Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Awesome Chicken Broccoli recipe... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=46765)

tholian8 Tue, Nov-18-03 12:40

I've done Chicken Divan and Turkey Divan, but this looks a lot easier. And easy is GOOD!

Maybe I'll suggest it to Gez for her New Dish next week. (Since it's not Thanksgiving week over here....)

Emily

cincin11 Tue, Nov-18-03 12:41

Next time I will only use 3-4 chicken breasts. and maybe add more veggies. I think it needed more veggies , they were so good.

milmary Tue, Nov-18-03 17:50

Hey Donald-I'm back! I made the recipe again but I used beef patties this time. I followed the recipe just as if I were using chicken but used Walmart's Bubba Burgers from the frozen department. They are 1/3 lb. each.
I just got done eating some and it is delicious! Just as good as the chicken.
Just thought that I would share that with you! Thanks so much for the recipe!

slimpat Wed, Nov-19-03 14:27

I Made this the other day with leftover roasted chicken and leftover cauliflower and brocalli (SP) and I used the can mushrooms with the onions but added green peper and did the sauce the same but added the sourcream. and my daughter and I had it and it was supper. She loved it as it was the first time for her. Again thanks for the recipe

Tedmom Thu, Dec-04-03 08:48

This recipe has become a weekly staple in our household. I planned to make it on Tuesday night, but forgot to buy broccoli at the store. Luckily I had a box of frozen artichoke hearts which I chopped up and added in place of the broccoli. Yum!! Thanks, again Donald for the original recipe and to the other recipe tinkerers out there who have come up with creative and delicious variations!

windy Thu, Dec-04-03 10:48

Sounds heavenly and I will pick what I need to get this made. Can't wait.

Linda

huggs2ewe Thu, Dec-04-03 12:31

I have adapted the sauce to use in mutliple dishes... It is a great substitute for cream of mushroom soup. Just the other day I stir fried veggies with some shrimp and added the cream and mayo. I put mine on top of riced cauliflower and served my family over noodles. they really liked it. the trick I have found is to not over do the mayo as it will seperate.

H&Hmommy Wed, Dec-10-03 12:40

Very Good!! My husband and kids loved it as well. It was just as good the next day reheated.
Kim

SnowymtnRN Mon, Dec-15-03 20:49

WOW i can't wait to try it! I love casserole type dishes, sometimes plain meat with a side veggie gets boring. Thanks again for the recipe!!!

SnowymtnRN Mon, Dec-15-03 20:52

a question tho...i'm going to make this in a few days for my DH and i. So i'm going to half the recipe. Should i half the sauce as well, or leave it be? Just wondering....

cincin11 Tue, Dec-16-03 07:23

Next time I make it I am not going to use as many chicken breasts and use the same amt of sauce. I had too many of them and not enough sauce. The sauce is so good you want a lot of it.

SnowymtnRN Tue, Dec-16-03 11:39

Thanks for the tip! I'll leave the sauce as it is, and just cut back on the chicken.

DWRolfe Tue, Dec-16-03 13:57

I'm having this again tonight!

I made 2 batches on Sunday, one for Sunday night and one for during the week. It's really great leftover and it's a wonderful meal when all you have to do is pop it in the oven!

Lately, I've been using chicken breast tenders for mine and I cut them into smaller pieces. It makes the whole dish a little more like a stew. Yummmmmmmmy!

Donald

driso Wed, Dec-24-03 16:13

i made this the other day and it kicked ass, i repeat kicked ass

Nille Mon, Dec-29-03 12:48

Wow !!!!

I made it yesterday - for fuzzy guests - and everybody loved it ! Just as the DDPQ this is a def keeper and something to be made more than just once in a while !

Thanks Donald :yum:

PS If you don't mind I will post this in the "A new dish eery week challenge" ! With the appropiate link of course !