Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   100 hell - how about 200! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=31455)

ldypgmr Sun, Sep-01-02 20:02

May favorite things

This has been one of my favorite threads, so I thought I'd bring it back toward the top.

Has anyone seen or heard from William????

Dee

:wave:

amarise28 Mon, Sep-02-02 17:20

revive this thread!

:wave: hi there..PLEASE revive this thread..where oh where did everyone go? :spin: I ,sadly, too , have over 200 lbs to lose. my doctors scale said last week that i was 338...my scale at home said 319..so...either way...i've got a whole lotta extra me :o . i think we all really do need the support of those of us who understand the unique challenges those of us who are 100++++pounds over weight face everyday. i pray each of us finds the help we need and that God gives us the strength and joy to get to our goals. :rheart:-amarise

ldypgmr Mon, Sep-02-02 21:01

hello

Hi Amarise:

You can do this. I started at 325 pounds...It seems insurmountable at times...however slowly, day by day you can do this. Just don't cheat with the sweets and breads. Make sure you are completely off them.

Keep posting.

Dee

Luxsit Tue, Sep-03-02 16:51

Hi all,
Thought I'd say hi. There's a number of us 200+ folks out there. Hang in there, it's not easy but it's not impossible either. If you need help or encouragement just give a shout :)

Regards,
Lux :wave:

treiser Thu, Sep-05-02 07:54

HI - I am starting back on atkins today and could really use the encouragement! It seems as though I do so well for a couple of weeks and then fall off the wagon for a couple of weeks. This is driving me crazy!! I feel so insane when I'm not eating LC and yet I go back to my old ways. There are so many good qualities to the LC WOE, I feel better mentally and physically. In my heart I know that this is the WOL for me, so why oh why do I keep sabatoging it? This time I think it was the scale that put me over the edge - I hadn't weighed for a couple of weeks and thought I would weigh and see a big loss (always think it should be gone in a week), but instead I saw nothing - no weight loss and I just went back into the mind set that I was destined to be heavy all my life, or that I could control what I eat, just eat less and exercise - ha!! The problem with this, as I'm sure you can guess, is that the more carbs I eat, whether they are LF or not, the more I crave, the less I exercise, etc. Anyways . . . I've rambled on far too long - just asking that you think of me today as I start my journey again, as I will think of each of you and wish you the best!

Shark01 Thu, Sep-05-02 09:08

Tanya,
Sounds like you get bored after a couple of weeks LCing, and you break down and cheat. That used to be my problem as well until I learned how to cycle the LC diet with something else, in my case the CAD diet, which is still an LC type diet but allows you to have some of the things you crave. Basically, my diet cycle is:

2-3 weeks LC
1 week CAD
2 weeks LC
1 weekend splurge.......whooo hooo :doah:

It's great because I don't get bored anymore, I don't get tempted when someone brings in doughnuts because I have a planned break coming up, and I keep my body guessing so I don't stall.

Check my journal for more detail.........The Shark Tank :wave:

treiser Thu, Sep-05-02 11:39

Shark - Thanks for the advice, it looks interesting and you are right I do get bored - seems as though I can't think of anything new to eat after awhile. Do you have trouble going back on after your weekend off? It seems that when I do eat carbs I have a terrible time going back to LC and I feel like I'm going through withdrawls again.

Thanks,

Shark01 Thu, Sep-05-02 14:15

No, I don't have a hard time getting back on at all. It's like that deal where your Dad catches you smoking and locks you in a room with a pack of cigs and won't let you out until you smoke all of them. After eating a bunch of sugar for a couple of days, I feel so crappy I can't wait to get back on :thup:

amarise28 Mon, Sep-09-02 17:06

hi guys!

:wave: hi! so great to see people posting to this thread again. Dee..you are right..the sweets and the breads are deadly. congrats on your loss so far. i am still keeping faithful, despite the fact that i suffered a mortifying experience at work yesterday (the hideous details are in my journal..feel free to pop in..i have no pride left..i am now an open book :rolleyes: ) Anyway, maybe you all can understand. it is sometimes soooooo hard to get through a day 100++++ pounds heavier than the rest of the world.
hello to all of you and thanks for sharing. Lux, tanya, shark dee..maybe we could make this thread our own support group for those of us with a whole lotta LC days ahead of us. it might make the LONG SLOW journey more bearable :o
love and blessings to all of you-:rheart:-amarise

ldypgmr Mon, Sep-09-02 17:18

Don't worry, be happy

Hi Amarise:

Don't be sad over your embarassing situation....I don't want to let the cat out of the bag so to speak, however I know what you are going thru. I feel your pain. I still look....twice....before I sit, stand, move and even sometimes stand still. I don't have to tell you about the idiots who run into you and then say "sorry I didn't see you!".

Well, excuse me, the space shuttle can see my from their orbit! Why couldn't the idiot.

Smile....life it tooo short to stress the small stuff.

Dee

Luxsit Tue, Sep-10-02 02:39

Hey all,
Had a very ucky weekend. Spent most of it in Hospital. Had a Kidney stone. Had minor surgery Sunday Morning. Was discharged Sunday afternoon. While at Walgreens picking up Prescriptions, rationalized myself into a large Hershy bar w/almonds and a pint of ice cream. Things went down hill from there, went home, stepped on scale, picked up 10 pound in 72 hours. Had a major pity party, guilt trip, etc...

Well, Monday, went back to LC'ing. I have recognized that I have been through a fairly significant shock to my system. I would have preferred to have see weight change go in the other direction. Also, I have recognized that workouts for past three weeks, probably helped my body ovecome this stress more easily and helped me to be able to consider a light workout for Tuesday . At the Hospital I had a couple blood pressures around 210/100 during epidsodes of signficant pain. Body temperature was over 100 degrees at points. I took yesterday off work, but plan to go back today after short visit with Personal Physician. If I had not started taking better care of myself 5 weeks ago, I doubt I would have been back on my feet again so quickly.

Well, fell off the horse, time to hop back on and keep riding. Have a great LC week everyone.

Regards,

amarise28 Thu, Sep-12-02 20:15

hi there

hi luxe, :wave:
i hope you are feeling better :daizy:...and i soooo understand the temptation to "treat" myself..even though afterwards i feel like i'm back in the carb dungeons...yucky..bloated..miserable. i also can gain 10 lbs in a weekend. sad but true. dont get discouraged.
you are not alone. i personally find immense comfort knowing you all are out there, battling the same struggles as me every day.
i totally blew it yesterday..we had a black out and had to go out to eat and there was my excuse....of course it continued on through today cause i just wanted to "get rid of " the remaining carbs :rolleyes: ...so i am not feeling as good as usual. >>>>sigh<<<
well..tomorrow is another day.

hope you are all doing well.

dee- thank you so much for your encouragement.
it is nice to know others are not completely repulsed :eek: by my embarrassing moments. it sure was awful though. i wince just thinking about it. :o

blessings-:rheart:-amarise

Luxsit Fri, Sep-13-02 11:53

Hi folks,

I am doing much better thankyou. I was doing cardio yesterday and discovered I had a bit of bleeding. Called Doctor who says I am to stay away from Cardio workouts until he sees me on Monday. Better yet, from last Thursday to Sunday I had picked up 10 pounds. Number of factors but most was water gain. Well, I stopped taking any pain medication on Monday Morning and found myself whoooshing(numerous bathroom trips). Well on Wednesday I checked scale and I'd dropped 12 pounds, then this morning I checked again - and in absolute complete shock I was down another 10. So with a gross loss of 22 pounds and a net loss of 12, I have a very good week. Just wish I did not have to do the Kidney stone thing to get it.

Regards,

orchidday Sun, Sep-15-02 08:35

kidney stones

Hi Luxit! I was wondering, did you have the lithotrypsy procedure for your stones? I have had two of them and both of them when I lived in Denver. I drink water constantly and live in fear of getting them again. Glad you are feeling better. I have had a crappy cold all week and I know it is so hard to stick with it and be optimistic when you feel so bad. Hang in there! Cindi

committed Sun, Sep-15-02 11:25

I love this thread!

Just read through it. . .

When I got to about 300 (from 325) I started working with my doctor to lose weight. She really pushed exercise, which I understood. I started walking short walks and quickly worked up to at least a few miles daily. I saw her once a month. On the months I didn't lose, or gained a pound or two, she would grill me about exercise like she didn't believe me. Then she asked me what pace I walked. She told me I wasn't losing weight because I wasn't getting to an aerobic pace. I felt like she was being inappropriate and haven't seen her since.

I wish now that I had pointed out to her that when I walk, I am carrying 150 extra pounds. I wish I had reminded her of my advanced arthritis in my knees and right hip. I wish I had told her that for me each step was a test of my endurance and willpower that she would never understand. I wish I had said, imagining walking around at a fast aerobic pace carrying 150 pounds of butter.

I've lost more weight since then and I exercise more and more all the time. I am going to see her for an annual so she can order my annual mammography and I am going to mention what I feel is her bigotry towards fat people.

I just thought of another indignity: when she gave me a pelvic exam last year, she told me a few times during the exam that it was very difficult for her to check me out because my fat was in her way. I have been getting pelvic exams for thirty years and I have been fat through about twenty and no doctor has ever humiliated me about my fat during a pelvic.

Wait a minute. . . . why am I going back to her?! Well, I'm due for a mammo and it takes awhile to become a new patient with another doctor. But this next visit is going to be my last. And I'm going to recite her offenses.