Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NEW! Fat burning oil ... DAG oil (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=26364)

KEETO Fri, Aug-30-02 05:32

Healthy Econa Oil

:wave: Hi NIKKIEND, I have been using Healthy Econa Oil on a daily basis as a spritzer(I told trainerdan like a mazola spray). Like I said I would like 3 months to fully evaluate it. Premature findings show no gastric issues(like Olestra), no weight gain, and 0.5 percent body fat loss(although I can't say it's the Econa because I weight train regularly,and keep my fat grams under 15 a day,too strict really). I also have to tell you that when I started my bodyfat was 14.2, so I may achieve slower results. I will keep the forum updated. Since I am living in Okinawa I work with some Okinawans who have translated the "nutritional info". It is much easier to understand when they explain it. Any questions please ask and I will try to get them translated. I can offer it for less than normal because it is a personal transaction and use an APO/FPO address. Total cost would be approximatly 10.00 a bottle and would take about 6 months to a year to use if spritzed like I use it. If you HAVE to deep fry order two and seperate them. Of course, refrigerate. I will update as needed.

KEETO Fri, Aug-30-02 05:37

:roll: Sorry I forgot Evertything in moderation!! My Motto!!

KEETO Wed, Sep-11-02 11:22

healthy econa oil

so no inquires in 2 weeks?????????????????????? :confused:

nikkiend Wed, Sep-11-02 12:03

Keeto,
I'm still waiting for someone to reply who has used it long enough to say if it really works or not...

pegm Wed, Sep-11-02 18:45

I, too, am waiting to see if anyone has good results -- seems like I already spend so much on vitamins, protein powder, etc. that I don't want to buy anything unless I'm sure it works.

nikkiend Thu, Sep-12-02 06:17

Peg,
Amen to that one!

KEETO Mon, Sep-16-02 10:22

I see your point

I understand, I just wan :roll: ted to know if there were any thoughts or questions.

mojoKID Wed, Oct-30-02 18:11

Dag for frying

Can DAG Oil be used for frying ? Or just as a spray type oil, on salads, or sometimes my protein pancake recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of oil.

I hope you can fry with it, I'd rather not down it tablespoon style

ferrando Wed, Oct-30-02 19:51

Dag oil versus MCT Oil

I'm not sure why there is so much interest in DAG Oil when it's characteristics are just about the same as MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) Oil that has been around and used in hospitals for years. MCT oil digests primarily through the liver so it provides energy with minimal storage in adipose tissue.

MCT Oil is stable up to about 300 degrees Fahrenheit. I guess you could saute lightly with it, but it can be added to pancakes, and other batter based foods and smoothies.

This afternoon I did not have time to eat so I took 3 teaspoons straight (no taste but the feel of oil is kind of yucky). In a few minutes my hunger was gone and it's dinner time and I'm still not hungry.

If you can find Organic (un hydrogenated) coconut butter (I can hear the screams of terror, but read Dr. Mary Enig who debunks with real science the propaganda put out mainly by the hydrogenated soy oil lobby), it is the best thing for frying. It has a very high burn temperature, you need less of it than regular oil, it has only 7 instead of 9 calories per gram (negligible) and it is almost 1/2 MCT Oil. So about half the Coconut butter you eat will give you nearly instant energy and will not end up added to your adipose tissue.

By the way, when you eat MCT Oil the liver converts it to energy by creating ketones. Some people reckon that if you are keep carbs in check that MCTs can trigger ketosis when your body may be resisting. I don't use Keto sticks any more, but someone might want to test this.

Ferrando.

mojoKID Wed, Oct-30-02 20:07

Thanks Ferrando,

I will take your advice, however I just purchased 3 bottles of DAG oil, so I will run through those first and then give them MCT a try. I think I bought it before without realizing it, when I first started doing low-carb / keto, I bought a lot of low carb stuff, one was keto butta, and I thought it was gonna be like regular butter, but it was an oil, I think I have it still somewhere.

Is this the same thing or is it an MCT, if so I guess I can try that first!

Ryan

ferrando Wed, Oct-30-02 20:46

Keto Buttah

Hi Ryan:

I've never tried Keto Buttah but immediately looked it up after you mentioned it. It is flavoured MCT Oil. Somebody else also makes an orange (yuk) flavoured version.

MCT Oil itself has no taste at all, so my approach is to add it to my low carb pancakes, low carb breads, and also to mix it with other oils to give it a flavour.

Also we need certain fats in our diet. The Essential Fatty Acids like flax oil and fish oils are an absolute must. Also what would life be without a bit of olive oil dribbled over feta cheese. I mix the best virgin olive oil I can find with 50% MCT Oil. The MCT oil prevents the Olive oil from going granular in the refrigerator and there's enough flavour in the Olive to make the MCT Oil quite pleasant. I also mix MCT oil in the blender with regular creamery butter. I use about 60% MCT and 40% butter. The resulting "spread" is very spreadable at refrigerator temperature and melts at room temperature. It's a better flavour than artificial butter flavour. On low carb diets a little butter will not hurt us as long as we don't go overboard and as long as our main fats are from the Omega 3 and 6 families.

Good luck with the DAG Oil and let us know if it does something that MCTs don't do. There's always room for improvement.

Ferrando

KEETO Sun, Nov-17-02 05:36

Healthy Econa Oil

Actually the version sold here in Japan CAN be used safely in frying. I am proud to report as a bodybuilder since starting my stint w/ Healthy Econa Oil I have gone from 14.2% bodyfat to 12.6% bodyfat(no other changes have been made) . I have only used it as a spray so the way I see it, the possibilities are endless. That is my personal prognosis, try it at your own risk.

V/R,
Keeto

instynct99 Wed, Nov-20-02 10:08

DAG

KEETO--

would you be so kind as to contact me via e-mail at instynct999~yahoo.com in regards to DAG oil

i have a question or two and would like if possible to purchase through you

many thanks/instynct

emat Wed, Nov-20-02 13:37

DAG oil

Hi Keeto,
If I read correctly a while back, you mentioned you try to keep your fat intake to 15g or lower...I'm assuming you are eating low carb, so what are you eating to make up all of those additional calories?? What do you think your nutrient composition is like? Just curious...I'm new to the low carb world
thanks! :)

instynct99 Wed, Nov-20-02 15:25

btw i am sure you could tell anyway, but that e-mail is instynct999~yahoo.com

i also have access to some great fat loss products at low!! prices so we can discuss that if interested

thanks