Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   New Month Sept 1st challenge. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=134291)

Meghan Thu, Sep-04-03 13:02

My goal, to fit into my size 9 jeans again! I think I would cry if that happened! :lol: he he*nervous laugh*
I am wearing 11's, but still fit a 13 :cry: and I can fit the 9's but then my stomach hangs over YUCK it is gross looking!

GreenEyezz Thu, Sep-04-03 14:04

OH OH OH OH OH ........I WANNA DO IT TOO.
WEIGHT.....255LBS

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=magenta]:yay: *******

becky160 Thu, Sep-04-03 14:06

I am happy...

Hi you all!
I am really happy. Since the 30th of august I have lost 4 pounds!
I really hope I can go on with this induction diet. Many times I feel like eating sweets, and the first thing I get from the fridge is some SUPER cold water. This has helped me a lot to stop the cravings.
I haven't been able to exercise. It is pretty hot and humid in Barcelona and this weather gives me asthma. So I just keep moving around my house doing cleaning.
Anyways, keep in touch! Good job girls!

One small question: How do I get mi Picture posted??
Thanks for answering my question.

233/229/160

Meghan Thu, Sep-04-03 14:07

I still am loosing while sometimes eating the LC candies, no one is going to tell me not its my "TOM" , I aslo eat SF jello maybe you can try that!

becky160 Thu, Sep-04-03 16:14

Just trying

Hi !
well, i am just trying to see if you can see my picture.
hope it works.

bye bye...

VanCityGrl Thu, Sep-04-03 18:12

Me too! Me too!

Mind if I join you guys?

I started induction on Wednesday September 2nd, and I can so lose 10 pounds this month!

Been OK as to the diet, but I need to get my butt in gear and exercise!

We can do it!

Tracy213 Thu, Sep-04-03 19:43

Hi everyone!

Woooohoooo...I drank all of my water today (and then some). Had a great workout this evening (even though I dragged myself there), now I feel awesome.

I'm worried that I'm not getting enough fat incorporated into my eating plan. I am currently following the Curves plan (20gr or less carbs for two weeks), it's quite similar to Atkins except that they suggest leaner cuts of meat (trim the excess fat, etc.)

Is anyone taking Udo's Oil? I have been taking two tablespoons a day. Will that contribute to my daily fat needs?

Hope everyone is having a terrific day! Happy L'Cing!!
Tracy

mdklimesh Thu, Sep-04-03 20:04

Hey everyone, feel like I had a good day today, 2 miles on the treadmill and 100 squats, check in with you all later in the week.

thenewme Fri, Sep-05-03 03:59

Hi everyone.. I am so glad we are all checking in... lets stay focused we will be glad we did.
Fishburg: How did your OBGyn appointment go?
Stacysheil: I know what you mean about being stuck.... I was stuck on 142lbs. for about a month.. just keep doing what you are doing and it will come off and stay off... promise.
Barbie333: How did you do with that fudge?.. I love fudge--did you resist? I know that was hard either way.
Soon2bthin: I stay motivated by trying on my size 18 jeans everyday.... that was my size when I weighed 187 pounds 7 months ago. That keeps me going for less and reminds me how far I came.
Meghan: Welcome, we love to have you. Size 9, your so close you can make it, your almost there. Hang in there girl.. you will do it.
Smurf: Proud you walked home. I love walking. Glad your gonna drink more water.. you would be amazed how quick your weight comes off and how great your metabolism works with just something as simple as drinking water. And yes we can sooooooo do this.
hellraiser: Welcome. You have all the support here. We are in this together. Cute picture of your doggie.
Greeneyezz: Welcome aboard. We will do this together. Glad you joined us.
Becky160: Proud of your 4lbs loss. What an acheivement... wooohooo.... gone for good. I dont know how to post a pic... but would love to learn.. I want to post mine too... hey girls any suggestions on how to do it.
VanCitygrl: Welcome. Love that screen name. Stay at it... post here any ideas or frustrations you might encounter.
Tracy213: So proud of you!! You will make a difference on Monday. I dont take Udo's oil.
Mdklimesh: Wow! I am proud of your 100 squats. I put mirrors in one of my bedrooms and turned it into an exercise room. I did that cus it has made a difference. I am my number one motivation so when I am in there and can see myself it keeps me doing more. There is nothing more important to invest in than yourself. If you feel good about yourself then others will benefit from that.
Okay ladies... let us all know how you guys are doing. Stay focused and the weight will come off. talk to u guys this weekend.

GEMMA70 Fri, Sep-05-03 04:08

does water really help with metabolism

alighterme Fri, Sep-05-03 07:41

Hello All,
I am leaving for vacation and will be back on Tuesday. I will post my weight at that time. So far I am at 216 which is a 2 pound loss. Hope it holds during vacation.

TamiOrr Fri, Sep-05-03 08:48

When is weigh in day anyways? I wieghed on Wednesday and was down 2.25 pounds...so I am 25% there!

carol.pino Fri, Sep-05-03 09:03

:( am I toooooo late ???

Almost finished the Baggy Jean challange 8/8 thru 9/8 only lost 4 pounds...So I would love to keep motivated and I need to loose those 10 + pounds .... has anyone tried some of the FASTS' that I have been reading about..there is even a water fast on another Atkins site that people are doing to clean out toxins etc.??? :confused:

I guess I'm just getting desperate :blush:

Thanks for listening :)

Start weight 6/11/03 - 148 size 14

9/4/04 - 135 size 10 - 11/12

Goal 122 by 1/1/04 and be a size 6 :yay:

VanCityGrl Fri, Sep-05-03 09:45

Just checking in.

thenewme: I noticed that you started at about the same weight as me, and we are just about the same height. You have done so awesome in just 7 months, you inspire me!

Gemma70: I picked up a really good handout from my gym about the effect of water on metabolism/weight loss. I will post it when I find it!

alighterme: Have fun on your vacation (me, green with envy)! Where are you going?

Carol.pino: I would be very careful about doing a water fast. It's true that you don't get hungry, and you can get rid of a lot of junk in your system, but when the fast ends, the cravings hit like you would not believe. It also will slow your metabolism down. Maybe other types will not have as extreme results, but I would just caution you to be careful!

I picked the worst time to start induction, as I had wicked PMS yesterday. The only thing that stopped me from a full-blown chocolate binge was some lc treats and some shopping therapy.

At my local health food store I found the Ross SF chocolates that everyone raves about, and some Atkins endulge treats. I bought a small Ross coconut bar and one of the Atkins caramel chews for later (I know they are not supposed to be used on induction, but it was better than the alternative).

So, I shopped, and nibbled, and shopped, and nibbled, and I ended up eating both the damn things! Oh well. I was still under my 20 g carbs, so I think I will be OK. Hopefully this time next month I will have a better handle on my sugar demons.

On the bright side, I got an hour and a half of exercise walking around the mall, and you must really burn a lot of calories trying to wriggle yourself into a pair of jeans that fit! :wink:

nettie155 Fri, Sep-05-03 13:55

Just checking in, weight hasn't moved yet, but I think I'm at that "inbetween" time from some lbs dropping, so watch out! I really am having a hard time imagining myself 10 lbs lighter by the end of the month, but I'm hopeful because I have a bunch of clothes that are on the verge of fitting that should be just about right in 10 lbs!