Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Not 20 somethings' 30/4 Challenge April> (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176083)

Xplora Sat, Apr-10-04 07:06

I took a 30 minute walk with my SIL yesterday. It's fun when you can exercise and chat at the same time. The time just flew by.

quibbers Sat, Apr-10-04 07:23

Congrats to everyone completing week 2! Wow, we are chugging along there. I posted my weekend exercise plans in my journal- lots of walking ahead.

You're so right Jill-it does go faster with a buddy! Guess Ellen is as close as I can get-lol. I like to watch her show when I walk. They are so silly I forget what I'm doing sometimes. Guess good music on a walkman is close too.

LMmama Sat, Apr-10-04 10:35

Happy Easter Weekend All!!
Lots of yard work planned this weekend. I bought a few flats of flowers and I will be planting those. :daizy:
Jill, I envy your walk with sil. We live way out and lots of hill. Just to go to the mailbox is one mile round trip. Up and down 2 hills. That really gets your legs and lungs going.
Playing on the tramp every day. And played some bball with the kids last night. Ds is getting pretty good!
Have fun hiding/finding those eggs!!

Fat Sat, Apr-10-04 13:41

I finally got on..well I have done some exercising today..it is cold and wet out. So the dog wants to come right back inside.

I used some 6lb weights for my arms. One day I hope to look down and see smothers skin..I hope.

All have a good day.
Hugs,
Anna

Fat Sun, Apr-11-04 16:05

Easter day, and I guess I won't get on here until maybe tomorrow..but am writing this now just in case I do get on. If not I will put it on tomorrow.

I did 6 lb weights for my arms again today. DH said I should only do them every other day if I want to build muscle.

Did some heel toe raises about 250 of them. Did 33 squats. I will do some more heel and toe raises later too. They really burn my legs. All those heel toe raises must be doing something for them.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
See you later.
Hugs,
Anna

quibbers Sun, Apr-11-04 21:21

You sound busy Anna! I need to start working my arms again. I took the kids to the pool Sat night and did some arm stuff in the water, and water "jogged" a good 30 mins to an hour. I just kept moving the whole time we were in there.

Sun-today, we did the Big Room tour, and that was a mile and a half up inclines and down. Dh said he was def. going to have to start on the treadmill, as it wore him out. It's not a stroll, I'll say that, and the cavern is lit, but I felt off balance most of the walk, and you look over ledges a lot. It's like a fun house almost.I have noticed the off balance sensation the last two trips now.

LMmama Mon, Apr-12-04 10:15

What a work out!! What a yard!!!!
I planted 3 grass type plants, 4 honeysuckle (needed 8, but they only had 4) and 72 vincas!! What a day!! And that was before I cooked the big Easter dinner and after the big egg hunt. It was too funny watching the kids. And dh trying to find his basket! lol I hung it in a tree! He kept looking all over the ground. The kids got a big kick out of it as everyone had found the basket before him.
Today... I shop until I drop!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Quibbers--- you will have to come out here and do some cave exploring. We have a cave that was in the Matrix about 15 minutes from my house. And it has.... oh, now I can't remember the name--- the little straws that go any-which-way. I guess only 1 out of 10 caves have them. The walkway in that cave is something else. It is all gridded iron that is drilled into the cave wall. You can see straight down! It's really cool! Except the one part where you are 180' above nothing.

HOPEFULL Mon, Apr-12-04 14:22

Boy LMmama, your work out seems much more fun then mine was. I can not wait until all of the snow melts and I can do some planting. I did notice that my strawberries were starting to peak out from under all the straw I covered them for winter with. So slowly but surely spring is fighting its way here.

I did my exercising both yesterday (Sunday) and today. I still pretty much stick with the walk away the pound videos and the treadmill. I really wished that I had somone to take walks with around here during the day. It sure would make it more fun.

The other day, my DH came down when I was doing the 2 mile walk video. I told him that he could join in any time. Instead he sat there and watched me for the whole time. Believe me, that did not help me at all. It sure would be nice if we could find some exercising that we could do together. Any one have any suggestions???

BTW Anna, You are doing so good on your exercising. Keep up the good work. Actually everyone is doing great. It has really helped me to be able to come here and post about it. This way I feel like I actually have an exercise partner (all of you!).:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I think that we all deserve a big pat on the back!!!! So consider yourself all patted. Here's to a great week for all of you!!!!!!

Fat Mon, Apr-12-04 16:23

Everyone is doing really great on here..thanks for the back pat Karen..and I love having everyone on here to exercise with too. Nice that you brought that up.

I still have to do my arm weight..but did some leg exercises..not able to do my leg lefts..it makes me feel like things are falling out. No straining for a long while.

Got to go visit Eve's place for a while..Everyone have a good day.
Hugs,
Anna

quibbers Mon, Apr-12-04 17:30

LMMama- don't get us started on here about "exercises" you can do with your dh! LOL. I am afraid you are in for it now!Hahahaha

The cave sounds great! dd was a bit freaked out by the deep areas tho, so I'm not sure she'd like it and dh is scared of heights-guess ds and I will have to do it without them!

Fat Tue, Apr-13-04 07:47

Ok here I am ...not too happy with what I have not done so far..did some 6lb weights for my arms..and DH decided to get behind me an bug me. So I got upset cus I could not concentrate an left the room..that made him upset. So I still have to do them again. Cannot do anything like exercising around him at all.

Got a tummy ach again today..so have been feeling yucky all morn. Hope it goes away so I can do the rest of my exercising.

DD when she went to the doc's office with DH yesterday..told me she read in a health book that crunches give you a pop belly. Now I just wonder how true that is. Anyone else ever hear of that? It helps above the tummy but not the tummy itself.

She also read..and we had fun trying this out..sit on a chair with you feet flat on floor and try to raise one on side of your rump and then the other without moving your body. I think it is impossible, but maybe just trying helps your behind...LOL.

Have a good Exercising day girls.
Hugs,
Anna

quibbers Tue, Apr-13-04 11:12

Tues- Treadmill done. Yesterday I mostly ran errands. Lots of running around, but nothing structured.

LMmama Tue, Apr-13-04 16:49

Ohh the pain.... :( The first day after the yard work wasn't bad. I thought I did things right. Stretched out and everything before I started. Today I feel the pain. Ohhh the legs!
I didn't do any big workout today. Just the bee-bop tan and a little bit on the trampoline. Tuesdays are hard. Usually I am at the school in the morning and then run errands. By then, it is time to pick up the kids.
Tomorrow is another day. I am glad dh will be home tonight. He can rub my legs!! :sunny:

HOPEFULL Wed, Apr-14-04 12:03

LMmama---How are you feeling today? You are so lucky that you have a dh that will rub your legs for you. He sure could teach my DH a thing or too. Enjoy!!!!!

LMmama Wed, Apr-14-04 13:01

Ya, it WOULD have been nice..... but I fell asleep at 9!! lol
I was just wiped out and went to bed early. Dh was still wired from his 3 hour drive home. He was on the road on Monday.
more later.....