Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=267669)

turner Mon, Oct-03-05 16:13

I am trying salmon patties tonight
canned salmon, eggs, onion, fried in coconut oil

and I am trying my version of mashed "potatoes"
cauliflower, chives, cream cheese mashed together.
My daughter has already eaten most of this/.

Talk to ya later

Samantha22 Mon, Oct-03-05 17:31

Hope you all are doing well, my eating was LC and on plan...but not very good choices, i should have eaten more veggies and drank more water...but i was sick and just didn't want to eat anything.....i guess thats better than cheating. BUT...my bf did cook me dinner tonight :)

B-1 egg with cheese
L-1/2c chicken salad
D-Chicken breast topped with sauteed mushrooms and cheese, sauteed greenbeans.
S-Iced coffee with heavy cream, some chicken salad

hramsey76 Mon, Oct-03-05 17:36

Turner~ You've got to tell me if those mashed potatoes are good or not! I've been so afraid to try them.

Kaizan Mon, Oct-03-05 18:06

Is it too late to join? I have a sexy for Spring Challenge set up - but I think it's too far away to draw much interest - my goal is to lose approx. 2 lbs a week until I get to my goal weight - with a built in cushion around Christmas week - lol. Maybe I should just focus on something a little closer??

subblue Mon, Oct-03-05 19:25

Alright. I, Matt Ludwig, currently 5' 10" and weighing 211 will be at least 201 by Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the support. Here I Go!

BBDoll Mon, Oct-03-05 20:40

:wave: Hi There Everyone,
I'd like to join in! This is the 1st challenge that I've joined, but 10 lbs by Thanksgiving sounds doable.

I need to exercise on a more regular basis to pull this off. Also, definitely drink more water (and less diet pop).

My scale said 175.8 yesterday morning (although I think it was a tease) Shall we say 165 by Thanksgiving?

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
BB

NoBREAD Mon, Oct-03-05 21:11

A big welcome to Holly - Kaizan - Matt and BB!
I am now having a hard time keeping up with everyone.

Turner - how was the cauliflower? I have a head of it in my fridge and may try this. Was it good?

Well, people I screwed up! I lost 5 pounds but today was "cookie day" at work. I brought plenty of legal foods but tried just one cookie. Of course I can never have just one of anything. I lost count after the fifth cookie!

15 more minutes of walking for me tomorrow!!

Good Night Everyone!

turner Tue, Oct-04-05 03:22

the cauliflower was great.
What my daughter didn't eat, my husband finished off.

I cooked it until tender and then added lots of fresh chives, 2 oz cream cheese, 1/4 cup ricotta, pepper, salt, 1/4 cup butter.
The next time I try to find a way to eat veggies, I will not ask my hubby to "taste" them. Thank goodness I hid some away for lunch today.

Hey, Holly, Matt, and BB!

Samantha22 Tue, Oct-04-05 06:49

Some new faces :) Great to see you here matt, you came to the right place!
Hope you all are on track today...i'm holding at 216...i guess better than a gain :)

turner Tue, Oct-04-05 09:55

I wrote this in my journal, but I thought that I needed to confess here, also. This could be the reason for the hold up (stall since last Wednesday) and the gain of 1.5 since Sunday.

I went to the Newbie site to the FAQ and found out that I have really been goofing up! Shame on me!
For breakfast I have been enjoying sugar free syrup with my induction french toast. I thought that sugar alcohols were free foods. They are not. I have probably been getting about 40 grams extra a day just in sugar alcohols.
Woe is me!
When I get the chance today, I will look up an alternative to the sugar free syrup that I can use for breakfast. That's right. First I had to give up the nuts and now the sugar alcohol. I'll be in induction forever.

SHNUDI Tue, Oct-04-05 11:13

HOws everyone doing???
I havent weighed in for a while cuz it was my anniversary this past weekend and I ate pizza with my hubby....
total salad and meat since then..I feel bad. BUT it wont stop me...
I just went down a pant size....
yahoooo for me...

Samantha22 Tue, Oct-04-05 19:35

Stressful evening...but overall an okay day i suppose. Craving sweets....i've pinpointed my craving causer: ICED COFFEE...which means...no more of it for me!

B-egg omelet with cheese, bacon
S-1 stalk celery with cream cheese and a little rasperry SF Jelly
L-ham salad with dill relish and mayo
D-smothered chicken, green beans
S-vanilla LC icecream (a big no-no....)

Okay so other than my after dinner snack...my menu was okay. Better day tomorrow Stupid period and stupid iced coffee...lol.

HOpefully the scale isn't too eveil tomorrow..lol..although my official weighin day isn't until friday.

NoBREAD Tue, Oct-04-05 21:38

Hi all.

I am still plodding along. Trying to bounce back from that cookie binge last night.
I don't wanna exercise!

Shnudi? Do I have that right. Good for you for being down a pants size. I will be jumping for joy when I can fit comfortably in a smaller size! Thats gotta make you feel good.

How is everyone else?

BBDoll Wed, Oct-05-05 10:19

Hi Everyone,
Not such a good way to start off. Gained a lb.
I was feeling really crummy yesterday, and today too. Haven't made it out to walk. My body must be subscribing to the notion of " feed a cold" though, because I wore out a path between the couch and the fridge. Even though I ate all "allowed" food it was still too much.

Today I'm going to be better and not let feeling bad be an excuse to binge. I'm going to drink copious amounts of water and lots of chicken-leek soup. And I'm going to try to exercise even if it means only going around the block or doing some stretching.

BB

turner Wed, Oct-05-05 10:44

BB:
It's been kinda blah here, too.
Maybe if you move your couch to the far end of your house, you can count the trips to the fridge as cardio?