Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Like a Dream.....150 Pounds gone forever. *Pics at end of story (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=266623)

rkemnitz79 Sat, Oct-29-05 16:10

You look fabulous! Congratulations!

LawDawg Wed, Nov-02-05 01:04

WOW!!

It doesn't hardly look like the same person.

CONGRATULATIONS on your success.

grits088 Tue, Nov-08-05 23:33

HOLY MOLY!!! YOU LOOK AMAZING! Your story is so inspiring. Your story motivates me so much. Thanks for sharing your journey with the rest of us. I have about that much to lose too, and I can't wait till I get to my goal weight. I have never been this heavy in my life, but my insides have not changed, no matter how much my physical appearance has. It is so sad to say, but people look at obese people diffently and if I dare say, with disqust. HOW SWEET DOES REVENGE TASTE? It looks delicious, and if I may be so bold.....SO DO YOU.

Saintor Sun, Nov-13-05 18:54

Impressed. Your parents must be proud.

sawsanam77 Mon, Nov-28-05 04:54

you are soooo happy ,, that's soo nice. wish you all the best

you look goooooot too

missaec Sat, Dec-03-05 01:57

Whooaaa huge difference!! (forgive the pun) You look amazing! That is very inspirational! Wonderful job! :D

at_last Sat, Dec-03-05 09:45

God Bless YOU!! Thank you SO much for having the courage and compassion for us all to post this!!! You are a heartfelt inspiration to all of us who read your story. Thank you so much!

RhondaK Sat, Dec-03-05 10:16

OH, I am SO proud of you!!! You are truly a changed man. I don't even mean how you look but I know what an emotional journey this has been for you. What character and dedication you have. You will inspire so many others as well you should be so proud.
MY daughter is just like you were, thin til about age 5 or 6 then nothing but massive gains. She is 12 now and 186 lbs. She has decided after seeing me lose 50 lbs the last month to get on plan seriously and take care of her health. Wish us luck it's going to be difficult for her being so young but your story she loved and she is going to do her best to change her habits now before she feels as you did missing out on her high school experiences and feeling unhealthy.
Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing your story with us.

Freesia Sat, Dec-03-05 17:11

Wow... I must say you look great!.... You are a source of inspiration for me... your story has touched me and will read it again and again for motivation.

Thank you so much..

veritas14 Sun, Dec-04-05 10:01

You are amazing. You look like a completely different person. I am sure that life is sooo much different for you. I was reading your history and it is deep how sometimes it takes a "fat" picture to give us a wake up call.

Thanks for sharing your story and pictures.

love-kills Sun, Dec-04-05 13:44

WOW! You don't even look like the same person anymore!
Congratulations!

sawsanam77 Sun, Dec-04-05 23:05

you look :)

you look very nice i hope that i can do the same soon

wish you all the best :wave:

LCDancer Tue, Dec-13-05 11:33

WOW, DUDE! You look incredible. Congratulations on your fantastic accomplishment! I needed some inspiration today and you gave it to me. Thank you.

sharn Mon, Jan-09-06 16:48

seriously that is incredible - i'm absolutely inspired by you. you are amazing. well done jesse x

146pounds Mon, Jan-09-06 21:06

Wow, I have to say Jesse, that even though you are a shy person who has shied away from the "crowd," you excelled at the gift of writing. You are a beautiful person inside, and very eloquent. You are an inspiration to me, and you have given me the motivation to keep on track. Truly a pleasure!

boree Tue, Jan-10-06 13:47

Wow, Jesse.....I am sitting here speechless. What an accomplishment!! You deserve to be so proud of yourself. I understand when you say you wake up one day and say "ok, I've had enough, I'm going to do something about my happiness and my future!"
You are such an inspiration and a very handsome guy!
Take Care,
Connie

Sandhya Thu, Jan-12-06 10:49

Congratulations Jesse,

I am truely amazed by your will power and determination.It leaves me so inspired and motivated.

Thank you for sharing your wt.loss journey with us.

Cheers!

JennyU1976 Sat, Jan-14-06 16:12

Jesse: I just ran across your story and it touched my heart. Congratulations on all of your success and for your courage in telling your story. It was inspiration to read...and see.
You look amazing!!

Jennifer

galatia Mon, Jan-23-06 05:08

Jesse, this is a very well written and interesting journey, which you will continue with the rest of your life. You have accomplished so much, and your kindness and charming personality shows in your words and your pictures! I sincerely wish you all the happiness your heart can hold. :)

michelle_d Mon, Jan-23-06 12:45

This is just what I needed to read right now. Thank you so much! Your story is very encouraging and you write so eloquently about what we are all trying to do... you say it better than me :^) :thup:

mrstmitch Mon, Jan-23-06 13:11

Wow, Jesse! You can be so proud of this life-changing accomplishment! I know exactly what you mean that this is a type of "war" that we have to "fight"... You've fought the fine fight, and WON! :thup: Congrats!

Marvin Mon, Jan-23-06 18:56

thanks everyone for your much appreciated comments. :) you keep me going.

TarHeel Mon, Jan-23-06 19:06

And we will keep you going, if it helps. You look marvelous.

Kay

nedgoudy Sat, Jan-28-06 13:53

Awesome Results Dude!

Just don't go back to the
old eating habits. It ain't
worth it! Best always,

Marvin Thu, Feb-09-06 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedgoudy
Awesome Results Dude!

Just don't go back to the
old eating habits. It ain't
worth it! Best always,

thanks, but it seems lately its been harder and harder to keep in track and up with the excercise and without indulging. I think I need a break.

Sapphire2 Sat, Feb-11-06 08:17

OMG Jesse!

When I saw your current photo I let out an audiable "OMG". In fact, I opened another explorer session so I can do a side by side comparison of your before and after photos because I could not wrap my brain around the fact that both pictures were of the same man :agree: !!!! Then I thought he's hot. O.K. O.K. enough of my internal dialogue :lol: I wanted to let you know your story is truely inspirational. Having read your story reinforced that I have no choice but to continue persevering and be consistant and above all patient, if I am to obtain the body and health that I desire. Thanks for taking the time to pen your words of wisdom.

vavcon Sat, Feb-11-06 11:30

Hi Jesse,

Your story resonated with me, please indulge my quote:

"The last thing I wanted to discuss is the introspection that I have been experiencing through all of this. As I said earlier, I am very shy. I found myself through out the years developing an almost jealous like envy of others - especially of attractive good-looking socially-gifted people. The popular people I guess. I was jealous of good looking guys and girls who were able to present themselves in an emphatic demeanor. I saw myself, on the other hand, being ugly, unattractive, and dull. I think I hated myself. No, in-fact I know I did. These are inner-battles that continue within to this day. I am still in many ways envious of others, socially inept, and closed-off. One particular area being overweight has crippled me is my interactions with the opposite sex. I have always been far to shy to approach a girl that would catch my eye or girls in general. I’m like this today. Far overly self-conscious with an offset demeanor. However, the most surprising inner-change for me is not that I am more confident or outgoing, (because I’m not) it’s how I see others that has changed. I find myself defining others not by being overweight or their outer-appearances, but increasingly by their character, dynamism, and personality. I mean I still notice and, like I said, even envious of beautiful and attractive people, but realize that there are different types of beauty and in fact how subjective beauty really is. Maybe I see that even though our outer-appearances are different that people are really just people." -Jesse

Yes, me too. Harder even than losing weight is losing the envy and dislike of those who had what I didn't (looks, low weight, confidence). Please let me tell you - you look AMAZING - you are a very handsome (hot) man and I bet the best things about you have nothing to do with your looks. Don't do what I did and be overwhelmed by this new attention you will (and likely already have) begin to receive from women. Enjoy it for what it is and continue to search for someone that sees all of the things inside you - good, bad and ugly.

You are an inspiration to me - I hope that someday I can post my before and after pictures here.

Chris

TyroneBill Sat, Feb-11-06 14:18

Absolutely amazing, no other words to describe it. Congrats!

misskolie1 Sun, Feb-12-06 00:12

I'm with Sapphire, I was thinking the same thng, like "he's hot!" I really like your haircut in the last few pics. Truly an inspiration. I can't wait for the day people look at my pic and say the same thing about me. Great job!

kimbo1926 Tue, Feb-14-06 07:30

wow you are incredible congrats!!!