Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Are you 5'4"? What's your goal weight? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=107976)

good2beme Sat, Jun-14-03 20:18

Di52 -

Quote:
5-4 Not quite short enough to be petite, but not tall enough to be regular.

LOL, I can relate to that! Sounds like we have the same build.......the same age, too!! I'm down to 155, but still am struggling to get into a size 14. A hundred years ago, my heart was broken and I got down to 108.......I was able to squeeze into a size 8, but just barely. As far as not being a "petite", I'm too long-waisted to wear a petite, so my pants always have to be hemmed.

I want to wear a 12 again........but I think I'll have to re-adjust my goal weight!

Ramona

Gwyn Sun, Jun-15-03 01:09

I am 5'4¾", an awkward height; most times I just round it up to 5'5" because it rolls easier off the tongue. :)

I remember weighing 135 as a teenager, and wearing a size 9. I started playing soccer as a young adult, and at age 25 I weighed 150 and looked great.

My goal weight is 165. I originally set a goal weight of 150, but I've weighed over 200 pounds for so long now that 165 sounds like nirvana to me. Echoing many others who've responded to this thread, I'll adjust when I get there. ;)

-G.

florida Sun, Jun-15-03 14:30

great thread!!

Hi. I am also 5'4 and initially my goal weight was 125, but as i am getting closer to the mark i really would like to lower it by a few more pounds, to give myself a little buffer. I think i would look good about 122-123. I have an athletic build so i think i would look a little more cut. It's funny how as you get closer to your goal you instantly want to make that magic number lower.Maybe that why it seems there's not a lot of people at goal, we keep lowering it?!
Anyway, one day at a time.

Nadz Sun, Jun-15-03 15:36

I too am 5'4" and my goal weight is 125. I figure that if I return to weight training, I may be satisfied with 130. But I'm unable to do any exercise due to an injury, so we'll see.

igaligal7 Sun, Jun-15-03 17:58

I am using body fat % as my target. I am currently 151 (28% bf) and wear sizes 6-10. I am muscular build and think that my goal weight is attainable buy may be too small. Everyone is already saying I look 30 lbs. lighter :D (that's one advantage to being muscular build). At this point I can see my ribs. My stats are 34" bust, 28" waist, 36" hips. I hope I don't lose anymore of my boobies :mad: I was a 38C when I started this woe. I am glad I kept up with my measurements and bf %. They are a more accurate view of how much I have lost.

Norag Sun, Jun-15-03 19:44

I'm finding this to be really interesting reading! Even though we are all basically the same height, the differences in how we carry the weight are remarkable.

Igaligal, even though I am almost 20 lbs lighter than you, my measurements are more or less the same as yours.

freckles Mon, Jun-16-03 00:41

I'm 5'4 also and I have my goal weight set at 135. I've figured if I can just get to 150 I'd be happy :D . However, after seeing Karen's post with the 1# loss I think I'll have to look into the weight training :eek: !!!