Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Lynn is turning in to a Butterfly. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=45757)

l_knierim Sat, Nov-23-02 21:18

Here is my work out plan...for the first 6 weeks..

I wanted to do BodyRX, but do not have the stuff. I do have a total gym. I think I can use the reps and rest time and the weight from the Body RX plan to use the TG.
Here is how I have it planed out. I will be doing cycle1, weekd 1-6 3working sets,4-6 resp each, 3 min. rest.

Day1 chest and Biceps
Seated Bench press
Butterflys, low and high
Seated curls
Laying curls
Preacher curls

Day 2 Back and Triceps
Kneeling kickbacks
Tricep extension
Shrugs
Seated high Pull

Day 3 Legs (done with only body weight for 6 wks)
Lungs
Squats(reg)
pile squats
Calf raises
kick ups

Day 4 Shoulder and Abs
Behind the head press
Front press
seated high pull
iron cross
Crunch
reverse crunch

I will do this work out for the next 6 weeks then move on to cycle 2 for 6 wks and so on. I will update what the weight will be later this week. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim Sun, Nov-24-02 20:55

I did yard work today.......

I did 2 hrs of raking leaves. I feel it in my back. I think that was a good work out for today. I will start my mod. Body Rx on Mon. Till later, Lynn

l_knierim Mon, Nov-25-02 12:37

week 1 day 1

WOW, that is how I feel. I still feel the raking leaves in my back even more today. I did my first BodyRx work out today. It was great, a little cold(I work out in my garage) but I made it throgh. I do not like the 3 min rest I think I may work abs or something during that time. I need to stay focused during the time down.
Here is what I did.:
all is 3 sets 6 reps and 53lbs unless noted

seated bench press( 6sets,6reps,53lbs)
low butter fly
high butter fly
seated curls
preacher curls

Iam not sure if I need to up my weight, I can barley do the last two reps, I make myself do them. I can really feel it in my abs, since on the total gym you have to use your abs to stabelize your self. BRING ON THE DOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well off to fitday. Till later Lynn.

adnil53 Mon, Nov-25-02 17:36

I know you are doing a different w/o than myself, but for my program I do only 15 sec rest periods, maybe that is something you could think about doing... it creates a very good w/o gets your heart up there to. And then if you don't want to do that, maybe just think about cutting down on the rest period to a point that makes it a little less boring to wait... just some suggestions... You are doing WONDERFULL!!!! Proud of you girl! Love ya... MOM

P.S. Did you mean you used 53 lbs for your w/o??? :confused: or was that a typo?

l_knierim Tue, Nov-26-02 12:45

The weight that I use..........

Iam lifting 53lbs for each rep and set.Like you use 5lbs weights Iam doing 53lbs. W

Well for cycle 1 it is a strength building cycle, I think that is why is the rest is so long.

Well I dii not do day 2 today I was way to sore from the raking and Mon. work out. But I will do day 2 on Wed.

Need to go post in my journal then back to work. Till later Lynn

l_knierim Sat, Nov-30-02 19:52

Wk 1 Day 2&3

Day 2 BACK AND TRICEPS

Triceps extentions, 1 set w/ 53lbs 2 sets w/ 42lbs all w/ 6 reps each

kneeling tri. extention 3 sets, 6reps each, 42 lbs
long pll, 3sets, 6 reps each, 42lbs
iron cross, 3sets, 6reps each, 42lbs
shrugs, 3sets, 6reps each, 42lbs

Day 3 LEGS
lunges
squats(reg)
pile squats
All 3sets, 6 reps each, with body weight.

I reached failure on the last 2 reps of each set. I made my self do the last 2 reps. I am soooooooooooo sore already. BRING ON THE DOMS. I love this. Till later , Lynn

l_knierim Mon, Dec-02-02 19:29

Iam still sooooo sore......................

I have not done my Wo yet Iam too sore to do anything. Even walking is hard, but I will be back at it on Tuesday. Till later, Lynn

adnil53 Mon, Dec-02-02 19:30

Gee... keep it up! Your doing GREAT!

Natrushka Mon, Dec-02-02 20:03

Lynn, just to let you know I moved your post from my gym log to the Nutrition / Supplements forum and replied to the best of my ability (which wasn't much ;) )

Nat

l_knierim Mon, Dec-09-02 18:39

I got my Body RX book.....

Hubby and I went to half price books and I got my Body RX hard cover for $9.98. Now I will have to read up on all the excersie stuff. Well off to do some heavy reading. Till later, Lynn

adnil53 Fri, Dec-13-02 22:46

Hi Lynn... hows the book coming along... I was thinking about you... hope everything is fine... Love you girl!

l_knierim Wed, Jan-08-03 19:33

I did it I did it...............

I just got done doing my WO. It feelt great. You know it is funny, I felt kinda blah before my WO now I feel GREAT!!!!!

Here is what I did.
Iam going to be do the BODYRX plan.
Today I did not do the rest time, I did not have the time.

all with 6 lbs weight and 6 reps and 4 working sets

chest press
incline press
flys
dumb bell curl
preacher curls(these really worked my bis, I squeased at the top)

I will do my day 2 On thursday night.
till later, Lynn

adnil53 Wed, Jan-08-03 20:57

Good going Lynn! Keep it up! :thup:

l_knierim Mon, Jan-13-03 05:03

BodyRX C1W1D1

Today is the first day of my first 6 week challenge. Iam doing the BodyRX plan for working out.

Day 1 Chest and Bi's 6reps each set w/ 3 min rest

Bench Press 1set 23lbs 6 reps each set w/ 33 min rest
2 sets 28lbs

Incline Bench Press 3 sets 28lbs 6 reps each set w/ 3 min rest

Flys 3 sets 33lbs 6 reps w/ 3 min rest

Bi curls w/ easy bar 3 sets 23 lbs 6reps no rest

preacher curls w/ easy bar 3 sets 23lbs 6 reps no rest

Iam not sure as to the days I will work out. I do know I will do day 3 on thurs or fri. since it is leg day and I know it will be hard to get around for a few days. I also know That I need to up my weights on all but the preacher curl . The other sets where to easy for me to finsh the first 6 reps. And if I understood the book It is supposed to be really hard for me to finish the last few reps. I will work on that this first week and see what I come up with. Well off to find some food. Till later Lynn

l_knierim Tue, Jan-14-03 15:37

Okay not really sure I understand........

Now for BodyRX the idea is to lift the weight as heavy as you can for the 6 reps with out bad form. Is that right? I know I do 6 reps 3 sets and 3 min rest. Now do I need to lift the heavist I can? And if you do lift that heavy is that the reason for the 3 min rest? Any help would be great. Till later, Lynn

p.s I hope you can understand what I am asking.