Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   I LOST 105# IN 1 YEAR AND STILL LOOSING! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=20301)

Ka3n Thu, Nov-01-01 15:35

Happy Birthday Jose. Hope you have a wonderful LC celebration today! :bday:

bellablue Sat, Nov-03-01 16:11

This thread gives me re-inspiration! Congratulations, Jose! :wave: :daze: :wave: ~~bella

gecolon Sun, Nov-11-01 13:55

:wave: Felicidades hermano!

From one Boricua to the other, one question: What did you eat? How did you get along at parties and during the upcoming Christmas season? You know rice and gandules, potatoe salad, coquito, PASTELES (my weakness), bacalao with vianda, empanadas(pastelillos),mofongo..... I could go on and on. Any suggestions on creole food that I could replace these things with? Soccoro papito.

Cheryl R Sun, Nov-11-01 18:49

AWESOME!!!!

What an inspiration. I can't wait to see those results on me. You must have so much energy now. Oh, you make me want to do it too.

josevega Wed, Nov-14-01 14:58

ANSWERS IN CAPS

Felicidades hermano!
THANKS
From one Boricua to the other, one question: What did you eat?
CHICKEN PORK, CHICHARRONES, LAMB,GOAT,OCTOPUS,TOMATOES,ONIONS,SALSAS,CHIKEN BURGUERS, BEEF, CORNED BEEF,SAPPER FISH,TUNA FISH, SARDINES ALMOST ALL KIND OF CHEESE, EGGS,BACON

How did you get along at parties and during the upcoming Christmas season? You know rice and gandules, potatoe salad, coquito, PASTELES (my weakness), bacalao with vianda, empanadas(pastelillos),mofongo.....

I HAD TO KEEP OFF THEM...
I could go on and on. Any suggestions on creole food that I could replace these things with? Soccoro papito.

IS EASY AS LONG YOU LEARN TO QUANTIFY AND ACCEPT THIS PROGRAM NOT AS A "DIET" BUT AS A NEW WAY OF EAT

THE CRITICAL THIN IS TO LEARN HOW TO QUANTIFY CARBO CONTENT...
I HAVE A SPEADSHEET THAT CAN HELP YOU IN THIS MATTER
IF INTERESTED PLEASE WRITE TO billarista~hotmail.com
Thanks

gecolon Thu, Nov-15-01 10:22

Thanks for your reply. I guess I am headed on the right track, because I have accepted this as my new way of life (and I am happy eating like this) that is why I am going through typical foods that I like and making low carb substitutes. Last week I made pastelon with squash instead of platanos. It was delicious and tasted close to the real thing.:)

josevega Thu, Nov-15-01 11:32

Disculpa mi ignorancia que es squash....?
puedes darme la receta???
gracias
jose

gecolon Thu, Nov-15-01 16:08

Squash es calabaza. I made it with calabaza (or squash) picadillo (cook ground beef,olives,recaito,sazon,&adobo until browned) Slice the calabaza like platanos, fry them, layer the casserole with slices of calabaza and picadillo and cheese, then top off with 2 beated eggs. It will come out perfect, because the taste is right on point. :)
Do you know the carb. content for green bananas, platanos or for any of the roots like yami? I'm going to check the usda site to see if they have it listed.

gecolon Thu, Nov-15-01 17:17

Well, I checked the carb content of yami, platanos, and banana's forgeta bout it.

josevega Tue, Nov-27-01 18:00

Mi Hermano! me rompe el coco pensar en ese pastelon de calabazas..

me puedes dar la receta????

José :wave:

josevega Tue, Nov-27-01 18:03

Disculpa ... Ya me diste la receta...\
lo que necesito saber es si calculaste la cant de carbo q tiene ese pastelon...

Ok

gecolon Wed, Nov-28-01 12:05

Pues, la calabaza q yo use era summer squash y en una taza solo hay 4.90 de carbos.(7.158 total carb. 2.252 fibra)
la carne molida 0 carbos. (hay q usar mas carne q normal, como no queremos tanto carb :) )
el recaito pues yo use 2Cuch. = 2 grams
un sobre de sazon y adobo al gusto
2 juevos 1.22
Acetunas 1/4 taza = 0.432

por un total de: 8.163

Yo comi esto para dos dias (la cena una noche y el almuerzo el proximo dia). No tan malo eh?

Buen provecho!

Gina-

newf Sat, Dec-08-01 16:17

Hola Jose,

Lo siento, si mi español es no muy bueno.

Felicitaciones con su éxito de la dieta !!

Espero hacer tan bien como usted lo hizo.

Respetos,

Craig

Cher Fri, Dec-21-01 15:55

Awesome Results Jose

Wow! It was really fun to see the results of your efforts...how encouraging for all of us. Thak you for sharing your success! You look great!

agonycat Sun, Dec-23-01 06:38

I just love before and after pictures!

You look fantastic Jose! Congrats on your continued weight loss and much success to reaching your goal!