Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How do you know you're a hard core low carber? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=38265)

LOWCARBR Thu, Apr-14-05 12:37

oh yeah!! add this one:

-when you are on this forum for hours at work and promise yourself to catch up on your work tomorrow or you're not getting on the forum :lol: :cool:

TilaBC Thu, Apr-14-05 13:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammac-5
I love this thread!!

* When you no longer have to look for panties in the "big girl" section of the store.

* When your husband kisses you with donut-covered lips and you yell, "Warn me first!!"

I like these two the best. I no longer have to buy *anything* in the big girl section. I closed my Lane Bryant credit card. That makes me happy. The second makes me laugh because just last night my husband gave me some SF jello and he put this canned whipped topping stuff on it that is full of sugar and I make him eat it off the top first.

Tina

seesah Thu, Apr-14-05 13:23

You know your a Hardcore LC'er when:

~Even your splenda has been sitting in your cupboard for more than a month!!

~Your favorite dinner is steak & cooked broccoli w/a side of homemade alfredo sauce! :yum:

~Your favorite brkfst is french toast made out of pork rinds & eggs! :thup:

~When everyone wants you to write down what your supposed to eat for the Atkins, so they can give it a try & you end up buying them the DANDR book instead AND you don't mind!

~When you have your boyfriend, who may need to GAIN weight, eats what u eat all the time, not only do they love it, they even feel guilty if they eat carbs. :lol:

VickiP Thu, Apr-14-05 14:35

When carrots become junk food!

sugarbgood Thu, Apr-14-05 16:49

This site is a riot...I love it!!!
Please keep adding!!!! Also keep on keeping on....Hugs and Prayers....Sugarbgood

camaromom Thu, Apr-14-05 20:08

When your husband stops at Sam's club, buys 3 huge roasts (not flowers mind you) and then gets lucky.

When you raid your 13 year old daughters closet for something to wear, because you have a meeting and only have one pair of dress pants that fit and you wore them yesterday.

steveed Thu, Apr-14-05 20:26

1) You have to do dishes constantly from making everything at home.
2) Your friend that you're going out to lunch with grins ear to ear when he realizes the bread basket is all his.
3) You come home at night and smell bacon.
4) You have to take out the trash more often.
5) You go way overboard on the steak but jump from the dinner table anyway.
6) You don't remember the last time you had to have an antacid.
7) You count your nuts.
8) You spaz out when you find out your friend is eating spaghetti sauce that has corn syrup in it.
9) The recycle is filled with your mineral water bottles.
10) You drink ANY residual fat left over from cooking any meat.
11) A friend looks at you in horror as you gulp a big spoonful of mayo out of the fridge.
12) Adding chopped onion to a recipe when you want to splurge.

mammac-5 Fri, Apr-15-05 05:03

Yeah, the bread basket thing. My husband loves the rolls they bring to the table at a local restaurant and he used to have to fight me for them. Now he gets them all to himself!!

Judynyc Fri, Apr-15-05 08:17

Great thread!! :lol:

You know your LC when:

1-When you walk into a friend's kitchen and find a loaf of Wonderbread and are horrified!!

2-The thought of eating a white potato sends fear through me.

3- eating a banana feels like cheating.(but its not as its on my plan ;) )

nomosketti Fri, Apr-15-05 09:40

You know its a way of life in your home when ;

your child asks to bring veggies and dip to the school (insert holiday here) party

when your server comes to take your drink order and your 6 year old orders water with lemon.

PamBee Fri, Apr-15-05 09:45

When you crave salads and spinach quiche!

When you can't get enough cheese!

And the best part, when bread and sugar does not even look appealing anymore :)

PamBee Fri, Apr-15-05 09:46

lets not forget..when a cup of coffee satisfies you when everyone else around you is eating cake and ice cream!

LOWCARBR Fri, Apr-15-05 15:03

-when you'd rather cook you own food at home rather than accept an invitation to go out to eat--better safe than sorry

camaromom Fri, Apr-15-05 15:18

These are all great. I love it.

diemde Fri, Apr-15-05 15:35

...when the pizza delivery man asks for directions.
...when you exercise for an hour because you accidentally ate that crouton in your salad.
...when you spend your computer time looking up low carb recipes instead of reading your email.
...when you leave a buffet and there's food left.
...when your kid in college complains about too much junk food.
...when your socks are too big.
...when you are happy about wrinkles and saggy skin.
...when it's not an Olympic event to tie your shoes.