Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   MissATC Makes the Move (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=41658)

missatc Wed, Jun-05-02 12:28

C1W6D38

UBWO this morning, followed by a peach protein shake, and 3 scrambled eggs w/mushrooms/green onion/ and jalapeno! Yumm, Yumm!

missatc Thu, Jun-06-02 11:57

C1W6D39

20MAS today. Legs feel VERY tired!! Got 8+ hrs last night, and hopefully again tonight. Almost 1/2 way done through my first challenge. I am trying to figure out what to do 7/3-7/10. I will be able to finish 3 more weeks of BFL for a total of 9. Then I will miss two weeks due to vacation. I would like to finish, but I am also interested in looking at the Body Rx. I guess I'll wait until I read the book and then make some decisions.

missatc Fri, Jun-07-02 10:25

C1W6D40

LBWO this am, felt a little weak, but my legs have felt a little weak for a few days now. Hopefully, a few days rest will do the trick!

missatc Tue, Jun-11-02 10:35

C1W7D44

I have been keeping up with my workouts, just not posting everyday. Sat. remain to be the most difficult, as I have to be at work by 0630. If I can get to sleep at a reasonable hour Fr. it's not to bad. It's just tough going to bed on a Fr. night at 9:00 when it is still light out and the neighborhood is wide awake. I got the training guide issue of muscle media and look forward to changing exercises in two weeks!

missatc Mon, Jun-17-02 17:14

C1W8D50

WOW!! Seven weeks done and 5 to go! I have only missed two workouts total, both of them were cardios. The first one, we were out of town with no gym, but we did go for a long hike. The second cardion I missed was this past SA. I goofed setting my alarm and didn't wake up until 0510 (the alarm had been set for 0415). Since I needed to be at work by 0545, and it is a 20 minute drive, I was lucky to just get there on time. Now, you could argue that I could've worked out when I got home. I was simply too tired, and it was way toooo HOT! So, I enjoyed two days off in a row and refuse to feel guilty about it!! :)

I bought the Body Rx book and read through most of it. I am interested in starting it, but I want to do some more thorough reading.

judy130 Tue, Jun-18-02 03:47

Great going, KT. 50 days!! I too am interested in BodyRX and also CKD but still have a long way to go. I'm on week 7 instead of week 8 as I missed a week so don't know whether this will set me back. I may do an extra week at the end. I am still with the same exercises so will be interested in looking at your log to see what changes you make.

Keep it up. Well done!

Judy

missatc Wed, Jun-19-02 18:43

C1W8D51

Well, I finally got to up some weight this morning for my UBWO. The sounds I was making to finish off my biceps are embarassing :blush: I'm just glad no one can hear me except the dog :)

Judy, thanks for stopping by. I like using the number of total days of BFL training, 51 days somehow seems longer than 7+ weeks. :)

Just a few more weeks and challenge 1 will be over. I am SO glad to finally be back into a fitness routine. I feel so much stronger and healthier! I believe my "golden" years will be even more so when they come-still years and years and years and years and- ok, maybe not THAT many years off, but I am not as afraid as I use to be of getting older.

missatc Thu, Jun-20-02 15:50

C1W8D53

I messed up somewhere on my days, but according to my excel worksheets, today is day 53.

20'MAS this am. Thinking a bit too much of myself, I thought I would try running at 7.0 (vs. 6.0) for my "10" As I mentioned in Judy's journal, before my treadmill was completely up to speed, my brain had realized that my feet and legs were NOT keeping up with the demand! I found myself grabbing the hand rails as I desperatley hit the down arrow on the speed control. So, I guess, I will stay at 6.0 and do a gradual workup to 7.0 :)

missatc Mon, Jun-24-02 11:17

C1W9D57

UBWO this am. My muscles felt tired and I really had to push to complete the workout.

I did not do the 20MAS SA. I was so tired and I have to get up early for work on SA. I also knew we were going to be on the water later in the day. Not exactly cardio, but lots of energy expended!!

I have finally come up with a plan for my 1 week absence. I will do my normal workout next Mo. Next Tu. I will do TU and WE workouts. I will pick-up my routine the following TH. , 8 days later. I will just consider it a 1 week setback and go for an extra week so I can complete the challenge. I will then take a week or two off before starting my next challenge or Body Rx.

missatc Tue, Jun-25-02 10:03

C1W9D58

20MAS this am. I am actually running for my "10" at 6.0 My lungs are burning at the end of the minute, but I do tend to recover relatively quickly. I hope to up the the number of minutes I am running, like maybe for my "9"s and "10". I would also like to SLOWLY start increasing the speed for the "10"

tamarian Tue, Jun-25-02 10:45

Way to go KT, two more weeks to go :) How's the tape doing?

BTW, what does ATC stand for? Are you an Air-Traffic Controller by any chance?

Wa'il

missatc Tue, Jun-25-02 16:52

Hi Wa'il, thanks for stopping by. I have really enjoyed doing this fitness challenge! I see a definate difference in how I look and how my clothes fit. Unfortunately, I have misplaced my measurements-a real bummer! :thdown: , especially since the scale is not always on my side :rolleyes: . The "pant-o-meter" is my mainstay for progress. A pair of levis I couldn't get the zipper up 8-9 weeks ago are now fit to wear out of the house-yippee!!

Yes, ATC does stand for Air Traffic Control. I have been at this job for almost 11 years, including training in OKC. I really like it, especially when it is busy, unfortunately our facility is coming to our "down" time. Most of July and all of Aug. are real sleepers. I tend to burn a lot of my vacation time taking a few hours here and there. Hopefully this summer will be a bit different as the powers that be are allowing for time off without pay (something they would NOT do in the past). Thankfully, DH's takehome pay allows for me to to take extra time off, basically making me part-time. :) :) :)

I plan to pop by your journal as soon as time permits, hopefully this evening. Cya later,

tamarian Tue, Jun-25-02 17:18

How cool is that! I work in ATC software, and meet a lot with controllers. Great bunch of people :thup:

Wa'il

missatc Wed, Jun-26-02 20:43

C1W9D59

LBWO this am. Upped some wts in the quads and I really felt the step-ups today. I have a confession to make: I have not been doing any abdominals. :thdown: I could list a few flimsy excuses but what's the point? I've been lazy with my abs and that's all there is to it. Now, here is my commitment to myself: My next challenge will include abdominal work 2-3 times per week!!!

Wa'il-what kind of software do you work on? Are ATC systems pretty much the same throughout the world?

tamarian Wed, Jun-26-02 21:34

Re: C1W9D59

Quote:
Originally posted by missatc
what kind of software do you work on?

These are new generation of automated ATC systems, basically covering everything: en-route, towers, oceanic, multi FIR's, FSS's, automated clearances, conflict predictions and resolution etc. About 10 years worth of software development, and still under testing. If you want to compare it to the STAR system, think of pocket calculators vs. super computers :)

Quote:
Are ATC systems pretty much the same throughout the world?

Not really, ATC systems vary a lot more than procedures do.

Wa'il