Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Starting over Challenge! We can do it! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=179455)

beachjen Sun, Apr-25-04 22:15

Great job Cklim! You aren't far from your goal! I had 17 carbs today but I had 2000 calories again. I guess I will see tomorrow if the calories matter for me or if it is only the carbs. Good luck tomorrow everyone!

fantabulus Mon, Apr-26-04 11:17

Way to go CK! woohoo!
I have a question about that evil scale (corse I really like the thing about now lol). Should I weigh myself only once a week? I weigh myself only each day at the same time. I have noticed that I am consistant in the fact that I am losing 1-2lbs per day. Is that ok? I guess Im worried cause for eons doctors have said 2 lbs a WEEK is the healthy way to go. Corse they also said that eating big ol servings of rice was good for me to.
Ohh and small victorys here I am now in the 250's! woopiieeeee
Now if I can just keep my wedding ring from making looptyloops around my finger things would be great. LOL Why is it that we lose in the oddest places?? LOL

drchickon Mon, Apr-26-04 12:33

Feelin Better!

Hi All and thanks for the kind words! I probably won't be able to post more than once daily....life is CRAZY!

But, here is the good news...two solid days in bed kicked whatever sickness was taking hold and I am feeling almost 100% today. A little tired and a mini-cough, but otherwise just fine. I am joining a gym this week and I think I am going to start doing FitDay. I am putting myself on strict induction. No LC candies or ice cream or anything. I have to kick the cravings and get back into the swing of things.

You guys all seem to be doing great - even through the downs. This is a great group, thanks for letting me take part!!!

Have a great day!

petcrazed Mon, Apr-26-04 13:12

Fanta my husband cant ware his wedding ring anymore cause it is 2 1/2 sizes to big since he lost 50 pounds.

dr.C i usally ony post once a day so thats great anything to keep us going.

OK confession time.... i had a slip up. i have a low carb fudgecilcle and a low carb tortilla with peanut butter. i am stuck at 173 pounds no loss now in since friday but i am starting over again one slip is not going to stop me!
No ice cream and no nuts!!! i can do this i want to see what it feels like to be in the 160s again!

oh and fanta dont worry about losing more then 2 pounds a week ringht now thats what induction does it will slow down and level off.

fantabulus Mon, Apr-26-04 13:59

Glad to hear you are doing better DrC. Sometimes all we need is a bit o rest.
Pet, good for you for not beating yourself up over the slip up. Chin up and truge on! Way to go.

remsgirl Mon, Apr-26-04 16:11

Hi,
I've made a commitment to get back on track starting today. This seems like the perfect challenge group for me!!

I seem to fall off the plan after about the first two weeks every time. This time I really want to make it work, I have about 79 pounds to loose.

petcrazed Mon, Apr-26-04 18:42

WELCOME remsgirl you are welcome to join us this is just for support we each make our own goals but for now for most of us its just sticking to the induction for as long as we want.

cklim Mon, Apr-26-04 18:56

Fantabulus- I weigh myself almost every day. I don't think it really matters whether you weight every day or once a week ... whatever you want. You're having such great success now, I would enjoy it while it lasts.

DrC -- glad to hear you're feeling better. Good luck on re-starting induction.

Pet- I also had a slip up of my own ... I ate some almonds today. I still stayed within my carb limit, but had way too many nuts. That's okay though ... I'm still in ketosis and I'll be good from now on. I'm not buying any more nuts!!!!

Hello remsgirl and welcome to our group!!!

remsgirl Mon, Apr-26-04 18:59

it's recomended to stick to induction until you are about 30 pounds within your goal rite?? That is what I have been trying to do. What is longest period of time you all have stuck to the plan before falling off?? do any of you have a fitness plan going too?

I have yet to start a fitness plan, tried to do it but it only lasted a day or two lol. I'm going to give power 90 a shot AGAIN lol. We will see how it goes this time.

fantabulus Mon, Apr-26-04 19:43

Welcome Rems! I cant remember if that is true (about induction) I do know that there is the Ongoing Weight Loss stage. I think that you can stay on induction longer but that you eventualy should move to OWL.
As for me I am on a special fitness plan. I hope to get back to running 5 miles a day and to do that I am working with a personal trainer from Balies..I realy like the gym. Plus they have child care! I am on a very strickt induction. I dont eat frankinfoods. So that is helping.

remsgirl Mon, Apr-26-04 19:56

FANTA~ what are frankinfoods?? are those the low carb candies and mealbars ect.... 5 miles a day wow!! I don't even think I could walk a mile.

When you say strict induction is that just meat and veggies? how many carbs do you try to stick to each day

petcrazed Mon, Apr-26-04 20:01

hi rems i try to stick to around 15-20 grams of carbs a day.
and i usally stick to the diet for about 2 months then i fall off. :(
so in june i will have to be carefull LOL

franken food as the bars and the shakes and stuff.
i personally eat the bars and shakes and i have not had any problem but i usally have these for breakfast since i dont eat eggs so breakfast is hard for me.

beachjen Mon, Apr-26-04 20:04

Question - what are frankinfoods?

Good job guys! Don't worry, at least your "slip ups" weren't cheats. It's taken me like 2 weeks to finally get my carb count down to about 20 again so we're all getting better with practice. Another pound down today...yesssss! My problem was the carb count. If I stay at about 20 then I lose but if not, then I don't. So that's what I gotta do and you know what? I feel better eating that way anyway. Less cravings, more confidence, etc. Thanks for joining us remsgirl! You can do this. I have gone off before too, don't worry. It doesn't come easy for everyone, including me. It's something we work at ya know? My first time doing Atkins I put in 2 weeks and quit after losing 10 pounds (4 years ago) and gained it back then I went back on it 2 years ago and lost about 10 again and quit after about 6 months. Then I proceeded to gain 25 pounds in the next year (due to eating anything I wanted and I stopped working out). So I have been back with a vengence since July, lost 25 pounds and got down to 137 , slipped up a little from Feb to April (gained back 9 pounds) but as of today I am down 3.5 so I am at 142.5 today and my "challenge" is to get to 135 by June 12th cuz that is the day I am moving back home and will see everyone again. I am also going back to my old job and wanna look good and get compliments, haha. We aren't going to be perfect (but we should try really hard ;) but if we fall we need to pick ourselves back up and keep going. Good luck!

lowcarbL Mon, Apr-26-04 22:52

im getting in on this i feel like i have been slacking a lot on my weight i think im just getting discouraged i finally hit the loss of 40 pounds and havent lost in a while i hate stalls so i feel like man im trying and trying but i cant lose anymore but its time for me to be serious once again cuz i still got 52 more pounds that i want to drop and i dropped 40 in 3 months so i gotta get back on track wish me luck

petcrazed Mon, Apr-26-04 22:56

welcome lowcarbL
thats what we are all here for we have lost our way and are working on finding our weay back.