Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Challenge The FIRM Challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=212726)

JamesBlond Tue, Oct-19-04 09:03

Got in my Upper Body workout yesterday and the bike ride from hell. My measurements are going to show it THIS week for sure!! Let's do this thing! Tonight is Standing Legs (UGH...insert dread w/ a capital D here) and Day1 of abs. No run tonight; weather here is icky.
~Blond~

ljw32 Wed, Oct-20-04 07:11

I must say I finally got back on track- did body sculpt today- I am out of shape! I could still use the 5-8-10 lb weights though so not as bad as I thought. I will measure tomorrow but don't expect much difference since I have only done this 2 x in the past week. A 1 lb loss though!

JamesBlond Wed, Oct-20-04 08:06

Very nice Lisa! Keep up the good work :) Whether you do it once a week or 5x, you are doing more than if you were doing nothing, right??

Got in 3/4 of the Standing Legs last night and Day1 of abs. Feeling good, feeling thin, but time will tell ;)
Did the abs first and that seemed to help. Not only did I have more energy, but it also helped warm me up. Made the leg video easier. I always skip the warm up part :rolleyes:
Tonight is Upper Body, Day2 and KILLER bike ride

Stay strong girlies!
~Blond~

chiefeagle Wed, Oct-20-04 08:50

Walked my 3 miles last night in the sprinkling rain no less. :agree: Carla (friend who I walk with) will be on the deer hunt this weekend so no 3 mile walk together on Friday or Sunday. I'm gonna aim towards 3 miles on the treadmill. Did my aerobics this a.m and my abs.
James :wave: you need to warm up its not good for your muscles when you don't. You may strain something.
I think we all agree with James even if we only do 1 workout a week its better than nothing. :D
Keep up the good work girls
Later

Magpies Wed, Oct-20-04 12:58

I agree warm ups and cool downs are very important. Did my exercises this morning and played badminton this afternoon but just couldn't face going out dancing tonight - I need to sit in front of TV and vegetate!! I'm so tired I posted this first in completely the wrong thread!

JamesBlond Thu, Oct-21-04 08:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie
I'm so tired I posted this first in completely the wrong thread!
LOL. Too funny. Been there done that. Looks like your exercise is paying off though; first set of sexy knickers!
Hey FIRM chicks-
Made all of my workout except the bike ride; there were torrential rains here and 90m/h winds...;) JK, but it WAS raining and too hard for me to feel comfortable on a bike. People forget how to drive here! I'm affraid I'd end up thinner due to decomposition! Did the Upper Body, Day2 and the remainder of my Leg workout and then VEGGED. Watched Boston kick the crap out of the Yankies :cheer:
GO RED SOX!!!
Any-who, off to work. Till Later,
Blond

chiefeagle Thu, Oct-21-04 12:35

Hey fellow Firmers
I didn't do any work out this morn. I couldn't seem to get myself out of bed :o . I stayed up and watched the late news cause of the DAMN baseball game like anyone watches baseball anyway. JK James ;)
So I ended up not going to bed until 11 and I have to have at least 7 1/2- 8 hours of sleep.
I did measure myself this morn and weighed. I just realized this morning that my scale is broke I weighed myself 5 x's and I weighed a different amount 4 x's. So I'm averaging:
182 lbs
Chest: 36
Waist: 31 3/4
Hips: 39 1/2
Upper Thigh: 22 1/4
Lower Thigh: 17 1/4
Knee: 15
Calf: 14
Ankle: 8 1/2
Arm: 11 1/2
Forearm: 9 1/4
Wrist: 6
I haven't gained which is a good thing. Now if I could only stick to the exercise regimine. :hyper:
Keep up the good work fellow Firmers
Later

Magpies Sat, Oct-23-04 06:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpies
Did my 10th Sky Aerobics routine this morning, 14th October.
(Upper thigh, lower thigh, knee, calf, ankle)
L 29; 18.5; 16; 15.5; 10
R 28; 18; 16; 15; 10

Finished second set of 10 - 23rd October
Legs now:
L 29; 19; 16;15.5; 10
R 28; 18; 16; 15; 10

Almost exactly the same as last time, bar half inch increase on left lower thigh. Oh well, better luck with the next 10!

ljw32 Sat, Oct-23-04 06:38

Did the cardio blast tape Friday- 30 mins plus I added 12 leg presses for each leg. I did measure and no change but really dodn't expect much as I have only been back on track exercise wise the past few days. My weigh has stayed the same for 2 weeks! Maddening!! Of course TOM doesn't help so I am blaming it on that! I am determined to stop being obsessed by the scale and wait 2-3 days to weigh. My exercise buddy- Liv2Big- must have drank the water in Mexico- she has a parasite- so she will be down for a while. Said she is feeling a bit better today and said at least she'll lose weight but really- not the way you want to! She was almost admitted w/dehydration, and I told her it is good she went to the Dr thinking it was the flu bc sometimes people are sick for months and just think its the flu, and if the dr doesn't know where you've been he won't test for it!

SO- I am tempted to exercise today but being Saturday probably won't!

Have a good weekend all!

Magpies Sat, Oct-23-04 10:31

[QUOTE=ljw32] My exercise buddy- Liv2Big- must have drank the water in Mexico- she has a parasite- so she will be down for a while. Said she is feeling a bit better today and said at least she'll lose weight but really- not the way you want to! She was almost admitted w/dehydration, and I told her it is good she went to the Dr thinking it was the flu bc sometimes people are sick for months and just think its the flu, and if the dr doesn't know where you've been he won't test for it!

QUOTE]

Sounds horrid - hope she is feeling better soon.

Give in to the temptation, you now you want too!:devil: :devil: :devil:

Magpies Sat, Oct-23-04 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw32
Did the cardio blast tape Friday- 30 mins plus I added 12 leg presses for each leg. I did measure and no change but really dodn't expect much as I have only been back on track exercise wise the past few days. My weigh has stayed the same for 2 weeks! Maddening!! Of course TOM doesn't help so I am blaming it on that! I am determined to stop being obsessed by the scale and wait 2-3 days to weigh. My exercise buddy- Liv2Big- must have drank the water in Mexico- she has a parasite- so she will be down for a while. Said she is feeling a bit better today and said at least she'll lose weight but really- not the way you want to! She was almost admitted w/dehydration, and I told her it is good she went to the Dr thinking it was the flu bc sometimes people are sick for months and just think its the flu, and if the dr doesn't know where you've been he won't test for it!

Sounds horrid. Hope she is feeling better soon.

Give in, you know you want to! :devil: :devil:

ljw32 Sun, Oct-24-04 06:59

Didn't work out yesterday but did fold a lot of laundry and work around the house- I am planning to do cardio sculpt later today- kids will be at a bday party- so no interruptions!
Liv is doing somewhat better- said she has been able to keep some food down but still feeling odd!!

JamesBlond Tue, Oct-26-04 08:17

Last night was KILLER bike ride and that was it. No time for the regular Upper Body (making Halloween costumes and have put myself on a tight schedule...) and by the time I went to bed (2300) was too tired to remember Day4. Oh well.

No activities planned for tonight as SO and I are going to a continuing education dinner for work. The dinner is at Flemings, which is a steak house, so there should be good food choices available.

Keep up the good work FIRM chicks! :D
Blond~

chiefeagle Tue, Oct-26-04 12:35

Finally after 3 days of slacking :help: , I worked out this morning. I did my light workout of arms and chest with weights, and until just this moment I realized I forgot my push-ups oops :bash: . The DH was asking me questions. I had to remind him I was exercising :nono: .
Anyway, keep up the good work!
FIRM chickies

Magpies Tue, Oct-26-04 16:25

No exercise routine today but did manage an hour's gardening this morning and over an hour's fencing tonight.