Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   HelLO! My NAME is InIgo MonTOYa! YOU KILLED MY FATHER! PREPARE TO DIE! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=380303)

kathleen24 Sat, Mar-20-10 22:55

Thanks, OM!

So far, so good. I think it was almost two years ago that I started this thread, and since then I have lost 85 pounds or so. Still could drop 20-30 pounds, but life is so flat amazing at this weight that the need to lose more doesn't even begin to chip away at how happy I am to be here.

I am *so* glad I had the courage or desperation to try it one more time, as I am now living the dream. This is what I wish for you--and for all who tread herein--success on your own terms.

You'd make a wonderful Dread Pirate Roberts.

AnniMin Sun, Mar-21-10 09:41

Its good to come back here and remember the pain I was in when I first read this thread. I'm not losing very fast, but I am in much better control of my eating now and I know for sure that I can do this, and its worth it. I'm worth it. What a huge difference good healthy low carb food makes in how you feel physically and mentally. For me, this is where it all began. Right here. Thanks again, Kathleen. :bhug:

kathleen24 Sun, Mar-21-10 12:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniMin
Its good to come back here and remember the pain I was in when I first read this thread. QUOTE]

Funny as that might sound to an outsider, I think I know exactly what you mean. It's good to remember where we came from, because it helps us see how far we've come AND appreciate that the effort involved is well worth the results. It's encouragement to keep on doing the things that make a difference.

[QUOTE=AnniMin]I'm not losing very fast, but I am in much better control of my eating now and I know for sure that I can do this, and its worth it. I'm worth it. What a huge difference good healthy low carb food makes in how you feel physically and mentally.

Yes! I'm now convinced that it's much more than just the mechanical lightening of the load that makes our lives better; it's the greater ease with which our organs can function when they're not impeded by the fat, and when they are given nutritious, healthful foods that allow them to start cleaning out the years of sludge and abuse. Add on the improved mental health that comes from knowing that we're doing something for ourselves that is right and good--it's just a win-win-win. It's worth what it takes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniMin
For me, this is where it all began. Right here. Thanks again, Kathleen. :bhug:

Thank *you*. One never knows when one's own journey might help another person, and I consider it a privilege to have been able to be of help. Thank you for the bhug, too! :wave:

LizzyMc Tue, Jan-11-11 10:15

This gives me so much hope. I keep reading about that one shot we have when low-carbing and it kinda got me down. I decided I would do this anyway because I feel so much better when not eating all those carbs. It is going to take me a while, but going down is the goal and not giving up is the key. Thanks

AnniMin Wed, Jan-12-11 09:27

Bless you LizzyMc for bumping this thread. Its always good to go back and remember where you came from and when you realized you're worth it. Not giving up is absolutely the key for this WOE. Eating the right food for our bodies makes a huge difference in how we feel and how we live our lives.