Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Lisa wants a nice body (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=82236)

Daethian Tue, Feb-11-03 18:54

Wow! I can't even believe that its the same person in those pictures!

What a change! You should be so proud of yourself! :D

catspaw Wed, Feb-12-03 00:30

Truly inspiring!

Wow, what a difference! You should be very proud of what you've accomplished. It certainly gives me hope that I can accomplish the piddly amount I'm working toward.

Congratulations!

diget77 Wed, Feb-12-03 01:03

Been Busy

I'm sorry I just now got a chance to look at your pictures. That is wonderful, inspurational, and amazing. I can't wait to post mine. I have to figure out how to do it. I think I only have 1 were I am not preg...but you can totally see that I was heavy beside the point. Keep up the GREAT work!!!!

Gosh, what a difference! GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Oh, incase you don't catch it on my sight.... I am a grandmother (so to speak)! My dog (Snoopy) just had here puppies...actually she is still in the process. I thought I would stay up and cheer her on. So far, 1 boy and 1 girl. Well, it's late, and I should check on her again...just wanted to see how you were doing and let you know that I think your before and after photos are GREAT!!!!!

Dani

lkonzelman Wed, Feb-12-03 07:54

Thanks buddys for the great compliments.. :blush: There are pictures that show me a little heavier but I can't find them now. If I ever do....

Kimberlina... No was in a horrible relationship when I got to my heaviest and spent 10 years in either self abusive or fly by night relationships or completely and utterly alone.

Dani If you need help just ask and i'll see if I can help you. Or you can email to me and I can change their size to post. lkonzelman~hotmail.com

lkonzelman Wed, Feb-12-03 07:55

Oh and the reason i'm here...

Worked out this morning!

Did my 20 minute interval training but when I increased my pace I also added weight to the skier. Good workout!

diget77 Thu, Feb-13-03 12:18

Posted my before photos...will post my after in a day or 2...

lkonzelman Fri, Feb-14-03 07:15

Well did my 20 minutes this morning (WW great inspiration since DH kept me up until 2 last night and wanted to sleep in but knew I was accountable - this site helps me so).

Did my first 10 minutes as usual kept increasing speed and tension through the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th minutes then instead of the same 4 minutes in the second 10 minutes - today I did hard push for every other minute.

Good strong workout!

And if anyone is reading this... Dani is very pretty!

lkonzelman Mon, Feb-17-03 13:30

About 20-25 minutes of shoveling 20+ inches of snow. Got good and sweaty.

Thought there would be more but have great neighbors that helped....

lkonzelman Tue, Feb-18-03 08:34

Went out last night after the plows buried our driveways again. Me and all the neighbors dug out 7 driveways for about an hour.

Good sweat!

lkonzelman Fri, Feb-21-03 18:02

Just worked out - 20 minutes skier - each 3 minutes cranked up the strength.

Good sweat!

lkonzelman Fri, Feb-28-03 19:19

Started some basic weight resistance tonight

25 bicycle crunches
25 tight ab-leg lifts
25 basic situps
15 side-bridges on each side
25 squats
25 lunges (switching legs)
only could do 15 girl push ups (that is very hard for me)
15 standing side leg lifts on each side
10 back extensions - 5 second counts

zandria72 Fri, Feb-28-03 19:50

cool...

Looks pretty good! I don't like lunges much (bad knees)...be very careful with the lunges and squats that you keep good form. That site you mentioned in your journal has good instructions.

Another thing you might do, since you have the 10 pound weights, is tricep extensions with each arm. If your triceps are weak, that will contribute to the trouble with the push-ups. And every woman wants buff triceps!! :D I prefer to do the tricep extension/press over dips. Dips can be really hard on the elbows. You also don't have anything for your upper back (lats/traps). That's going to be harder to do at home, of course.

lkonzelman Sat, Mar-01-03 08:11

Thanks Suzanne so much for your interest. I am excited again!!

Woke up and did 20 minutes on the elliptical skiier at a strong tension on an empty stomach. Good sweat!

lkonzelman Sat, Mar-01-03 13:54

Body fat calculator that looks more accurate... here

Still good loss and happy today.

lkonzelman Sun, Mar-02-03 09:07

Starting 4lb dumbells

2 sets of 12 arnold press
2 sets of 12 front raises
2 sets of reverse overhead dumbells
2 sets of dumbell curls
2 sets of dumbell shoulder press
2 sets of rear raises

My thoughts are every other day of weight resisance and aerobics. I think that I will do this grouping every other weight day and ab stuff on the opposite days. My legs are worked during the aerobic piece of this puzzle.

Just as a start.