Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Atkins Weight Loss SURVEY RESULTS (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=116390)

jennyxcali Sun, Jul-20-03 15:11

Hi

Hey J.J.

I have been told that the scales lie! I haven't weighed myself today.The first time in 3 weeks but I sure ate alot today!! lol

I see these stats about body fat, do you know how I measure mine? Stupid question I know! Hope you had a really nice weekend. I had a rest from the gym and it felt great not to exercise. Back tomorrow to the gym though. I keep telling myself that one day I will wake up and I will actually notice a big change - it hasn't happened yet but i am sure it will.

Speak to you soon

Jenny

J.J. Sun, Jul-20-03 18:42

Hi Jenny!

What's a beautiful lady like yourself doing on the Atkins??? I know, for your health!!! LOL! I always wanted to blonde, instead I'm an auburn babe! LOL!

Yeah, I don't get on the scales when I've eaten alot....afraid it will tell me something I don't want to know!

As far as body fat goes..........it goes by your age, sex and weight! It tells in the book how to figure it, and perhaps somewhere on this site but DH and I cheated and bought a scales that does it for you! It says I'm at 23%, but according to the book I'm more at 27%! I think I'll believe my scales....LOL!

Hope you had a nice weekend! I actually caught some guys checking out my butt today!! What an ego boost!! LOL! :lol:

Talk to ya soon!!!

What's the weather like where you live??? It's ridiculously hot here!!!

LadyBelle Sun, Jul-20-03 21:38

Quote:
It says I'm at 23%, but according to the book I'm more at 27%! I think I'll believe my scales....LOL!

If that is true, then at your current weight and body fat, you have 115 pounds of lean weight. That means to get to your goal you would have to not only drop to 0% body fat, but have to lose lean muscle as well. For a woman 20% body fat is healthy, I think 23% is on the upper end of healthy. Even at 27% body fat you would have 109 pounds of lean muscle. You would be down to 15% body fat at 128. Instead of shooting for a certain weight you might try looking at a healthy body fat percentage.

M. Payne Sun, Jul-20-03 21:43

"Conclusions: Based upon data collected:...

...2) Not counting induction, the greatest daily average loss of weight occurs during the 31st and 60th days."...

Boy, this really is encouraging!! I'll tell you, I've been working out like crazy and have only lost three pounds in two weeks!!!! :bash:

I know the muscle I'm building will make it seem like I'm not losing very quickly, but I really thought I'd lose a little more by now. I also took my measurements Friday and will check that in a couple weeks. I think the universe is teaching me more patience. :daze:

Anyway, it's really, REALLY good to see this!! Thank you :D

jennyxcali Mon, Jul-21-03 04:55

Happy Monday

Hey J.J.

Thanx for the compliment but you have not seen the size of my ass! lol
I had a really lazy weekend, it was great! In a few hours I am down the gym again though. I am lucky because I can come into work when I like as long as I do a 37 hour week.

Well the weather here is the same as it always is, raining!!! Last week it was 90 and then the next day it was 60 and raining! We don't have much of a summer here, it really sucks! My family live in California so I really look forward to holidays there!

How are you finding Atkins? I am good on it. I would probably lose more but I eat lots of nuts and veggies and low carb bread and even chocolate and drink those shakes. Not all in the same day of course but more for variety. Still 15 pounds in 3 weeks is ok for me so I won't change anyhthing. I do go to the gym every day so I burn alot of those calories off down there.

I hope you have a real good Monday!
Take care

Jenny

J.J. Mon, Jul-21-03 06:37

Ladybelle, Thanks for the info! This can all be very confusing at times, you must know your stuff...eh????

My Payne, I'm glad to hear about the 31-60 days!! There's light at the end of the tunnel afterall! :lol:

Jenny, your butt probably resembles mine, but for some odd reason men around here kinda like the big butts....go figure! BTW, what are you doing in England if your family is in California??? I lived in Thousand Oaks for awhile (north of LA) and it was beautiful there! I didn't care for earthquakes while standing in the shower......seemed like that was always where I was when one hit!!! :lol:

Have a good one everyone!!!! Happy LCing!!!! :yay:

M. Payne Mon, Jul-21-03 08:06

There is a light, and I'm watching it closely!! I AM losing, though, so, I'm not too upset. I can fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to for awhile. =) Thanks!!

jennyxcali Mon, Jul-21-03 12:46

Hey

J.J.

I was born in California and lived there until I was 20. I did 2 years at a Junior College and needed a break. My Father lived in England so I decided to stay for the summer. When I realised I had rights to live there and could go to school there, I jumped at the chance! University fees were next to nothing!! I couldn't believe it

So that's why I am here and my Mom and sisters and Step Dad (which is totally awesome) live in California.

I have 2 children now and at the moment I wouldn't dream of leaving. I can afford to sent both of them to a private school where they will get the best education and that is whats important to me. They mean everything to me and I want to give them all that I can. Don't get me wrong, I love me country! I am just enjoying what I've got because you never know what's around the corner waiting for you.

About my butt - boys never liked it because I had a butt when I was a skinny thing but men seem to love it. At the moment it's a bit too big though - like the size of a small island but I am working on it!

I am shattered now as I went to the gym and had a punishing workout with the cardio and the weights today!

I am sure I will be speaking to you soon

Jenny

J.J. Mon, Jul-21-03 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyxcali
About my butt - boys never liked it because I had a butt when I was a skinny thing but men seem to love it. At the moment it's a bit too big though - like the size of a small island but I am working on it!

That's hysterical!!! :lol: Someone liked your butt or you wouldn't have two children!! I bet England is wonderful!! I'd like to vacation there someday!!!

Have a wonderful day and don't kill yourself at the gym, death :angel: defeats the purpose of the Atkins Plan!! LOL! :lol:

lcmaria Wed, Jul-23-03 23:55

BIG thank you ~ Jake

Im newbie in this forum. Still trying to figure out my ways around here. But your stats really helps me alot. Thanks again :-)

~maria~

GEMMA70 Fri, Jul-25-03 04:52

how do i work out pound from stones

jennyxcali Fri, Jul-25-03 11:29

Pound/Stone

Hi Gemma

14 pounds=1 Stone

10 Stone=140 pounds
11 Stone=154

145 pounds =10 Stone 5

Is that what you wanted? Hope so. I still find using Stone instead of pound weird and I have lived in England for 8 years now!

Jenny

wildindigo Sat, Jul-26-03 14:48

I've been at this nearly 2 months and have lost 18.5 pounds. I thought I was doing great until I came here and found out I'm below average :)

jennyxcali Sat, Jul-26-03 15:32

Below average? You are doing great!! Stick with it. Let me just say that for me I have changed everything in my life, from food to drinking too much wine and no exercise at all.

I now exercise everyday, quit smoking and only have the occasional glass (or 2 or 3)lol

Everyone is different here. My body is in total shock still and doing all sorts of funky things. You are not below average my sweet, you are doing wonderfully!!!!

Jenny

wildindigo Sun, Jul-27-03 08:23

Gosh, if I could make myself exercise 4 times a week I would feel like I was really accomplishing something.

Thanks for the encouragement ...