Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Pennsylvania (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48481)

kevinpa Fri, Feb-10-06 11:17

Hi from the other side of the state.

jeanmarie Fri, Feb-10-06 12:13

Hi Kevin!

I have read a number of your post. You are a helpful person! I am going to try some of your recipes real soon!

Jeanny

liddie01 Thu, Apr-06-06 19:50

hi everyone!

I live in mount carmel, an hour from harrisburg

rodeo417 Mon, Apr-17-06 09:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxie19142
Hi, I'm from Philadelphia. Philly is the worst place for low-carbing-everything is carb filled. Hoagies, soft pretzels, waterice,cheese steaks. I'm getting the strangest looks when I go to the store asking for low-carb products. I'm also a south philly italian/irish girl -all meals are surrounded with carbs!! Does anybody know the best sites to order low carb products from? Or any stores where I may be lucky finding lowcarb products?
I would love to have some local PA buddies online. Support for a low carb diet is hard to find else where.

finally someone that understands what we in philly are going thru. its so hard to LC in this city. you have to take the buns off of your food. the portions are the size of my ass. its totally a fat city. and the only way some people see getting skinny is to get lipo. i jusr refuse to let someone cut me when i can lose it this way. :D

liddie01 Mon, Apr-17-06 09:42

I grew up and out right near Philly, It is really hard because the carbs in Philly taste better to me then the carbs anywhere else, :lol: we have eating to get fatter down to a science! I think about eating just the middle of a hoagie, or cheesesteak, but soft pretzels are out!

musicwoman Mon, Apr-17-06 18:06

New Neighbors!

Hey, Liddie! I am part of your walking challenge group and we're going to be neighbors! My family is moving to the Greencastle, PA area this summer. My husband got a job in Martinsburg, WV, and we really liked the high school in Greencastle. Rob has lived on the East Coast before, but this will be my first time. We spent Easter here and just had a blast cracking crabs in Baltimore, seeing sights in DC, PA, VA, MD & WV! I just think it's beautiful here. Anyway, we're back to Kansas tomorrow to finish the school year, pack the house up, sell it and get the heck outta dodge! Nice to know I have an East Coast buddie already! Let's vow to help each other see "less" of ourselves than before! :lol: See you in the walking forum and the PA forum. Drop by my journal if you get a chance. :wave:

rodeo417 Sat, Apr-22-06 21:26

hey do any of you use the coconut oil to help with the weight loss and add fat to your diet? i just ordered some and wanted your opinion on it

PollyL Fri, Jun-20-08 00:18

Enola, PA

Are you still low-carbing? If so, my regular email is pollyland ~ hotmail.com. Just getting started and looking for support.

gweny70 Fri, Jun-20-08 06:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PollyL
Are you still low-carbing? If so, my regular email is pollyland ~ hotmail.com. Just getting started and looking for support.

Welcome Polly!!! This is a place for support and inspiration!! Hope to see you around the boards! You are right across the river from myself here in Harrisburg!! Howdy neighbor!! :) Feel free to email me anytime at gweny70~hotmail.com! Have a GREAT day!!!!!!

moneka Sat, Oct-04-08 22:33

I'm from Bloomsburg. :)

poindexter Thu, Jan-22-09 13:27

I'm from Lakeville/Hawley/Tafton Area

MammaD10 Wed, Apr-01-09 08:38

Hi! Im from wilkesbarre/ scranton area.

capmikee Wed, Apr-01-09 09:12

I never saw this thread before! We're in Southwest Philly, right on the edge of University City.

I think it's getting easier to eat low-carb in Philly. We go to McCormick & Schmick's whenever we go out. I know, it's a chain, but right around City Hall on South Broad there's a ton of steakhouses so you can take your pick.

Nobody mentioned Tastykake in the list of carby Philly foods. My wife, a native Philadelphian, often laments that she'll probably never have a Tastykake again.

chelsea78 Thu, Apr-02-09 15:35

Hey, I'm from Philadelphia as well. Yeah, it's carb city here. I do like the fact that we seem to be getting more farmers markets in the summertime, and I really like the cage free eggs some of the growers sell.

capmikee Thu, Apr-02-09 15:43

We love Clark Park farmer's market!

We get most of our meat at Giunta's in Reading Terminal. Most of it's from feedlots, but he does have Eberle chicken. We know Charles pretty well and he gives us great deals. If you go there, say hi from Mike and Janine!