Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Davinci Syrups (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=95172)

faeriegirl Tue, Apr-01-03 13:48

you could probably make some pretty killer martinis with those syrups!

pegva Tue, Apr-01-03 13:52

OH BOY

Just received my latest order:
Root Beer flavored syrup
Lemon Tea concentrate

My collection is growing!

"Root beer float" for dessert tonight!!!!!!!!

faeriegirl Tue, Apr-01-03 14:14

I sure wish i had some root beer syrup :) sounds awesome - you will have to let us know how those 2 are!!

MomSharon Tue, Apr-01-03 14:20

Ditto

I ordered yesterday afternoon (after reading so many raves):

Chocolate
Cherry
French Vanilla

Total was $27.XX. I am going to use in the protein shake recipe found in another thread (whipping cream, protein powder, egg, crushed ice).

I e-mailed them yesterday also, and got a reply this morning as to where to find them stocked in stores. Sounds like it's hit and miss.

Sharon

CharM Thu, Apr-03-03 20:24

Sharon,

If the shake recipe is the one I posted - would love to hear what you thought of it.

I think they are great - but worried my 2 a day stalled me!!!

I am pretty frustrated right now - decided to skip the shakes for a week - but they were so good for me in the mornings in place of breakfast - and kept me full until lunch!

Hope to get a "review" :wave:

CharM

gotbeer Mon, Apr-07-03 15:46

Just recieved my order today (7 days after placing my order on the website). The delay was mostly UPS; DaVinci shipped the order last Tuesday (4/1/2003).

The syrups are much sweeter than I anticipated; I would have liked the fruit flavors to be much more tart. (Maybe my sweet tooth has declined in the 8 weeks I've been low-carb.)

Luckily, the fruit flavors I chose should mix well with lemon or lime juice, and that should bring the tartness up to the point I prefer. (Cherry limeade Alert!)

The chocolate and caramel ought to sweeten low-carb ice cream recipes with no additional added sweetener - I'll be experimenting and will report any good/bad results.

faeriegirl Mon, Apr-07-03 18:24

I am so pleased with the Davinci syrups. I try to use the vanilla one in almost anything that i would use regular splenda for (i.e. coffee sweetener, with lemon juice and whipped cream). It is so much - smoother- for lack of a better word. And it doesn't have hardly any of that odd aftertaste.

mullo9 Wed, Sep-10-03 01:01

Went to the Cash and carry tonight and WOW!!!!!! The syrups were to die for.....thx Jeanyyy...info was right on the money!!! Bought 5 flavours of Davinci and the price was only $3.50 approx per large bottle....the Torini syrups I bought before from Fred Myer are almost 2x the price for the same quantity....And to boot I found a 3.78L jug of Frank's Red Hot Sauce for $10.99.....the same amount if bought here in Canada for the larger bottle of 350ml would run me about $60 CAN......I am one happy camper....and also bought 15 packs of La Tortilla from Fred Myer....$2.49 each......and last but not least some Hot and Spicy Pork Rinds....pretty spicy.....Love it!!!! Thanks again for the tip!!

Charlif761 Wed, Sep-10-03 05:41

Darn It!

I am in Europe and the CHEAPEST I can find Davinci syrups for is 15 EUROS....apporximately, $17!!!!! Anyone want to go to the Cash n Carry and ship them to my dad in South Carolina so he can bring them to me in October????? lol

GEEZ! I am DYING for these syrups...have looked EVERYWHERE...but at $17, I cannot afford to splurge this way... :cry:

Charlotte

saltnpeppa Wed, Sep-10-03 06:14

for those in the US, check out your TJMaxx stores. Several people have picked up the big bottles for $5.99. You never know if they'll have any or what flavor. Just have to keep checkin it out.

Hilary M Wed, Sep-10-03 06:54

DaVinci syrups are fabulous! I use mine mainly to make Italian sodas — dash of DaVinci stirred into a glass of seltzer water or club soda, then topped with a tablespoon of cream. Delish! The fruit flavors are my favorites, although the Root Beer flavor makes a killer float.

I have Root Beer, Chocolate, Coconut, Raspberry, Almond, Vanilla, Hazelnut, Blueberry, Peach and Cherry. I'm dying to try the Green Apple and Caramel. I ordered most of mine online, but I can occasionally find some at T.J. Maxx (it's very random what you might find there, but it doesn't hurt to look) and the vanilla, almond and hazelnut are sold in several grocery stores in the coffee aisle.

beachmum Wed, Sep-10-03 08:59

Wow, a whole new world opening up here. THANKS for all the great info everyone!!