. Oh, but who could resist the temptation? We found a wonderful mixed bike/horse riding trail - means runners are enjoying the packed dirt part of the trail, meanwhile bikers use the asphalt. It seemed perfect. There was even water fountain, garbage cans, and bushes along long miles - in case if nature calls.
Summa summarum, we ran 8 miles from the 9 mile course - enjoying the trail. It was a very stupid thing - we sould have walked most of the time, considering our tomorrows 15 miles, but oh well.....

We feel so energized:-)))

Galadriell Sun, Feb-15-04 13:34

15 miles - we are on the right track:-))

First marathon training week 4 day 2 (full training program: here )

What a wonderful highly energized 15 mile long run we had! It seems our scouting work yesterday was excellent, everything was in place when it needed, we did not have any other logistical problem than the break when DH accidentaly dropped the GPS, and had to wait minutes before it recovered. Restroom (actually restbush) break at mile 11.
Our pace was faster than two weeks ago, when we aimed a 10 min/mile pace, and had a 9:45 min/mile average pace. This time after three 10 min miles, we had a constant 9:20-9:25 pace, finishing with 9 min/mile during the last 3 miles. It is our basic prinicipal: always speeding up at the end. So we always leave the track/course with the feeling: we can do MORE:-) Definitely we need to do more. 26.2 mile still far away. Nevertheless we are fully confident we can do the 18 miles on February 28.

Nutrition: on Cliff bar before run, two Gus at 60 and at 120 minutes - with sips of Gatorade.
(2:28:34; net: 2:18:34/15.15 mile)

Recovery: 60 min walk+Stretch (movie: Love and Death from Woody Allen)

Big surprise: during our walk we went to buy a couple of bars/Gus to a sport store, where we discovered a bench (flat, incline, decline!) for only $65. (We have been hunting for this for a long time, but saw only for $250-300.) Ok, so we bought this one, and very happy:-)))

Galadriell Mon, Feb-16-04 12:01

Braking the 100 lbs barrier:-))))))))

First marathon training week 4 day 3 (full training program: here )

After our 15 miles yesterday we had a complete leg rest day today. But it seems our energy surge continued, we both broke our personal records in the gym. This was the first time I could move 100 lbs on an upper body weight mashine. Considering my age, and that I started to work out in a gym only last October - this 100 lbs worths as much to me as 15 mile run:-)

UBWO (shoulder, upper back):
gym:
lat pull down: 2x10x70 lbs, 2x5x80 lbs, 2x5x90lbs, 2x3x100lb:Party: (inward and outward grips) finishing with 2x5x80 lb
row: 20x50 lbs, 10x60 lbs, 10x70 lbs, 1x5x80 lbs, 10x70 lbs
machine overhead press: 20x30lbs, 10x40 lbs, 5x50 lbs, 5x60 lbs, 10x40 lbs

off gym:
Dumbbells:

Arnold press: 2x10x12 lbs
Front raises: 2x10x10 lbs
Shoulder raisises: 20x15 lbs

Galadriell Tue, Feb-17-04 08:43

First marathon training week 4 day 4 (full training program: here )

No running today either, but had a wonderful lower body workout.

Warm up - cross training: elliptical 15 min ("cross training program")
LBWO:
gym:
leg extension: 2x10x20 lbs (left then right leg)
10x40 lbs
10x50 lbs
2x5x60 lbs
hamstrings curl: 2x10x20 lbs (left then right leg)
10x40 lbs
10x50 lbs

off gym:
60 squats (20 without weight, 20 with 12 lbs, 20 with 15 lbs dumbbells)
50 lunges - I have serious balance problems:-(

ankle strenghtening exercises :
- calf raises (100)
- heel walk (100 steps)
- toes crunch (5x1 min)
- (yoga) tree pose (3x1 min left, 3x1 min right)

Pilates, stretching - background movie: The Rock

Galadriell Wed, Feb-18-04 10:15

First marathon training week 4 day 5 (full training program: here )

I posted it many times, South California is an ideal place for running - 350 running day/year. Hm...Maybe less? Here is our forecast. It means that there is no way to know when it will rain - but according satelite pictures a huge storm is coming. So our exercise plan for the next ten days: running every day when we can... We hope that we can find two 1-2 hour clear windows on Saturday and Sunday for the speed work/hillwork.

Today Feb 18Rain / Thunder, prec:100%
Thu Feb 19Partly Cloudy, prec:10%
Fri Feb 20Cloudy, prec: 20%
Sat Feb 21Showers, prec: 40%
Sun Feb 22Rain, prec: 60%
Mon Feb 23Cloudy, prec: 30%
Tue Feb 24Showers, prec: 50%
Wed Feb 25Showers, prec: 40%
Thu Feb 26Showers, prec: 50%
Fri Feb 27Showers, prec: 40%

Today we had a tempo run before the storm started: 6.6 mile with under 9 min/mile pace along the creek.
The wonderful news: our legs have fully recovered from the Sunday 15 mile run.

WOW! My new exercise videos have just arrived...It seems even if we will have rain during weekend we have so many exercises to do:-)))

Galadriell Thu, Feb-19-04 14:33

First marathon training week 4 day 6 (full training program: here )

Wonderful clear morning - yesterdays rain refreshed the air. 6k tempo run - 9:20, 9:00, 8:30 min/mile pace. Felt something in my right knee during the first mile, but it went aaway very fast. Tomorrow is off run day - there is time to heal for the Saturdays speed work.

Testing new abs exercises from my new videos - I love all:-)
( I Want That Body - abs, and Quick Fix Total Mix Series abs - 60 min combined, I hardly can sit:-)))

Stretches: Total Stretches from Tamilee Webb - it was time to refresh my stretch routine.

Galadriell Fri, Feb-20-04 09:58

Gone with the rain?

First marathon training week 4 day 7 (full training program: here )

It seems our weekend training program will be washed away by rain. So insteadof having today a no run rest day, we had a very energetic 6k tempo run. (Pace: 9:12, 8:40, 8:08!!!! min/mile) This 8:08 new record!!!!!

Testing the UBWO part of my new videos (I Want That Body - arms, Quick Fix Total Mix Series - arms) - nice 60 min program with 10-12 lbs dumbbells.
Total Stretches from Tamilee Webb

Our backup plan for the weekend: running when we can, as much as we can:-))

Galadriell Sat, Feb-21-04 16:31

A Whoosh:-))

First marathon training week 5 day 1 (full training program: here )

We DID have a huge whoosh today. Usually somebody here refers to a whoosh if his/her weights drop considerably after a longer plateau. Because I wieght myself only once a month, I had never had that kind of whoosh, but I experienced exercise related whoosh many times. For me exercise whoosh means a sudden 10%+ improvement in speed, endurance, weight I working with etc.
Today we had a wonderful speed work - mile repeats. (Half mile warmup. 9 miles with a preplanned, constant speed, then hafl mile cool down.) Two weeks ago we had similar exercise - aiming for 9:00 min/mile speed, but had 9 miles with 8:40-8:50 min. This time, based on our last weekend 15 mile result (9:20 min/mile pace for 12 miles, then under 9 min/mile pace during the last three miles), we planned a 8:30-8:40 min/mile pace. It was a very brave goal: we had never before had more than 3 miles with 8:30. But we DID it:-)))
Here are our split times:
8:30, 8:32, 8:29, 8:31, 8:24, 8:29, 8:26, 8:28, 8:29.
Means a definite under 8:30 average for 9 miles:-))))
Nutrition: as always when I had under 120 min run, I started with a glass of water. Had a sip of Gatorade at mile 6.

A couple of days ago I was complaining because of the forecasted rainy days. (This is South Ca after all, the land of 10 monts summer.) It seems Mother Nature loves us: we finished BEFORE the rain came....

Streches: our basic after run routine+Tamilee Webb's 30 min full body stretch.

Galadriell Sun, Feb-22-04 14:03

First marathon training week 5 day 2 (full training program: here )

A well deserved leg rest day. Still feeling our legs after our yesterdays speed work. It is raining, so it is easier to stay inside, the urge to go out and run somehow faded :-)) But we were very energized to have an UBWO - with some new records.

UBWO, chest, biceps
Gym:
preacher curls: 10x30 lbs, 5x40 lbs, 10x30 lbs
reverse curls: 20x20 lbs, 1x10x30 lbs

bench press - wide grip: 10x50 lbs, 5x60 lbs, 3x70 lbs (new!!!), 10x50 lbs
bench press - regular grip: 10x50 lbs, 10x60 lbs, 5x70 lbs, 3x80lbs (new!!!), 1x90 lb (new!!!), 10x60 lbs

off gym:
Chest:
flyes: 10x10 lbs, 10x12 lbs (bench)
concentrate curls: 10x10 lbs, 10x12 lbs, 5x15 lbs (new!!!)

Wrist curl-ups : 2-2x10x7 lbs
Wrist curl-downs: 2-2x10x7 lbs

3x10 push ups with my new stands. (I both them for $9.99) These stands are wonderful! I have very weak wrists (despite of doing diligently wrist strengthening exercises). I always have to stop push ups, dips because of my wrists. But these stands can help a lot.

Stretches - Webb's full body + special leg stretches (movie: Broken Arrow)

Galadriell Mon, Feb-23-04 10:26

First marathon training week 5 day 3 (full training program: here )

6k easy (9:20-9:30 min/mile pace) run - still recovering from the Saturdays 10 miles speed work, and slowly getting ready for next saturdays 18 miles. After strom-before storm quietness:-))) (Literally too. There is a huge storm front over South CA, pouring down every other day....)

Back maintenance programme by Fielding , Quick Fix Abs, plus my favorite Pilates leg stretch routine.

Galadriell Tue, Feb-24-04 09:09

The lost and found warrior: Gilad

First marathon training week 5 day 4 (full training program: here ) - cross training

About ten years ago I remember to see a couple of times a fitness program on tv (Public tv?) - a nice guy with a couple of "perfect body" gals, guys exercising on the Hawaii beach or on a carier. Because around that time my main interest was in swimming, I was not following the program closely, nevertheless I gave an A+ to the guy. Very well organized, disciplined program. Then the program disappeared, and I forgot even the name of the guy.
Last year, when I was looking for new exercise videos - for cross training to my running program, I accidentaly found the guy - Gilad! I was very happy to find him, but he only had videos that time, no dvd-s. Then a couple of weeks ago I saw his dvd-s - arrangend in a comprehensive full body cardio/sculpting program - I ordered it immediately.
This guy is my dream instructor. Do not get me wrong, I realy like instructors as Tamilee Webb, the Quick Fix instructors, and will be forever grateful for Lelsie Sansone to give me the jump start one year ago to my running program. But Gilad's "military" style somehow much more close to me. (Having a Marine son....)
So today Gilad's cardio + lower body sculpting - I have SERIOUS problems with balance.
His cardio is something really new for me: instead of dance steps martial art, kickbox moves - I have never before done similar. I have SERIOUS problem with coordination.

+ ankle strenghtening exercises :
- calf raises (100)
- heel walk (100 steps)
- toes crunch (5x1 min)

+Stretches, Pilates - movie: Dark City

Galadriell Wed, Feb-25-04 10:36

First marathon training week 5 day 5 (full training program: here ) - records day

What an energic morning run! 6.6 mile along the creek, with 8:20 min/mile pace. (27:47, 27:43)

gym:
lat pull down: 2x10x70 lbs, 2x5x80 lbs, 2x3x90lbs, 2x100lb (inward and outward grips) finishing with 2x10x70 lb
row: 10x60 lbs, 10x70 lbs, 1x5x80 lbs, 8x90 lbs, 2x100lbs (new!!!:Party: ), 10x70 lbs
machine overhead press: 10x40 lbs, 5x50 lbs, 3x60 lbs, 10x40 lbs

off gym:
Dumbbells:

Arnold press: 10x10 lbs + 10x12 lbs
Reverse overhead lats: 2x5x10 lbs
Shoulder raisises: 20x15 lbs

Stretches, Pilates

Galadriell Thu, Feb-26-04 10:33

First marathon training week 5 day 6 (full training program: here )

After our records day yesterday, we had an easy day. 6 k easy run at sunrise, a longer than usual long Pilates session. This time no background movie, concentrating to the new (advanced) exercises.
Still feeling light soreness both in my shoulder and in my butts from the yesterdays blust.
Quick Fix abs (part ii+iii)

It seems the rainy period is over, so we will have a clear and dry weekend for our 18-mile long run.

Galadriell Fri, Feb-27-04 09:55

First marathon training week 5 day 7 (full training program: here ) - leg rest day

Tomorrow is our first 18 miles - feeling a little anxious, as always when we are doing something new (faster, longer, etc.) Fortunately Mother Nature seems gracious: the long rainy period is over. It is windy, but the wind only helps to dry up our track.

Upper body workout:
Gilad's Chest and Back, Lynn Robinson's Pilates Manual - intermediate, Gilad's Shoulder and Arms
5, 7, 10, 12 lbs dumbbells.

Galadriell Sat, Feb-28-04 13:15

WE DID IT!!!!!! 18 miles!!!

First marathon training week 6 day 1 (full training program: here )
We did it!!!:Party: Our first 18 miles attempt was real success. Not only we survived without any injury, pain, etc, but we did it with a nice constant pace. There was no sign of fatigue, no slowing down.
(Mile splits: 9:50, 9:41, 9:39, 9:42, 9:49, 9:47, 9:41, 9:42, 9:44, 9:38, 9:41, 9:35, 9:38, 9:42, 9:44, 9:38, 9:39, 9:43)
Nutrition: Cliff bar + cup of water before run, Gu+sips water at 60 and at 120 min.
Something real interesting: it seems we are not only alredy in gycogen sparing mode, but in water sparing mode too. Our bodies used all the water - we did not need any restroom break.

Galadriell Sun, Feb-29-04 21:33

First marathon training week 6 day 2 (full training program: here )

Well reserved leg-rest day - actually much more leg recovery day - we walked a lot. After having our first 18-mile long run yesterday on our favorite high school track, we needed a 18-mile "asphalt/trail" course to give a different type of training to our legs too. Two weeks ago we found a wonderful 15 miles course around the bay, this time we went to scout the other side of the bay - and found a wonderful 18-mile course. Close to the water, immersed, hugged by Mother Nature - leading to an upscale RV park - with huge restroom, shower, water etc. It means that we have every necessity at half way, at 9 miles.

After the long walk (no, we did not walk all the 18 miles, only around 6) we had a nice UBWO (biceps, chest):

Gym:
reverse curls: 20x20 lbs, 1x5x30 lbs

bench press - wide grip: 12x30lbs, 10x40lbs, 10x50 lbs, 5x60 lbs, 3x70 lbs (new!!!), 10x50 lbs
bench press - regular grip: 10x50 lbs, 10x60 lbs, 10x70 lbs, 5x80lbs, 3x90 lb, 10x70 lbs

off gym:
Chest:
concentrate curls: 10x10 lbs, 10x12 lbs, 10x15 lbs

Wrist curl-ups : 2-2x10x10 lbs
Wrist curl-downs: 1-1x10x7 lbs

infiniti Sun, Feb-29-04 22:51

wow look at you go~

That is impressive, quite a workout.

What school district do you teach at? what level? My dad teaches in orange coutny so doe three of my sisters.

I'm starting to run tomorrow. Thank you for all of your posts in my running areas.

You are so lucky your hubby runs with you! I wish mine did but with his feet problems, he might bike with me once in awhile.

So you are doing the san diego rock and roll? when is that? are you doing it with your hubby?

I think i will look on runnersworld for one around august and do a half marathon sometime in there.

keep up the good work, it keeps me motivated! :clap:

Galadriell Mon, Mar-01-04 10:16

First marathon training week 6 day 3 (full training program: here )

6 k easy sunrise run - checking our legs, it seems we are recovering fast from our 18-mile Saturday's run.

Full back maintenance program (60 min), stretches, Pilates - bakcground movie: the Andromeda Strain

We ordered a new fuel belt and bigger (10 oz) flasks, so we have more than enough to drink even during 20+ miles runs.

Galadriell Tue, Mar-02-04 08:54

First marathon training week 6 day 4 (full training program: here )

Gilad's classic cardio - coordination!!!
Gilad's LBWO - balance!!!

+ a couple of exercise with ankle weights
+ ankle strenghtening exercises :
- calf raises (100)
- heel walk (100 steps)
- toes crunch (5x1 min)

Actually it seems to me, that the best ankle strenghtening exercise is running on a rough trail.... (part of our creek course)
Stopped gym leg extension, leg curl - maybe after the race, now too much risk...

Stretches, Pilates - background movie: The Old Man and the Sea - Spencer Tracy

Galadriell Wed, Mar-03-04 10:30

Breaking the 8 min barrier, record day:-))

First marathon training week 6 day 5 (full training program: here )
We are good :Party: ! This morning we had a highly succesful morning tempo run along the creek. Breaking two records. We had two miles with 7:50 min/mile pace, and course record (6.6 mile) 27:15, 26:55 (mile splits: 9:00, 7:50, 7:50, 8:10, 8:10, 8:10).
I have never before could run even 400 yards faster than with 8:10 min/mile pace. So I am fast:-))))

UBWO (back, shoulder):
gym:
lat pull down: 2x10x70 lbs, 2x5x80 lbs, 2x3x90lbs, 3x100lb (inward and outward grips) finishing with 2x10x70 lb
row: 10x60 lbs, 10x70 lbs, 5x80 lbs, 3x90 lbs, finsihing with 10x60 lbs
machine overhead press: 10x40 lbs, 10x50 lbs, 5x60 lbs, 3x70 lbs (new!!!), finishing with 10x50 lbs

off gym:
Dumbbells:

Arnold press: 10x10 lbs + 10x12 lbs + 10x15 lbs (new!!!)
Reverse overhead lats: 10x7 lbs, 10x10 lbs
Shoulder raises: 20x15 lbs, 20x20 lbs (new!!!)

Pilates, stretches (background movie: The Day When the Earth Stood Still - terrible:-( )

Galadriell Thu, Mar-04-04 10:45

First marathon training week 6 day 6 (full training program: here )

6 k easy sunrise run. (It seems we survived yesterdays "record" run - no pain, no cramps, nothing.)
The weather is very friendly, it seems this weekend we can dress down to shorts-t-shirt - much more comfortable.

Pilates intermediate programme with QuickFix Abs 2+3

Stretches - something new: Kathy Smith. (An old dvd, I have just found.)

Galadriell Fri, Mar-05-04 11:49

Blister

First marathon training week 6 day 7 (full training program: here )

9 mile easy sunrise run along the creek. Used my trail shoes - most of the course trail, trail shoes hold better my legs. Unfortunately these trail shoes has a basic problem: laces loosen up very easily. I made a big mistake, I failed to stop after 10-15 minutes, to readjust the laces. Result: blister on my righ leg. During my 14 months runner/walker/hiker career this is the FIRST blister. I have excellent swalking, running, hiking shoses, socks, never had any problem.
Fortunately nothing serious: working at home means that I can be barefoot all day - the best, fastest way to heal blister.

UBWO Gilad's Chest&Back + Shoulder&Arms - 5, 7, 10, 12 lbs dumbbells.

Pilates: something new. Usually I follow a wonderful UK program: Body Control Pilates. The advantage of it over US programs: emphasizing more the original healing, maintenance, general health side of Pilates over the "weight/inch loss".

It does no mean I do not use exercises from other programs. This time I did the Side Kick Series from Winsor's intermediate program. I really enjoyed it.

Galadriell Sat, Mar-06-04 12:08

First marathon training week 7 day 1 (full training program: here )

Speedwork, mile repeats. 800 yards warm up (4:35min actual), 9 miles with 8:30 min/mile pace (planned), 800 yards cool down (5:05min actual).
High school track – excellent for pacing and for the legs.
The goal was to keep this steady pace - the actual pace was faster:
8:22, 8:19, 8:15; 8:17, 8:26, 8:17; 8:07, 8:21 and 8:15. First laps after 3 and 6 mile breaks: 1:58 and 1:59. It was very stupid to do, but felt so energized.

Sunny and hot (especially felt in last 3 miles). Three of the usual faces (Old Walker walkers, Black Musician, Man in black and white), one new good runner.
Reherseal for high school cheerleaders in various dresses: solder uniform, cowboy, cabaret dancer, white butterfly (with small wings).

Pilates, streatches.

Ps: Blister disappeared without opening, draining.

Galadriell Sun, Mar-07-04 18:14

First marathon training week 7 day 2 (full training program: here )

7-mile hill work. 3.4 mile each way, 30:55 and 29:58 minutes. Pace varied widely from 12:10 uphill to 6:30 downhill.

UBWO (biceps, chest)
Gym:
reverse curls: 20x20 lbs, 1x5x30 lbs
bench press - wide grip: 12x30lbs, 10x40lbs, 10x50 lbs, 5x60 lbs, 3x70 lbs, 10x50 lbs
bench press - regular grip: 10x50 lbs, 10x60 lbs, 10x70 lbs, 5x80lbs, 3x90 lb, 10x70 lbs
off gym:
Chest:
concentrate curls: 10x10 lbs, 10x12 lbs, 10x15 lbs
Wrist curl-ups : 2-2x10x10 lbs
Wrist curl-downs: 1-1x10x7 lbs

Galadriell Mon, Mar-08-04 20:42

First marathon training week 7 day 3 (full training program: here )

6 k easy sunrise run. Really easy after the two hard days.
Beautiful, clear, sunny weather. Met Spanish lady, Chinese couple and the running boy with the dog.

Full back maintenance (60 min)
Abs – Quickfix 2-3.