Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Main dishes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Bacon Cheeseburger Quiche (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=36103)

cwingrave Thu, Jan-20-05 13:53

This recipes sounds really good. I think I am going to try it.
Do you know exactly what the carb count it by chance????

pamelapurr Thu, Jan-20-05 15:27

I'd like to try making it- it sounds great, but what is Double cream?
Pam

lambykins Thu, Jan-20-05 18:03

I have every thing here for this one. I am going to make this tonight to take to work tomorrow. Can't wait to give it a try.

ferggie Fri, Jan-21-05 03:32

hi sweetie the carb count for this is recipe is Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 475 Calories; 41g Fat (77.0% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; hope this helps

Birddog Fri, Jan-21-05 08:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelapurr
I'd like to try making it- it sounds great, but what is Double cream?
Pam

My recipe calls have heavy whipping cream. I would guess that, that is what double cream is. Please correct me if I am wrong. :wave:

TVMichelle Fri, Jan-21-05 11:29

Hi, Ferggie - greetings from another Scotsman (Scotsperson?) - a McKenzie here! Looking forward to trying your recipe!

Michelle
P.S. I presume "minced beef" is what we would call "ground beef"...anybody else want to weigh in on this?

ferggie Sat, Jan-22-05 04:09

[CENTER]hi my friend yes minced beef is what you call ground beef and heavy cream is yes double cream you will enjoy this recipe oh and in the uk
2 TBS. dried chopped onion (i left this out and added a whole onion instead)

1/2 cup mayonnaise = 8 tablespoons
1/4 cup Double cream=4 tablespoons
enjoy.Linda

AmandaLynn Sat, Jan-22-05 15:27

i would really like to make this tommorrow but i dont have any cream. any suggestions on substitues?

TVMichelle Sat, Jan-22-05 23:25

You could use half and half, or milk, or plain yogurt, or sour cream. I think all of these would work just fine.

I made this tonight and my whole family (husband and teenage son) REALLY liked it! Easy, easy, easy! And good, good, good!
You could even turn this into a shepherd's pie by starting with a layer of veggies on the bottom, then the meat/egg/cheese, then topping it with mashed cooked cauliflower. Yum! I think I'll try that next week!

Michelle

mike505 Sun, Jan-23-05 03:53

I made this tonight, and it was great! You can't get "half and half" here, so I used cream, and it worked fine.

Quote:
You could even turn this into a shepherd's pie by starting with a layer of veggies on the bottom, then the meat/egg/cheese, then topping it with mashed cooked cauliflower. Yum! I think I'll try that next week!

I'll have to try this!

AmandaLynn Mon, Jan-24-05 17:14

also i suggest trying this with breakfast sausage.... yum!!!

i made something similar before this WOE with bread but i like the cheeseburger version 10 times better

josiekat Wed, Jan-26-05 08:49

I made this on Sunday. It was fabulous! Along with a nice green salad, it was perfect. Even my non-LCing DH loved it!

I would give it :thup: :thup: and will definately make it again.

Jiggerz Mon, Aug-22-05 11:10

I made it last night, a double batch, and we all loved it..yup, even my picky kids. We polished off one, and the other got divided up into plastic containers and put away so I'm covered for lunches this week. Thanks!

Scented1 Fri, Sep-09-05 06:51

This was my rendition I made yesterday

Taco Quiche
1 lb hamburger
1 small chopped onion optional
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped optional
4 eggs
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup half and half
8 oz shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
garlic powder(optional)
2 tablespoons Salsa
Chopped mild green peppers
Taco Seasoning

Brown hamburger with Taco Seasoning, I have a blend that I use that has no salt or sugar and onion. Mix in bacon. Press into the bottom of a deep dish pie pan.
Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well. Pour mixture over beef and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and set. Cool 15 -20 minutes before slicing.
Top with sour cream if desired (extra yummy)

This was awesome!

kevinpa Mon, Jan-02-06 11:59

Bumpity Bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda
Tried this recipe tonight and really enjoyed it. And have plenty leftover for tomorrow.

1 lb hamburger
1 small chopped onion
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
3 eggs
½ cup mayonnaise
½ cup half and half
8 oz shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
garlic powder(optional)

Brown hamburger with onion. Mix in bacon. Press into the bottom of a deep dish pie pan.
Combine remaining ingredients in mixer bowl and whip well. Pour mixture over beef and bake 40-45 minutes until top is browned and set. Cool 15 -20 minutes before slicing.
Apparently it does not freeze well. This makes 6 servings.

I ran it through Fitday and here are counts per serving:

Fat 39 grams
carbs 4
Protein 27.5
Calories 470

Hope you enjoy it!!

Glenda

I just made this for lunch and was impressed. Light and flavorful......with a great Quiche feel to it. :thup: