Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Lisa's Quest (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=22665)

Natrushka Thu, Nov-01-01 20:02

Quote:
Originally posted by lisaf
hate how the federal government conducts job competitions in this country - there is no subjectivity at all - the interview is entirely scored based on right/wrong answers so someone who doesn't fit the organization but has all the right answers may very well get the position. Not to mention it can take over 6 months just to hire someone. Venting off.

Got one better for you, Lisa. It can take them up to 10 months to pay you your substantive salary once they have hired you. u-n-r-e-al-l :rolleyes:

Nat

lisaf Fri, Nov-02-01 07:25

Nice to see I'm not alone!!

Didn't work out this a.m. - I somehow convinced myself in my sleepy haze that I HAD worked out on Wednesday (hadn't) and that it would okay to make today a rest day. Amazing how I can delude myself at 5 a.m.! Well, fortunately, I'll be able to run tomorrow a.m. to compensate.

Lisa

lisaf Sat, Nov-03-01 19:24

If I can't just yell and scream??? I HAD THE MOST AWESOME WORKOUT TODAY!!!!

Yelling over.

Okay - I ran at 5:20 this morning did over 32 minutes (not sure how long over since I forgot to restart my timer at one point) with two hill repeats at the end. I added a loop to kill time towards the end ... when I drove it later today it was 5 kms! When I started running in August I didn't figure I'd be able to run that far until spring...okay, so maybe I was being a bit of an underachiever in that regard, but it felt "safe" Today is the first day I've ever managed to comfortably go over 3 km.

Well...now I have something else to live up to!

Gave a great weekend!

Lisa :roll:

numberonewendy Sat, Nov-03-01 20:26

My God, I'm amazed, I only do 15 mins on the treadmill and that's enough for me. You go girl....what a shock that would be for me too.

Your doing wonderful!

GO AHEAD....YELL....LOL

grrlpwer Sat, Nov-03-01 20:27

Lisa you are turely awesome girl :)
how long have you been on this WOL and LC?
right now i walk 2 miles a day and i just pray one day i am able to run it :D

lisaf Sun, Nov-04-01 13:43

Thanks guys - I admit I'm still totally psyched about ... though my run today took me down a peg as you will see below.

grrlpwer - I've been LC'ing since early June (11th I think) and working out since June 25th. Its my third attempt to lose the weight but the first time I've done exercise to see if it keeps me honest. So far, its been great! Not to mention all the great support here. Keep up the walking! Its much easier on the body than running and a very effective way to gain endurance. I would walk but I tend to get lazy and slow down...can't do that when running...can only go so slow!

7:07 am - ran/walked 25 minutes - about 3 kms. Very tired...probably still tapped out after yesterday. Planning a short run for tomorrow then rest day on Tuesday.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...I'm at work :mad: and this is my little break for myself.

Lisa

lisaf Tue, Nov-06-01 08:20

5:20 am - Ran 2 kms (21 min with 3 minute cool down) - empty stomach.

Lisa

lisaf Wed, Nov-07-01 09:49

5:15 - 29 minute run with 3 minute cool down. Approx. 3 kms.

Tired this week - not sure if its weather, work, metabolism, or what! I'd love to know why I'll have great run one day, and the next I feel like I'm dragging my heels. Doesn't make me feel particularly fit though!

L.

Natrushka Wed, Nov-07-01 10:02

Maybe you need a few days off, Lisa? I've noticed that when I'm sidelined for a few days (travelling, sick etc) getting back at it is a sheer joy. If you cant do 'nothing' for a few days, try something else, a long walk, some aerobic housecleaning, how about some power shopping for christmas ;)

Nat

lisaf Wed, Nov-07-01 10:08

Hmmm...food for thought - I do enforce a strict two days off per week rule. And I find that the first day back after a rest day is often quite hellish...this object at rest likes to remain at rest I guess!

Here is my vision of aerobic housecleaning...me, dressed in bicycle shorts, top and bandana (a la I love Lucy) - bopping around to some of the really bad 80's music (Pointer Sisters seems to come to mind)...vacuum in hand.

Not that I houseclean!

I've considered cutting back on exercise, but the thought makes me panicky. What if I start gaining weight...what if cutting back becomes quitting and then I start sliding on the WOE too? Nonsensical I know, but these are definitely on my mind.

Natrushka Wed, Nov-07-01 10:11

Just curious, have you read PP? I know you stopped working out with weights in an effort to increase your running; maybe going the other way for a while would be a good compromise? The Eades recommend the weight training to increase metabolism and high intensity micro bursts of aerobic training to lose weight and increase lean muscle mass. (That weight lifting page you posted in Exercise mentioned it too).

N

lisaf Wed, Nov-07-01 11:42

Hi Nat -

I've scanned PP but I would like to read it one of these days. There were a couple of reasons for dropping the weight training...I was starting to get really tired at work because the only time I had was at 7:30 and I found it was seriously compromising my productivity (also my best "thinking" time) ... and the running thing. There's also a motivation factor here. I wasn't enjoying the weight training as much either. I am planning to give it another try, and go easier on myself, in January.

lisaf Thu, Nov-08-01 06:43

5:20 - ran 27 minutes on empty stomach - 3 hill repeats...now I'm tired!!!

Good run today ... go figure!

Lisa

Natrushka Sun, Nov-11-01 18:30

Happy Birthday Toots!!!!! sure hope you took the day off today ;)

:Party: :bday: :Party:

Nat

P.S. I will never forget today's your bday. (no, not because It's Rememberance Day, because It's my sister's bday too) ;)

lisaf Sun, Nov-11-01 18:42

Thanks Nat! What a fabulous surprise! I did, in fact, take the day off (yesterday and the day before too). Had a fairly serious fall off the wagon on Friday night. A coworker decided to see what happens when I drink and bought me a gin and ginger (okay - I agreed that I needed to cut loose a bit). It was wonderful...though I admit that I no longer see it as gingerale diluting the effects of the alcohol, but rather the alcohol diluting the carbs... :daze: Of course, I subsequently ended up eating a pile of french fries with ketchup.

Oh well, I'm back on now...and made myself the wonderful Vancouver Cheesecake (I want to move to BC and marry Karen, now).

Thanks again!!!

Lisa