Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Christmas Challenge 2005 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=254109)

goldfish Thu, Jun-30-05 15:03

Hi everyone,
It's Friday morning here hooray!!! Last night was DH's birthday, so had a beer and some cookies and some......the list is long nevermind.....
I'm back on track this morning!! I'm leaving for Canada in exactly 13 days to visit family and I WILL lost 2kg(4.4lbs) in the next 13 days. Here I go............

Aussie_Gal Fri, Jul-01-05 05:16

Im so glad to see everyones great progress in the challenge! and a huge welcome to all the newcomers :wave: Im glad to note that i am DOWN 1.5kg since Christmas Challenge was started up yay! :D Keep on it girlies! (and this goes for the men of the group too, we know you want to join! Dont Deny it!) :lol:

goldfish Sat, Jul-02-05 07:21

I weighed in at 71kg(same) today. So fortunately no damage with my wee binge.
Tomorrow I start my 11 day countdown to my holiday!!
Happy week-end everyone.

Ruby180 Sat, Jul-02-05 15:29

Back in Town

Hello everybody -- I am back in London after a conference away. I did great on my eating plan yesterday and all through today until the last session was over and they served coffee and biscuits, and there was nothing else to eat and I was STARVING, and ended up eating 9 biscuits!! yikes. Then I ate a sandwich on the way home on the train (disgusting it was), and just now had an ice-cream out of despair.... but I haven't weighed myself and am going to wait until Thursday to weigh again, to give me time to get back into my Christmas Groove.
I am also having a bit of love trouble... I was out of the love game for so many years (I met my David when I was 37 and he left when I was 52) that I can't tell what appropriate behaviour -- are the rules still the same as they used to be? DO men have to do all the work still? Should I just forget about it until I am svelte again?
Your London Correspondent, fat and female, Ruby. :wave:

goldfish Tue, Jul-05-05 15:20

Good morning,
How's everyone doing? I have one week til I go to Canada. I'm so excited I can't stand it!! I'll meet my nephew for the first time, he's 4 months old. Can't wait!!!

I have PMS so I refuse to weigh myself until that passes!! My goal is to be 69kg(152lbs) by the day I leave. I also have a goal to lose 2kg on my trip!!! There are a few treats I want to have when I go home, but I WILL NOT go crazy!! It's hard being around family though, but there are usually loads of LC options ... along with all the high carb ones... my new mantra....no thank you.....NO THANK YOU
Hope everyone is doing well.

muffles Tue, Jul-05-05 15:27

Hey, how is everyone going???
I haven't weighed myself, but I feel slimmer!

fontayn! Tue, Jul-05-05 15:48

hi everyone. :) the christmas goal is motivating, but right now i'm trying to reach a mini goal for the beginning of school (end of August). not sure what "number" to reach for, but i've decided to pick a few outfits that i was able to wear last year at that time and set the goal to be fitting in to them at the very least. also, doing something tonite that i told myself i wouldnt do in these early stages of induction: going to the movies. i used to go to the movies and never get treats (in college) but over the past couple years, i started getting popcorn. it might be because the people that i am friends with out here in law school always get treats but i'm not blaming, i'm just noting that it's a lot easier to stand in line for treats at the movies with a bunch of people than by yourself. hee hee. anyway, thought i would avoid this social activity until i was really used to this eating plan, but the opportunity came up and . . . wanted to go. i'm eating my main meal right before the movie, though, and hopefully willpower will do the rest. hope everyone is having a good week. :)

KimNWI Tue, Jul-05-05 16:54

Hi there I am gonna join this challenge too :) I would like to be 200 by Christmas...hmmm we shall see, if I get close I would still be happy :P

KimNWI

Yaberhoo Tue, Jul-05-05 17:13

So how did everyone do over the holiday weekend? I went camping and was surrounded by s'mores, all sorts of breads, pasta salads, and lots of other yummies. Proud to say that I passed it all up - except for three marshmellows. :blush: However, I was really good the rest of the weekend so I didn't gain any weight.

Ruby180 Wed, Jul-06-05 01:23

4th of July without the holiday

because I live in London I missed the 4th barbeques, etc., but I still had a bad binge one day and ate lots and lots of bread -- why? pure anxiety I think...and also went swimming and did a 1/2 mile but was so astounded by my fat body in the suit that I went into a negative thing....so I ate back all the good work I had done by swimming.
But HEY -- I am back in the lc swim now, and feeling that today is going to be a good day for it -- its raining and damp here, which means that some protein will be just the thing!

Glad to see so many challengees on the thread

have a good day, everybody!
Ruby :thup:

Naledi Wed, Jul-06-05 09:47

Nice to see everybody doing great. :wave: Well last weekend was not good for me as I had lot of cheats under my belt. But back on track now. Since last two days had cheat free eating. And I hope do the same ahead. But weekends are the times when I mess up the things. I am not losing much also. Getting frustrated as to how will things be before me. :help: But just hanging in there. I hope with all your support I will get to my goal soon.

Have a great cheatfree day to all!! :thup:

tardon Thu, Jul-07-05 04:17

Dear Ruby180 on the news right now they are reporting a bomb explosion in the London Underground. Its terrible..I hope you and yours are all okay.
Just know our thoughts are with you all.
Tarnya

Yaberhoo Thu, Jul-07-05 11:41

(((((((Ruby))))))))

Ruby180 Fri, Jul-08-05 03:12

Thanks for the message! Yes, I didn't go on the tube yesterday, amazingly, since King's Cross is my station in the mornings, usually around 8.40 am!!! But it has been a horrible 24 hours, and though all my friends are okay, I am still worried about a few people unaccounted for.... I am glad to say that I didn't binge on the fear with food. Ruby

Yaberhoo Sat, Jul-09-05 03:26

317.8! I'm down 4.2 pounds since joining the challenge! Woohoo!