Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   What is your mini goal??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=70506)

Janeydi Fri, Dec-13-02 08:41

Made it...and early too!

I saw 139 on the scale this morning...haven't seen that '3' in...well, I can't remember when...I may go up a little, but I know the plateau has been broken. I seem to flutter up and down 2 lbs or so, but the trend is down.

I see some others have met theirs early, too! Congrats!

My next one is to finish the book The Water Cure, and actually do it for 2 wks before the end of the year. I think I have a mineral imbalance. I take potassium and cal/mag/zinc, but I always have a dry mouth and sometimes get cramps at night in my legs. I get my water in, MOST days.

Good luck to us all!

Amy

mnokat Fri, Dec-13-02 08:57

I'm not in my 14's yet, but my 16s are all fitting very roomily. AND, more importantly, my BF% is down 4.7% in the last 6 weeks! I lost 9lbs of fat and replaced it with 9 lbs of muscle!

14s by xmas might still be possible. Got another week and a half to go!

sewcrazy Fri, Dec-13-02 10:03

I had a goal of getting down into the 170's before my DD came home for Christmas. She arrives Monday, and this morning I got to do a happy dance because the scale said "179". I nearly kissed the scale... I have now set a realistic (for me) goal of MAINTAINING over the holidays. Each one of these darned pounds was hard to lose and I absolutely do NOT want to have to lose them again. So, I am going to try and hang in as best I can. Maybe I will lose a pound or two, but I have decided not to stress myself out if I don't.

DDMariana Fri, Dec-13-02 10:40

So far, I'm realizing my mini goal, which was to not regain a bunch of weight when my appetite returned. It hasn't fully returned, but I am eating a little more here and there.

Weighed 173 this morning, the lowest I've been in more than 15 years. I wouldn't reccommend the "broken heart" diet to anyone, but I figure out of all this hell I should at least get a little bonus!

I take the smaller pants, what the hey???

:D

jesdorka Fri, Dec-13-02 11:27

my mini goal is stay focused through the holiday season, stay on my exercise program and keep to my lc woe. if i lose a couple of pounds by new year's that would be great if not i will set myself another goal for jan-mar.

freydis Fri, Dec-13-02 13:00

On Tuesday of this week I reached my second mini goal. The first was to move my wedding rings to my middle finger, which happened a couple of weeks ago. The second was to change pants size or at least be able to wear a non-elastic waistband in the same size. Well, I'm able to wear a non-elastic in the same size now. YAY! :)

My next mini-goal is to drop a full pants size. I also want to wear a ring on my third finger that is just a LEETLE bit too snug right now. I can get it on, but if my hands swell that finger starts hurting. This ring USED to fit tightly on my pinky. Now it drops off of that finger.

raharris Fri, Dec-13-02 13:08

40 pounds

Hi --

I started LCing on July 7 2002 with a goal of losing 80 pounds. My "mini goal" was to have lost half of that by January 1 2003, but from there things stand now that is not likely to happen. I think I'm somewhere just over 35 pounds lost, but haven't weighed myself in almost two weeks. I don't like being a slave to the scale ;).

So I've decided to push it back another week to January 7, which will be six months from when I started . . . maybe I'll have made it by then!

Cheers --

AmberinIN Fri, Dec-13-02 13:51

Well, my goal for the New Year is to get below 150. I, too, would like to weigh myself on the scale, only having to move that big weight two notches instead of three, even if I move the small one to near the end! :D Only two more pounds to go!

My bigger mini goal is to be 140 by Feb. 18, which would be a year to the day when I started my LC WOL. That was my original goal weight, although my end goal is now open ended.

Other than that, I am just enjoying the unveiling of my muscles that are slowly becoming visible from the melting off of my fat! :cool: I really have tried to spend time in front of the mirror looking for changes. I measure myself in about 8 places, but it still doesn't all account for the shape my body is taking! I have recently taken to flexing my arms, as I like looking at my shapely forearm muscles! :p

My husband must think I'm turning into a narcisstic nut!

Good luck, everyone, on your goals! Try not to stress the holidays, remember, there are a ton of delicious LC recipes you can surround yourself with!

:wave: Amber

Blue Moon Fri, Dec-13-02 14:17

I would LOVE to be below 180 pounds by New Year's. 180 pounds is what I told the Navy Recruiters I weighed (ha!!) 3 years ago, although I am sure I was closer to 210-220. I was always heavy, and apparently, when I left for college i gained the freshman, and the sophomore, 15. Just glad I came home when I did :daze:

Good Luck to everyone with their mini-goals, and congratulations to those who have already met them. :thup:

Mjsturg1 Fri, Dec-13-02 15:06

My mini-goal is to see 145 by New Year's eve...I just cant seem to make it past 146...then I "cheat" ...weekends are the hardest..I like to come back to work just to get back on my routine...:)

Good luck and Congratulations to all !!

michael13 Fri, Dec-13-02 17:38

mini goal

My mini-goal is to fit into my tux for my niece's wedding.

I haven't been able to wear it in three years ...

If I can lose another 5 pounds by January 11, I reckon I'll fit into it comfortably ....

If not - I'll be wearing a rental ....!!!

Michael13

kelleyb Fri, Dec-13-02 21:35

My Mini-Goal

is 148, or size 10 (whichever...). I weighed 148 13 years ago and looked good. So I figure when I reach that mark, I should be "almost" there! 7# to go 'till minigoal!

Atriana Fri, Dec-13-02 21:42

My mini goal is to lose the 6 pounds I gained on the honeymoon cruise. 4 down, 2 to go!

asugar Sun, Dec-15-02 18:13

My mini-goal was to weigh 163 or less on New Years Day and I'm right on track. So, much so that I'm changing my mini-goal. My new mini-goal is stay on track so I'll weigh 161 or less on New Years Day.
asugar :wave:

giggle4fun Mon, Dec-16-02 14:42

For some reason 220 seemed like this huge number now that I am a half pound away 200 seems GARGANTUAN...so I guess my mini-goals are coming in 20 pound increments...