Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   TREADMILL Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=143356)

kevjol Fri, Oct-24-03 15:56

Welcome Atkins4myW
Just walk on in and make yourself at home.

Happy treadmilling!

Atkins4myW Fri, Oct-24-03 16:23

Thanks I did 4.2 miles today.

stacysheil Fri, Oct-24-03 16:46

welcome atkinsformyw. looks like you are an experienced treadmiller. These people are killing me trying to keep up with them, now I have to add you to my list of people to catch up to, lol. The challenge has really kept me walking. Some days I dont want to do it at all but then I just think of posting a big "zero" for the day.
Have you lost all your weight on low carbs? You have really came along way.
I have gotten a little discouraged this week because I thought all this walking would kick start my weightloss again. I was wrong, Ihave gained 1.5 lbs. Im hopiing it is all muscle.

rosemam Fri, Oct-24-03 17:11

Hey everyone. Did 3 miles today! Woohoo

Monday 2.5
Tuesday 2.5
Wednesday 1.5
Thurday 0- boo
Friday- 3

GrammaJoJo Fri, Oct-24-03 17:29

Hi all,
I walk at 4-4.5 miles per hour, I used to run, but my knees won't take it anymore, so I do like to walk fast, I am also very tall with extremely long legs, so I guess I can walk faster than most.

I did another 3 miles in 45 tonight, didn't want to, but I knew that I had to post, so got it done and felt GREAT :yay:

Just remember that it doesn't matter how far you go, it that fact that you're going, so be proud of yourself!! :wiggle: Set a goal foryelf and try to better it each week, 1 mile this week, maybe 1.1 next week. You CAN do it.

Everyone have a GREAT evening!
JoAnne

20b430 Fri, Oct-24-03 19:16

Look at ya'll go........ Welcome All Newcomers!!!!!:dazzle:

Well, I did 1.75 miles 30 mins, not sure what my problem is.....just didn't have the energy, I couldn't get up to 4.0 either.....Well hopefully I'll do better tomorrow.

kevjol great recipe, I'll have to fix that for DH, he loves cream cheese,,,,The other night he made blue cheese hamburgers. Crumble blue cheese up in the ground meat, and grilled them....smelled wonderful!!!

skinnyme Fri, Oct-24-03 21:15

Everyone is doing GREAT!!!!!

It is almost time to post the weeks total :Party: We really did some good treading this week.

I did not get on yesterday so I am going to get on RIGHT now :wiggle:

skinnyme Fri, Oct-24-03 22:32

1.25 miles 25 minutes :) Take Care

kevjol Sat, Oct-25-03 07:15

I wasn.t able to get on yesterday either
had to spend my day trying to get recertified to go back to work.
The company dr. had me running all over Houston back and forth to my Dr. offices regetting my return to work papers because my cardiologist wrote the answers to the questions that the company dr wanted on the paper he faxed them instead of one his office letterhead.

I call the company dr ,Dr. Asshat because he is a total a$$.
He does stuff like that just because he can

I swear that man is living only because killing him is against the law.

If they ever pass a law for open season on a$$hats I know where I would hunt lol

every year this quack has cost me money in lost work
this time around its about $2000

I worked as much as I couldall summer to get my bills caught up, now I'm back worse the is was.

O well way it goes I suppose one day at a time
[/rant]
I'll try to get going today still not sure if I'm going back to work today or wed morn.

Atkins4myW Sat, Oct-25-03 07:25

today is a weight lifting and cardio day so I only did 2.9 miles

stacysheil
Don't worry about the little up you are having. Weight loss isn't a linear process. You are going to have down weeks, flat loss weeks and even the occasional up weeks, but on Atkins the overall trend is downward. This isn't a race to see who gets to goal first. We have the rest of our lives to get there. Just enjoy the great improvements in your health that you are experiencing on the WOL and think of the weight loss as an added bonus
yep lost it all on Atkins. I've been doing it since June of 2002. I've got bad knees so treadmilling was the only cardio I could do. I get in a zone and just go. If I don't set the timer at the gym and a ball game is on I forget to stop. I love your walk around the world challenge. That is a great idea.

StvnG. Sat, Oct-25-03 13:13

Hi Everyone

Didn't get a chance to walk yesterday :nono: but will get on today and report later this evening. Today was weigh in day and the scale only moved 2 pounds. :cry: I really thought I would have lost more, but I'm not giving up! You all did great this week! :Party:

red1cutie Sat, Oct-25-03 13:33

Hi Treaders! Have a great weekend!

Friday: 1.4 miles (20 minutes)

Peace
red

rosemam Sat, Oct-25-03 16:52

2 miles today (also other elliptical machines)
Will try to boost amount tomorrow!
Good work everyone!!!

StvnG. Sat, Oct-25-03 22:49

Hi fellow treadmillin pals...just wanted to report my 1.5 miles for the evening. This weeks numbers will look much better than what i've been reporting. Hope the rest of the weekend is good for you all!

20b430 Sun, Oct-26-03 09:39

Hello All~

2 miles 33 mins Yesterday.
I'll be back later to report what I do today.

Keep up the good work!

red1cutie Sun, Oct-26-03 13:03

Hi everyone! Looking great!

Today: Another 1.4 miles (20 minutes) :yay: :yay:

Peace
red

Atkins4myW Sun, Oct-26-03 14:14

did my 4 miles today. I may do some more later if I get bored tonight since the series is over.

GrammaJoJo Sun, Oct-26-03 16:21

Hi all,
Sorry no treadmill yesterday, but three miles today,
Have a great night,
JoAnne

20b430 Sun, Oct-26-03 18:13

I'm back Everyone,,,,Just as promised!

4 miles 60 mins

skinnyme Sun, Oct-26-03 19:34

WEEK 1 Grand TOTAL :dazzle: :dazzle:

107.15 miles

GREAT JOB GUYS :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party:

At this rate maybe we need to up the goal, any thoughts? :thup:

skinnyme Sun, Oct-26-03 19:43

Here is the list so far. If I missed anyone please add your name :)

Skinnyme
Kevjol
Slimmerme
MetilHed
Stacysheil
Red1cutie
StvnG
RoseTattoo
Roseman
20b430
Jessieeve
Atkins4myW
Soshie
Nawchem
GrammaJoJo

stacysheil Mon, Oct-27-03 11:05

WOW!!!!!!!!!! We really treaded up the miles. I didnt get to walk over the weekend. DH was home all weekend and my treadmill is in the living room. I got back started today.

Weight: 170.0

Monday: 50min. 3.02 miles

I did all that walking last week and gained 1.5 lbs. But then I decided to cut out my low carb bread and low carb tortilla and lost 1.5 plus 1.5 more. I guess the bread was giving me too many carbs. I will still eat them, just not everyday like I was. Its too hard to do all the walking for exercise and see the scalse move up. Everyone told me it was all muscle gain. Everyone have a great week. I think we shouldnt up the total challenge. I just think we should go week by week and try to do more each week. But it is up to the majority.

kevjol Mon, Oct-27-03 14:17

Well went back to work finally on Sat so no treadmilling

Sun had to put new floor in master bath so no treadmilling

But today I did:
3.08 miles
60 minutes

I to have gained 3.2 pounds over the last week and I know I haven't cheated so I hope its muscle.

My scale says my bf% is 29.5 thats down from 30%
so I'll keep on going

Atkins4myW Mon, Oct-27-03 14:32

today was suppose to be an off day but what can I say I'm an addict. Did a slow 3.5 miles in 60 min today.

I say leave the goal where it is and then when we exceed it we can all feel great and you can make the next one tougher.

skinnyme Mon, Oct-27-03 17:46

You guys are doing really good. I was going to skip my treadmill today BUT after seeing what you all did, I just can't slack :yay: Thanks for the motivation :yay: Also, good idea about leaving the goal the same, Thats fine with me :) Happy Treading :thup:

skinnyme Mon, Oct-27-03 18:35

1.25 miles 25 minutes. Thanks again for the motivation. I feel much better :wiggle:

rosemam Mon, Oct-27-03 21:18

wow. i can't believe we treaded that much in only one week. woohoo. WE ROCK! Alright no treading yesterday but got off my butt today. Did 3 miles. Keep up the good work everyone.

StvnG. Mon, Oct-27-03 23:17

Hi Gang

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. No treading for me yesterday, The Lords day is a day of rest for me. Tonight I did 2.25 miles. I agree with leaving the goal the same and then seeing how far we passed it. Keep up the walking...you all motivate me!

20b430 Tue, Oct-28-03 07:04

OH My!!!!! We are doing so awesome!!!!! 1 week already over 100 miles!!!!!

Monday I did 3.15 Miles 45 mins.

stacysheil Tue, Oct-28-03 10:50

Monday: 50min. 3.02 miles
Tuesday: 41 minu. 2.62 miles

I didnt get to finish my walk today. I was so at it too. Iwas gonna get those 3 miles in in 45 minutes but then my brother called from VA so I had to get off. Oh well, I guess I sweated enough inthose 41 minutes to make up for the rest.

Have a good day everyone.