Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Tips and Stalls (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   THIS STUFF DID WONDERS FOR ME!! (broke plateau) (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=62142)

jeanyyy Wed, Apr-23-03 09:07

I would dearly love to see before-and-after pictures, as well. If you don't mind, could you send them to: ********? Thanks very much :)

MODERATOR EDIT: Email address removed. It is against forum rules to post email addresses.

mfo Wed, Apr-23-03 14:13

Metabolism Boosters Can Have Side Effects

I too had similar side effects as NitroVixen.

About 5 years ago I was on a low fat diet taking Diet Fuel, Ripped Fuel, and Hydroxy cut for months everyday and I was losing weight; in addition I should note I also worked out religiously.

I am very healthy, but over time I became very irritable and impatient then began experiencing nervous twitches which made me feel very uncomfortable in the office. I had spasms in one eye and in the facial area and I had never had that before. It went on for like 2 weeks and I was so afraid I had damaged my nervous system. I also rec'd heart palpitations and jitters. I felt so energetic and good, but my body was really in overdrive. I realize everyone's body responds differently, but perhaps I was just sensitive to the ingredients over time. I no longer depend on those pills for a boost. If I really need one I have natural caffeine in the form of a cup of tea or coffee but don't go overboard.

I am sometimes a hard-head and have to experience things for myself before I become a believer, so just a note of my experience to be aware.

FightGirl Sat, Apr-26-03 10:49

Hi Moses,

I'm new here and actually saw your post as my "first"...I ran out yesterday to buy Xenadrine EFX as I have been in a stall for 5 weeks and thought I would give it a try.

I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

Did you take the recommended dosage when you started? I heard that people should take 1/2 and see how your body reacts...

Also, do you cycle it as take it every other day or off on weekends?

I hope this works. I have been faithful to the Atkins diet and I work out regularly (cardio, weights, and martial arts) and I have just hovered for 5 weeks...and I do admit, I am getting discouraged and thinking I am doing something wrong. I lost 8 pounds the first 4 weeks which was good but I am going nowhere...

And for anyone else, is the Asparame thing really true? Maybe I am sabotaging myself that was as I love Diet Coke with Lemon.

This is high science! ;)

Thanks!

katiegirl Sun, Apr-27-03 22:06

Analabeba I think we all really want to see your before and after pics!!!! I know you say you are shy, but we all could really use your encouragement and inspiration!!!

I am not sure about the Xenedrine stuff... I have been stalled for 3 weeks and I am trying the egg fast first. (eggs and fat only)

For those people that say they "just pop one after they've gained a pound or two" What do u mean? Do you just take a pill for a day or two and then stop? More info would be great.

Katie

Jaxx Sun, Apr-27-03 22:24

This all sounds very similar to the diet pills of the 60s & 70s...... They turned out to be full of Amphetamines or speed as its now known. I am far from an expert, but all the side effects (mild or not) + the weight loss sounds VERY much like speed...

Has any one asked any questions about this???

Megs Tue, May-06-03 20:18

Is Xenadrine safe to take while on Induction? I am very eager to lose a few extra pounds as I have a special engagement in 2 weeks time! Thanks for the info :wave:

Memphis260 Wed, May-07-03 09:14

STICK TO INDUCTION AND IF YOU FOLLOW IT THE WAY YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO, YOU WILL LOSE THE WEIGHT WITHOUT THE PILLS. HOPE THAT HELPS

wrongway Wed, May-07-03 15:14

interesting

Hi

I was just reading some of the posts. I was stalled for a few days worked out everyday . Then one night I went out for dinnerI had 4 times the amount of lettuce with this rather large chicken ceaser I had. During the next 2 days I was out of ketosis, went back to basics for those 2 days and on Monday when I was at the gym I was down another 2.5 lbs go figure. In the last 2 days I have been in the moderate stage of ketosis (strips) and haven't budged. So I think I might try this therory again and see if it works. Shock the system. I will get back to you later.

Cheers