Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Breakfast Ideas (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Egg Crepes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=205369)

D_Aphrael Sat, Apr-28-12 12:02

Just had a variation on this for my dinner, added the sugar and cinnamon straight to the batter with a little cream cheese. Served with leftover stewed rhubarb from yesterday.

I'm seriously in low-carb heaven right now, wouldn't have believed these didn't have flour in if I hadn't known and seriously satisfied my sweet tooth and my appetite.

deb34 Tue, May-01-12 07:31

I hope you didn't really use sugar- the evil beast!!! gasp, gasp! :)

D_Aphrael Wed, May-02-12 17:44

I promise it was sweetener, obviously my tastebuds couldn't taste the difference though :p

slip of the fingers there

bigoledude Sun, Dec-30-12 00:10

I made a delicious white sauce with shrimp, crab and fish using sweet red peppers, caramelized onion, lots of garlic and a little crushed red chile pepper. A very little bit of fresh green-onion sausage cooked with the veggies added another rich flavor to the sauce. I filled the crepes with this mixture and then poured some over the top of the rolled-up crepes also. I'm tellin ya!

Jhimson Wed, Feb-06-13 20:50

Mouth Watering ...cause syrup..makes the food flavorful.. :yum:

terrieb01 Sun, Mar-06-16 18:58

Delicious

I tried these for the first time yesterday...very delicious and satisfying! Thank you!

Cthebird Fri, Oct-21-16 08:27

I wanted this to really work and taste good, but I must say they tasted too eggy for my taste. I was hoping the cream would have softened the egg taste, but it didn't. But I used the oil instead of butter. Who knows, maybe the butter would have helped. Anyway, I had a hard time turning them without them ripping so they looked like a mount of scrambled eggs. I did put the cinnamon/Truvia on them like I do with regular crepes, and it didn't seem to be a good match. Honestly, catsup would have been better. I think for good crepes one really needs to add some flour, unfortunately. But of course not everyone may see this the same way as me.

BobbieLee Mon, Aug-06-18 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthebird
I wanted this to really work and taste good, but I must say they tasted too eggy for my taste. I was hoping the cream would have softened the egg taste, but it didn't. But I used the oil instead of butter. Who knows, maybe the butter would have helped. Anyway, I had a hard time turning them without them ripping so they looked like a mount of scrambled eggs. I did put the cinnamon/Truvia on them like I do with regular crepes, and it didn't seem to be a good match. Honestly, catsup would have been better. I think for good crepes one really needs to add some flour, unfortunately. But of course not everyone may see this the same way as me.

maybe a TBS or so of almond or coconut flour will help with the consistency and flavor?? I haven't tried these yet, but they are on my "to do" list. :yum: