Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Low-Carb Products (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   CARBQUIK BAKE MIX (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=213193)

argo2d Wed, Oct-13-04 22:36

if you haven't bought it yet, dont buy it!!! they are coming out with a 3lb box that will be better bang for the buck for those of us on a budget!! it will be available in the next few weeks!

jedswife Fri, Oct-15-04 09:56

hey guys! this stuff is great. i made real fried chicken tenders and garlic cheese biscuits last night. everybody even hubby liked it.

i am going to make the brownies today.

my husband wants to use it to make apple crisp he like the consistency so much and he does not lc.

jimsbride Fri, Oct-15-04 11:06

jedswife,

got a recipe for your chicken and bisquits??? Sounds deliciousmundo~!~~~~

jedswife Fri, Oct-15-04 11:13

i used the recipes on the box. i'll see if i still have it at home later. you can find them on their site carbquik.com. if not there is link listed prev. in this thread for the lcfriends site that has many carbquik recipes.

i am shamelessly taking the box i gave my mom back - i'll order more for her and me.

the recipes are pretty easy - nothing unusual the only difference for instance in the carbquik garlic cheese biscuits and regular bisquick garlic cheese biscuits is you have to cut butter into the carbquik - no big deal.

i also cant wait to make dumplings - you really should read the link i mentioned they have chef greg who gives lots of tips and recipes/conversions.

mammac-5 Fri, Oct-15-04 18:57

Just got mine UPS today. Made pancakes for dinner -- something my non-LC hubby was really missing. They were great! Although now I have a "lump" in my belly...could've gulped 'em down a little too fast.

Going to make a sugar-free birthday cake for my type-II diabetic dad this weekend.

steph z Sat, Oct-16-04 09:28

I just made the most incredible scones today. This product is the perfect mix for scones.

shannon402 Wed, Oct-20-04 14:42

Here is a link to Low Carb Flour without leaveners

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica020
I love carbquik. So far I've made the copycat red lobster biscuits, cheeseburger impossible pie (bisquick recipe), and I am hoping to make pancakes soon. What I'd really like is if the company would sell a flour, without the added leaveners, salt, and fat, so I could use it in any recipe calling for flour-without having to adjust the salt/fat/leavenings. But it's still a great product and it seems less expensive than some of the yucky soy bake mixes :)

Check out this site for Low Carb Flour without leaveners

http://www.lowcarbdietchefs.safeshopper.com/

jedswife Thu, Oct-28-04 14:06

steph z - what is your recipe for scones using the carbquik?

i love this stuff.

steph z Fri, Oct-29-04 15:36

I always improvise my recipes (I seldom measure, too), and found a recipe for scones doing a google search for scones. Then I replaced the flour with the Carbquik and added about 2/3 of the requested baking powder (figuring Carbquik has baking powder in it).

I will search to see if I kept the print out of the recipe and if I do I will enclose it. Sorry!!

alrightguy Sun, Oct-31-04 03:02

My sister and I made the BEST LC pizza with Carbquick! OHMYGOODNESS! We tried the white pizza recipe found on the box - it was really dry, but our second time around we decided to just add our own LC goodies (pepperoni,lots o' cheese, chicken, mushrooms, and the carb options spaghetti sauce) WOW.....Pizza was my biggest high carb weakness, not anymore! The pancakes (w/ Walden Farms Syrup) are awesome too! I found Carbquick at our local Kroger grocery store - $4.99 a box.

steph z Thu, Nov-11-04 22:14

Pie Crust recipe

2 cups Carbquik
1/4 - 1/2 cup of lard or short.
3 TBS (or as needed) ice cold water

Combine ingredients till coarse, add water, kneed for 5-7 minutes. Wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hr.in the refrigerator.

It actually worked (unlike the other mixes) :thup:

teddymom1 Fri, Nov-12-04 10:17

Does anyone know if this has arrived in Canada yet - Edmonton and surrounding area specifically?? I'd love to try this! But I'm going down to Disneyland in December - hopefully I can pick it up down there.
Sue

steph z Fri, Nov-12-04 17:02

check out the www.carbalose.com website where to find it in Canada. yes it is here. :D

argo2d Fri, Nov-12-04 21:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddymom1
Does anyone know if this has arrived in Canada yet - Edmonton and surrounding area specifically?? I'd love to try this! But I'm going down to Disneyland in December - hopefully I can pick it up down there.
Sue

doesnt work that way!! its not even avalible retail everywhere in the US yet. only netrition and another site have it -- although that other site IS in canada so you shouldn't have any problems:

http://www.tovaindustries.com/Carbalose/locations.html

rrosser Sun, Nov-14-04 22:05

Carb Quick is the best LC product I've ever tried. I'm a IDD and it has never raised my BGL whatsoever. The taste is fantastic. So far I've made the rolled and drop biscuits, Impossible Chocolate Cream and Coconut pies and pancakes. Delicious!

Do a search on the Bisquik recipes and you can find tons of them to convert.

To the person who wrote "The pancake recipe has too much butter for me so I'll cut that down next time" the way it reads it sounds as if you are supposed to add the stick of butter to the batter, but that is wrong as per Chef Greg. The stick of butter is for buttering them only.