Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NEW! Fat burning oil ... DAG oil (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=26364)

reklaw99 Thu, Dec-05-02 20:29

Enova cooking oil

Here is the ADM web site for Enova cooking oil.
This has a good explanation of how it works.

http://www.enovaoil.com

drewrosen Fri, Jun-20-03 05:02

MCT or Enova Oil

Does Anyone know where I can purchase MCT, DAG or Enova oils?

drewrosen Fri, Jun-20-03 05:04

MCT or Enova Oil

Does Anyone know where I can purchase MCT, DAG or Enova oils?

TarHeel Fri, Jun-20-03 05:33

Click on the link in reklaw99's post just above yours and you can see which stores in Chicago and Ga/SC carry it, as well as how to order Enova oil online.

Kay

KEETO Thu, Jul-24-03 08:27

emat,
sorry I haven't been on in so long. I do eat low carb (ie: no pasta,rice,bread, etc.). I eat alot of Okinawan based foods. Sashimi and a varied seaweed salad is a staple. Goya (bitter melon) either stir fried or juiced. And lastly fruits with non-fat cottage cheese in the morning and MASSIVE vegetables (raw or lightly steamed) in the afternoon. I average about one cup of vegies every hour until 7 p.m. Lots of water here for extra hydration (64 ounces + because of humidity). Of course multi-vitamin and magma green with my goya juice. I am still using Econa Oil (witch by the way can be bought in the U.S. now in a few cities and on the web under the name Enova. If you have problems I will still help to send it to you until Feb 2004 and then I will be transfering) I have met my goal (and then some) 132 Lbs. and 13% BF now. The reason for my slight gain in BF is because I broke my foot 3 months ago so cardio has been impossible. I did keep up my strength training though and now I am all healed and back in the game! :angel:

V/R

dogbone1 Sun, Oct-10-04 14:10

Econa Healthy Oil is now being sold in the United States through a join project by the Japanese Import company (Kao) and Archer Daniels Midland.

The US version is called "Enova Oil". I bought some at my local Acme Supermarket yesterday and made l/c fried chicken. It was fantastic-- and NO side effects at all.

More info is available at: www.enovaoil.com

This stuff is not a fake fat like Olean (ie, there will be no anal leakage :barf: ).

Anyway, I don`t do lots of deep frying, but its good to know that when I have acraving for it, there is a better oil to use!!

-DB

Nancy LC Sun, Oct-10-04 14:19

This sounds like another "too good to be true" thing.

dogbone1 Sun, Oct-10-04 14:22

NOT to good to be true! :)

How Enova Works:

Quote:
Originally Posted by [url
www.enovaoil.com]Your[/url] body breaks down the fat in foods into components the intestine can absorb. These components are called fatty acids. Then the intestine rebuilds the fatty acids into fat molecules and combines them into packets that are sent to the bloodstream, to be stored in body tissues. But your body doesn’t treat all fats quite the same, and that’s why Enova oil is so special.

Traditional cooking oils consist mostly of fat molecules called triacylglycerols, or TAGs, with a small amount of diacylglycerols, or DAGs. Enova oil consists mostly of DAGs. TAGs carry three fatty acids on a backbone molecule; DAGs carry two fatty acids in the first and second positions on the backbone (1,2 DAGs) or in the first and third positions (1,3 DAGs). Your body breaks down Enova oil and traditional TAG oils exactly the same way and absorbs the resulting fatty acids into the intestine.

Enova oil consists of 80% DAGs. Seventy percent of these DAGs are the (1,3) form of diacylglycerol. Due to the shape of the (1,3) DAG molecules, enzymes in the intestine can't recombine the pieces of this fat into fat molecules, so less fat is passed into the bloodstream to be stored in the body. Since about 56% of Enova oil is (1,3) DAG fat, that means the majority of the fats in Enova oil aren't stored as fat in the body. Instead, the metabolized pieces of this fat are sent to the liver, where they're oxidized - burned as energy. Conventional vegetable oils cannot claim that.

ItsTheWooo Sun, Oct-10-04 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone1
How Enova Works:

Even if that is true... wouldn't you have to eat it in isolation of other foods/fats to get the benefit, since those other foods might be supplying the missing "pieces"?

dogbone1 Mon, Oct-11-04 10:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheWooo
Even if that is true... wouldn't you have to eat it in isolation of other foods/fats to get the benefit, since those other foods might be supplying the missing "pieces"?

Good point....I`m just theorizing here, but if other foods provide the "missing links" for the Enova, wouldn't those foods then be deprived of their full molecular composites? If there is an overall deprivation of this "link", unless you ate something that had an excess of whatever it is, you would still have the insufficient quantity regardless of which food product it is missing from, right?

Dunno if that makes sense, or if it has any basis.

In any case, the studies and stuff about Enova are all available on the link in their website. www.enovaoil.com.

Woo, I see that you are pretty good with figuring this stuff out (I read your very helpful and intelligent discussion of Dreamfields technology), so if you can make sense of this oil, and figure out whether it`s for real or not, I would definitely want to see what you think!

-db

Nancy LC Mon, Oct-11-04 10:22

Well, even though I'm extremely skeptical, I'm still a sucker. I ordered 4 bottles from the Enova site. *sigh*

dogbone1 Mon, Oct-11-04 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
Well, even though I'm extremely skeptical, I'm still a sucker. I ordered 4 bottles from the Enova site. *sigh*

Worse comes to worse, you wont have any side effects, and you can just use it like regular oil....besides, there aren`t any carbs in it. :lol: :wave:

Built Mon, Oct-11-04 10:57

I believe you cannot deep-fry with it though - I understand that you can't let it get higher than 300 F.

Chipperoo Mon, Oct-11-04 13:22

Well, I've been lucky. I've been getting a steady supply of this Enova DAG oil from a local discount food store for much cheaper than in the supermarket.

Also, it states on the bottle "recommended frying temp. is 375, avoid overheating oil above 420".

I just use it in shakes mostly, when I need added fat. Or off the spoon, it's about tasteless. I LIKE the taste of ex-virgin olive oil in salad and this DAG oil is still too expensive to me to fry with, although I don't personally eat hardly any fried food, I saute with the olive oil mostly also.

dogbone1 Mon, Oct-11-04 13:24

I deep fried chicken in it earlier this week. Worked for me-- no weird burns, scents, tastes or other recognizable issues.

-db