Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Countdown to your Birthday (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=57473)

Jo-Ann 2 Mon, Oct-21-02 05:50

Hi Suze

Or should I say hello to a familiar face, glad you popped in. Hope that your new exercises are going well. A routine time of doing excercise seems to be the best way for me to stick to a new program. I went for my final sailing seminar this weekend. Now I have to start something else quickly or all my muscle will turn to fat and then my metabolism will slow down yet agian and the pounds and inches will change and not for the better. It is not uncommon for me to gain 2 sizes in these months between now and Christmas :eek:. So now is the time, thank heavens for this way of eating. Hopefully this year will be better. Everyone seems to have difficulty at Christmas, for me it's the months leading up to it.
So tell us about your goals for exercise, you say that you are going to modify, this is a fantastic idea, I'm proud of you for this. It is vitally important to set realistic expectations and goals. Too high a bar is impossible to jump over but you can always raise the bar and continue to improve till one day you are beyond where you thought you could ever be. Good luck and set that bar girl.
Your birthday objective is within your reach. It may take sometime for the scale to move, but then who cares what the scale says if you are lossing inches right, and wow are you lossing the inches, congradulations.
Well I've written you a novellete, but I just wanted you to know that I think you are going through a wonderful transformation and that you should realize that everything that you do to make yourself healthier is important to all of us here. You are an important person and I'm so pleased that you have come to jion us.
Take good care Jo-Ann :wave:

suze_c Mon, Oct-21-02 09:18

Thanks Jo-Ann~~

Thx for the welcome~ I wanted to add that I did break down and weigh myself yesterday, and had a loss of 20 lb. from Sept. 20th... I won't gripe about that! :) An average of 5 lb. per week,w/out exercising? No gripe here at all~ :lol: One of the main exercises on the video tape is from Susan Powter's Stop the Insanity program... it is low impact aerobic workout, that can be modified to fit one's current fitness level. Her basic premise is: you gotta eat, you gotta breathe, and you gotta move to lose weight... I did lose weight when I done her program in 1993, lost 40 lb. in 3 months time,from 220# to 180#, but then I got mad at my then hubby,now an ex, and said... I'll show you and went off of the diet... gained back all I had lost, and then some. :( I quit exercising, I had been walking daily, and periodic workouts with weights... I startrd out barely able to walk a mile, and by the end of 2 weeks, was up to 9 miles per day on some days... depending on the time available to me. ANYHOW, all of that to say this... Powter's approach is that as long as you are in movement for 30-35 minutes, it is a workout for you. Now, that may not be enough for some... but it is enough for me to start with. I plan on doing the stretch/tension exerciser every other day,at their recommendation, and gradually increase duration and intensity. Here is a similiar product,so you get an idea of what I am using,except mine only has 1 band... Tension Exerciser And I would like to continue this post, but KaeLyn just woke up and wants mom~ so later on~ Ciao for now~ :wave:

cre8tivgrl Tue, Oct-22-02 12:58

Hi Suze! Good to see you here!!!

lkonzelman: Ouch! My toes!! ;) Just kidding. You aren't offending me by asking about my goals and losses. I tend to lose fairly fast. And... I am still slowly adding carbs back into my diet to find my limit before I'll stop losing. If I eat 30-50 carbs a day, I lose about 2-2 1/2 pounds a week, and still have unexplained whooshes as well at times. I am told this will slow as my weight lowers. But so far it hasn't. :p

Jo-Ann:
. . .. . . . .
. . . ... .. . .. .. . . .. .. .
. .. .. . . . . . . .. . ..
. .. . ... . . ... .. . . . ... .
. . .. . ... .. .. . . . . .
. . .. . . .. . .. ... .
.. .... .. . . .. . .

(whoosh fairy dust... just for you) :)

Jo-Ann 2 Tue, Oct-22-02 14:29

Hi Shelley

A good mind is a terrible thing to waste, and I am so glad that you don't waste yours. What a wonderful sense of humor you have. Thank you so much for sharing it with me.
You are the first person in my life to offer me fairy dust. Thank you.
Jo-Ann

cre8tivgrl Wed, Oct-23-02 11:31

You are absolutely welcome! ;) Pass it on to someone else on this forum if you'd like. We can see how far the whoosh fairy dust will go.

suze_c Wed, Oct-23-02 14:47

Spreading whoosh fairy dust

As ya can see by my latest signature pic-- I am doing my part to spread that *magic dust* :lol:

cre8tivgrl Sat, Oct-26-02 10:57

Yes...Suze... I am a firm believer that you can never have or spread too much fairy dust... especially whoosh fairy dust. ;)

mythreeson Thu, Oct-31-02 19:14

well i wanted to see the 1 in front of my weight befor my birthday.......i have just over a month to battle this 2 pounds keep youe fingers crossed for me

Jo-Ann 2 Fri, Nov-01-02 06:34

My threesons

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Here's your cheering team, go for it girl, you can do it, I know you can. But if the scale is not co-operative,
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Here's a cheering team for 2 inches off your waist, it's your choice.
Jo-Ann :wave:

Cinderella Fri, Nov-01-02 09:06

I can't believe I haven't spotted this board before!!

Info..mom of 4, hates to exercise...lol.
goal...to see 130 by my birthday, which is Feb.28th

hardest part of being "me"...I tend to add on after I lose it :eek: . My personal info says 139.5 but today I sit at 144. Tom is around the corner...probably my problem.

cin :)

mythreeson Wed, Dec-11-02 17:47

well i made it to my mini goal of seeing a 1 as the first number in my weight by my bday......dec i was 35 years old and stepped on the scales that morning at 198................woooohhhoooo.......battled the last 2 pounds for a long time but the whoosh fairy saw fit to take it away for my bday and as u can see i have lost an additional 5 pounds since then...so do get descouraged if the weight lose slows or stalls i was stuck at 202 for three weeks no matter what i did it just wouldnt drop and then it just started again.......hang in and we will all be slim and trim soon..................

kypraia Thu, Dec-12-02 17:17

Hi everyone! I'd like to get on board....my birthday is coming up on February 27 (the day before Cindarella's!).

Right now I weigh 204. My goal is 150, but by my birthday, I want to weigh 190. I have an interim goal, to be 199.5 on Jan 1, but I think the birthday goal is more exciting.

What an awesome birthday gift that would be!!

Best, Kypraia

leespike Sun, Dec-22-02 17:31

CHALLENGE

Hello Ladies:

I too would like to join your birthday challenge. My birthday is July 6, 2003, i would like to be 170lbs by then.

We would fight to stick to our goal with everyone help and motivation.

:)
220/216/170

kypraia Sun, Jan-26-03 15:49

Resurrecting this thread.....

I met my first goal of 199.5, and now I weigh 198. I've revised my birthday goal (Feb 27) to 193 because I really want to get there, I don't want to be disappointed on my birthday.

I just keep thinking how nice it will be to fit into a closet full of size 14's and get out of the 16/18 range.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Kyp.

nedsed Mon, Jan-27-03 10:40

I have to be realistic about my birthday goal, because it's coming up in 3 weeks. :Party: I look at it this way -- no matter what I weigh this year, it's about 55 pounds better than my last birthday! I've been trying really hard to focus on my goal date, which is one year from the day I started. Before then, I have a wedding I'm in, and other stuff, but I'm making no strict goals for those days. I don't want to be disappointed. I'm just looking ahead to that 1-year mark, at the end of September. Up til then, it's all gravy. :D