Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Central Florida Low-Carbers? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=81486)

Magicslr Fri, Jun-29-07 07:59

I also order from Netrition every month. Publix does seem to be getting in a few more LC products. There is a small health food store in Lake Mary near Blockbusters where you can find many LC products but they are also pricey.

Annie1gi Fri, Jun-29-07 08:16

I also get most from Netrition....although Walmart seems to have just a bit more lately I am right between Orlando and Daytona.

Gypsybyrd Mon, Jul-09-07 21:16

Hi from St. Pete! :wave:

Gypsybyrd Fri, Jul-13-07 23:20

Anybody in Florida around?

wendykp Fri, Jul-13-07 23:32

Hi Gypsy! I'm in largo, we're neighbors!

Gypsybyrd Sat, Jul-14-07 20:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendykp
Hi Gypsy! I'm in largo, we're neighbors!

Hey Wendy! We certainly are! Glad to see some locals on here.

Have you found a good store for LC stuff? Not LC frakenfoods but the flax meal or almond meal or LC protein powders/shake mixes. Right now I have to go to several stores ... Publix (Designer Whey Protein powder), Rollin' Oats Market (almond meal; coconut oil) and Haslam's Bookstore (DaVinci sf syrup there), Wal-Mart (flax seed, coconut oil). I wish there was ONE store with everything I want. lol

I hope you're having a great weekend!

wendykp Sat, Jul-14-07 20:57

Hey there. I haven't found any ONE place with everything I like, which is why I used to order from netrition, I could get it all and be done with it.
I buy golden flax meal from Albertsons, its super cheap there. I go to Sweetbay for coconut oil(they have both regular and virgin, usually) and usually get my designer whey powder there. The TJMaxx and Marshalls by me are the very cheapest place to get sugarfree syrups, they carry the Artisan splenda sweetened kinds at $4 or $5 a bottle, way cheaper than DaVincis. I also have a LC specialty store by me in Largo Mall, I use them for walden farms or other sauces, etc, that I like.

I rarely allow myself in Haslams, I spend way too much money, lol.

Gypsybyrd Sat, Jul-14-07 21:33

LOL - I know what you mean about Haslams ... I go in for ONE book and come out with a lot more than that.

Conveniently enough there is a TJMaxx two blocks away AND a Sweetbay 2 blocks in the other direction. I'll look into those - thanks!

I went to netrition - didn't seem like a lot there. Did I miss something?

wendykp Sat, Jul-14-07 22:08

http://www23.netrition.com/low_carb_products_page.html

If you keep scrolling all the way down, they carry alot of stuff. I avoid the frankenfoods for the most part, but they also have coconut flour, almond flour, stevia, etc. They have a flat rate shipping of $4.95, so I would wait until I wanted a quite a few things and then order.

I really like Sweetbay! They carry alot of more natual products and the 2 by me both have an excellent produce section, and a very nice meat counter.

Gypsybyrd Tue, Jul-17-07 08:59

Thanks Wendy! I guess I didn't scroll down far enough on netrition. I haven't made it to Sweetbay but I'm planning a stop-by on my way home from work.

LCchickFL Wed, Jul-18-07 09:59

I haven't been there in a while but, Chamberlain's used to carry some of the LC products. Of course, all the stores have cut way back since the LC 'craze' went bust. Now we're back to the die-hard low carbers and I guess there isn't as much money to be made now that we've all figured out all those LC 'treats' weren't doing us any good.

Koalaty Wed, Jul-18-07 20:51

I found a section at chamberlain's with low carb stuff. It was great! Not a lot, but just a little to enhance my own cooking.

Gypsybyrd Wed, Jul-18-07 20:58

Funny enough ... Miller Lite is advertising it's low carb count. hehehe

I've never heard of Chamberlains ... don't think we have one here. :(

LCchickFL Thu, Jul-19-07 07:41

I just looked to see if they have a website and it doesn't look like they do. Gee, I thought EVERYONE had one by now. Maybe you can check your phone book.

Gypsybyrd Thu, Jul-19-07 08:53

Phone book? What's that? LOL

Yeah - you'd think everyone had a website by now. Would make my life easier. :rolleyes:

Hope you're having a great day!