Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Nuts, nuts oh glorious nuts - I think I am a squirrel (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=81932)

fine Fri, Jan-24-03 14:58

Cashew! gee it sounds like a sneeze... I bet at the meeting if one says cashew - the rest of us will be saying gezundheit and bless you every five mins....
:D

Leigh b Fri, Jan-24-03 15:47

Hey fine can i come around and play hide and seek the nuts? Bagsee i look for nuts first. LoL
I can imagine you giving your kids one peanut each and you sitting with a BIG BAG. ;)
I am a salted peanut addict. I sometimes just start thinking of them in the middle of the day and consider stopping at a shop. It is a fight to stop myself. After reading all of these posts i am going to have to get another keyboard as i have been dribbling all over this one. Phew what an expensive addiction. Has anyone had a lettuce addiction? or an olive addiction? I thought you only had cravings when you are pregnant....now theres a thought :D
Happy nut eating everyone. leigh

Shadow01 Fri, Jan-24-03 17:13

I'm nuts about nuts - and this forum! You guys are hilarious - and there is such a great wealth of information here! Kudos to all of you :D

Iowagirl Fri, Jan-24-03 21:13

Hey - Sunday is my birthday so my soon to be ex (nice guy, amicable split) took my little daughters shopping to get me something. I opened the presents early and I got - cashews!
God bless the dollar store.

freydis Fri, Jan-24-03 22:06

Maybe I have the term wrong? English walnuts? They have a slightly stronger flavor.

fine Sat, Jan-25-03 07:28

Hi Leigh
THe BIGGEST BAG ever!!!!! and the kiddies can look at one.... (if they are good) tee hee, & no ways am I preggie!!
Freydis, If you call English walnuts black ones what do you call normal walnuts? We call normal walnuts, well walnuts really, gee the atlantic sure does some funny things to words hey?
Iowagirl Many Happy Returns for tomorrow :bday: - I won't be able to online tomorrow, as I am on an Orienteering & map bearings course (I'll probably won't be online on Monday either due to me getting lost, tee hee)- so have a great day and enjoy your cashews (gezundheit!)

Iowagirl Sat, Jan-25-03 09:06

Fine- thank you for the birthday greetings!

If I'm not online tomorrow I'll probably be on the floor, empty cashew tins strewn all around. Somebody take me to a meeting! (another NA - Nuts Anonymous) :D

DDMariana Sat, Jan-25-03 11:55

Well, since I've been clean for several months now - of both nuts and peanut butter - I thought I'd volunteer my services should any of you nuts...er, I mean, addicts...need a sponsor!! :D

Just call, post or pop into my journal!!

One day at a time, y'all...one day at a time!

:wave:

Shaneice Sat, Jan-25-03 19:04

Just Nutty!

What a hoot!

I too am a self-proclaimed Nut-Addict. My tip? I only buy about a scoop at a time in the bulk bins....AND yes, they get hidden away. There are just some things you shouldn't have to share. :p

My favorite line "I don't get to eat your food, so you shouldn't get to eat mine!" :D

Happy crunching!

Shaneice

freydis Sat, Jan-25-03 21:09

Ok, I looked it up. They're called on the package Eastern Black Walnuts. The "normal" English walnuts are just called walnuts.

kjturner Tue, Jan-28-03 00:32

Hey 'fine'--FYI, here in the Sunny South where we grow pecans as a truly major industry (next to peaches--Georgia's the Peach State) we prounounce it peKAHN. If someone asks for 'peekans' or peeCANS we just *know* they're a Yankee!! :p (If they ask for a 'PEEcan' we point them to the bathroom!)

Iowagirl Tue, Jan-28-03 08:39

LOL - peecan/bathroom! :p
We Yankees eat our snacks in strange places!

fine Tue, Jan-28-03 11:52

Hi kjturner and Iowagirl
I am laughing so much now at you guys - tis good to laugh but boy my sides ache!
xx
:D :D :D
Thanks for that Freydis - I must admit I certainly haven't seen black ones before - however, we are coming to Alaska for a holiday in October and maybe I shall see some then and give them a try...
xx