Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ottawa area (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=19040)

canamer Sun, May-26-02 16:45

Laura's Pics

If you haven't checked out Laura's pics - GO LOOK!

Great pics Laura! Congratulations on your progress!

Kati

Natrushka Sun, May-26-02 19:21

Re: stores

Quote:
Originally posted by waydown
another healthy store in Orleans...called Pantry Plus....got my almond flour there.

FYI, all bulk barns in the Ottawa area carry almond flour (ground almonds) at a very good price. The best place to find macadamia nuts is Costco/Price Club.

Nat

tofi Sat, Jun-01-02 08:30

Hello Laura and welcome to this board. (We actually met when I was in Ottawa to work one summer, as we had become acquainted on another LC board.) It's wonderful to see you here too - I am sure you'll enjoy it and can contribute a lot. You are doing well with maintaining the big loss you had. And I can testify that you looked GREAT when I met you in Ottawa. (Nice husband, too.)

BarB

ljclowater Thu, Jun-06-02 15:09

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'm not here often, but wander in from time to time. Tofi, Manny and I really enjoyed meeting you last year, thanks for the vote of support on my maintenance.... now, if I was only trying to maintain and not lose, I would be doing a happy dance!

Bonnie, thanks for the F'ton welcome, how are things down home? Hubby and I have to go to Shediac for a wedding end of July and will be getting a chance to stop at home and see the family.

Bonnie Fri, Jun-07-02 05:42

RE: Freddy Beach

Quote:
Originally posted by ljclowater
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'm not here often, but wander in from time to time. Tofi, Manny and I really enjoyed meeting you last year, thanks for the vote of support on my maintenance.... now, if I was only trying to maintain and not lose, I would be doing a happy dance!

Bonnie, thanks for the F'ton welcome, how are things down home? Hubby and I have to go to Shediac for a wedding end of July and will be getting a chance to stop at home and see the family.

Laura...we are wondering here if summer is going to make an appearance :) ....the weather has been cool and rainy...great for the gardens and mosquitos...as you know one day all of a sudden presto we will be in the nineties... :thup:...have a great time in Shediac and don't eat too many lobsters :D...by the way your pics are great :thup: you go girl ;)

Bonnie

bearbear Mon, Jun-17-02 15:49

Hi there! Ottawan here :)

Hi Techgirl

I too am a tech girl - a system's analyst - and live in Hull.

How is the low carb plan going ???

I am awaiting a tests for hypothyroidism and will be starting Atkins next week.

Take care
Linda :roll:

BigJ Sun, Jun-23-02 08:35

Another Ottawa folk checking in. Been in Ottawa for 6 years now, and lived in PEI before that.

I've been looking for good LC products here in Ottawa and have had little luck.. Anyone know where to pick up Atkins suppliments in town?

Also there is a little suppliment shop in the Merivale Mall that has a nice selection of Low-carb bars.. No Atkins, but some tasty ones. Try the Raspberry Swirl one! It kinda tastes like a jujube. There is also a very nice chocolate coconut bar there that was too good! Normally I can restrain myself and only eat half a bar as a treat, but the coconut one was so good I ate it all! I think they also said if you buy a case (mix'n'match) you get 25% off.

Cheers!
BigJ

dustbunnie Sat, May-01-04 11:25

confused newbie :confused:

i have tried to get some information back that i read on the ottawa
threads, but i have no idea how to find it again.
i am not very good at the computer, a senior citizen, a good excuse
for forgetting how i got there in the first place.
what is the name of the low carb bars the costco has and appr.
where they are located.
any help is appreciated.
sincerly dustbinnie :)

RobinDBois Wed, May-16-07 09:18

Hey,

I'm near Ottawa, in Outaouais Québec side :-)

Anyone know where I can get PORK RINDS ?

ehehehhe

Ottawa Tue, Aug-07-07 14:05

This is a few months late but I get the Pork Rinds at Bulk Food Warehouse. There are several throughout Ottawa (South Keys, Blair and Ogilvie and so on). Almost anywhere there is a large Loblaws you will find one.

A few other items that they have include Sugar free chocolate wafers and Golden Flaxseed. The Pork Rinds work well in some crusts and you can save 15-20% by buying a case. They also have soy crisps that are a nice treat and loaded with protein as well.

I am from Ottawa as well, following Protein Power for just over 4 years.

Squiggle86 Wed, Aug-08-07 13:45

An Ottawa thread, nice!

I'm right downtown, nice to meet you all.

Bailey1717 Fri, Nov-02-07 07:46

This thread doesn't get much attention very often...guess there aren't very many "Ottawans" around. I live in Quebec--about 45 minutes north of Ottawa. Loving this site!!!

tamarian Thu, Nov-22-07 18:01

We've met a few times in the past, there are a few threads here. I guess Ottawans are dispersed through the forum and need to be nudged. Maybe we can start a new thread and see who wants to meet before Xmass...

Wa'il

Ottawa Thu, Nov-22-07 18:20

Sounds Great!

From the last time (few years back) it might be best if we pick a location and a night, then start the thread. With office things, family committments, etc., it would be better to have it earlier than later. Thursday, Friday or Saturday works for me.

tamarian Fri, Nov-23-07 11:13

Hey Ottawa, sound like the right person to get this going :)

Either of those days is fine by me, let's see who else is interested. Might be worth bumping one of our old threads to see if some are still around.

Wa'il