Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Thyroid Disease (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   normal tsh? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=207677)

Natrushka Wed, Nov-03-04 12:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by doloresrod
even though I wasn't depressed she wanted to put me on an anti-depressant. Then off to my PCP, he wanted to do the same.
Isn't it amazing how they have no problem pushing the ADs on you but are so unwilling to give you a little thyroid pill because... well, you might not really need it. :rolleyes:

doloresrod Wed, Nov-03-04 12:46

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Isn't it amazing how they have no problem pushing the ADs on you but are so unwilling to give you a little thyroid pill because... well, you might not really need it. :rolleyes:

TRUE! TRUE!! Yes, it is amazing. If I were depressed then yes, give me the stuff. But what's depressing is these doctors that don't listen. I'm tired, then you something must be going on that you're depressed. Yeah! Right! It's like, look at the numbers, mine were borderline low but now that I'm on the medication the numbers have risen. My husband still sees the PCP that I use to and I wish he would tell him, "hey my wife is not sooo tired now that she is on the armour", what he should have put me on. Anyway, off my soapbox, it just angers me that these doctors don't listen.
Thanks Nat, You are such a great support.

Dolores

Natrushka Thu, Nov-04-04 17:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by doloresrod
Anyway, off my soapbox, it just angers me that these doctors don't listen.

Dolores, stay on that soapbox and don't you get off! We need all the soapboxers we can get :)

Would you believe that I know of a woman on another site who had to go through 39 doctors before she found one who would listen to her? It really is a sad and frustrating thing to deal with.

Nat

doloresrod Thu, Nov-04-04 17:32

doctors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natrushka
Dolores, stay on that soapbox and don't you get off! We need all the soapboxers we can get :)

Would you believe that I know of a woman on another site who had to go through 39 doctors before she found one who would listen to her? It really is a sad and frustrating thing to deal with.

Nat

Oh My Gosh!!! 39 doctors, Incredible. That would have been definitely hard to deal with. That's depressing.

Dolores

doloresrod Thu, Nov-04-04 18:57

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamv
Doloresrod Hi I can't believe this I still haven't lost anything. My hair hasn't grown and it's been over a month on the armour I don't know what to do I think I'm destine to be fat the rest of my life. I've been working out and nothing is working! I'm so lost That's all from my end, you seem to be doing good! I wish I could get down as low as you. Well talk to you later Thanks Jamv :help:

Hi Jamv, I hope all is well. I have had a frustrating week with not be able to walk because it has been to cold for my little one. Plus, she has been sick with a cold and I don't want to make it worse. I'm hoping to purchase a treadmill soon. I know it's going to be hard for me to get back into my walking it always is when I quit for a little while. Anyway, I hope you are doing okay, I know you stay busy.

Dolores :wave:

doloresrod Thu, Nov-18-04 17:20

Hi Jamv

Hi Jamv,

Just checking in on you. I hope all is well.

I haven't been doing great, especially with my walking, it's been at a halt. If it's not raining here then it's too cold for my baby girl. My eating hasn't been great either, I guess without the exercise then I haven't been motivated enough to eat right. It's weird how that happens.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Dolores :wave: :wave:

OhioPhyl Thu, Nov-18-04 23:09

What is "normal" TSH?

First time I've tried to post. Hope this goes through as I have many questions. So if this works, good! Thanks.

Natrushka Fri, Nov-19-04 08:04

Phyl, why don't you star a new thread with your questions so we don't lose your post in this long thread?

OhioPhyl Fri, Nov-19-04 20:46

I guess I'm not clear on just how to function on this site. How do I set up my own thread?

Natrushka Sat, Nov-20-04 07:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioPhyl
I guess I'm not clear on just how to function on this site. How do I set up my own thread?

It can be a little daunting at first, Phyllis :) Go to the main thyroid forum (here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76) and click on the "New Thread" button (upper left corner above the first thread on the board) and start a new thread with your title.

HTH
Nat